• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New DVC Polynesian Villas Announced

jlp879

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, that does not fit in with the Polynesian's current theming at all! Will definitely change the look and feel of the current, much beloved Poly.

nomoretslt

Reaction score
Figured it was coming since they were making no move about reopening the Spirit of Aloha luau. We saw that on our honeymoon over 40 years ago. It is sitting on prime real estate though.

I hope they tweak that design. It kind of resembles the Reflections lodge that was supposed to be built by the old River country, but was scrapped.

No interest in purchasing (have more than enough contracts and points) but would stay there if the points are right, but I somehow doubt it. Glad we have Bay Lake Tower. Standard view rooms are great point savers and sometimes have great views.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is that where this is being built? Where Spirit of Alohu’s theater currently sits?? I have never seen it. I actually had reservations to finally see it in April of 2020. Of course Disney closed and I had to cancel that trip. And it hasn’t opened again since.

Janann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
Figured it was coming since they were making no move about reopening the Spirit of Aloha luau.
Earlier today (before the DVC announcement) Disney announced that Spirit of Aloha is permanently closed.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Earlier today (before the DVC announcement) Disney announced that Spirit of Aloha is permanently closed.
We went one time. It was pretty good, but my wife got real bad food poisoning. I had no issues. It wasn't pretty.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Looks great! I think I would like it better than the OG Poly

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
Interesting news.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Adding 1BR and 2BR villas to Poly is a great idea...though we'll have to wait to see what the villa breakdown ends up being. Kind of the reverse of the expansion at VGF.

Not of interest to me since I own at BLT. But Disney might get my money if/when a DVC Yacht Club gets built.

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
We are way too old to even think of adding on to our membership, but it’s really fun to read all the speculation, criticism, and sometimes nonsensical statements about new DVC resorts. And it gives us a new place to stay for a few nights, usually when it’s still in active sales and a little easier to book (even if it means setting up a waitlist far enough in advance to take advantage of additional declarations of villas into the new condominium association).

Reaction score
Nice design and I suspect the final product will be very similar to the drawing....1 and 2 and 3 bedroom suites will be a welcome addition to the all studio poly dvc

gdrj

Reaction score
Artist rendering, don't put much faith in that being the final design.
I dont recall design changing much from Artist rendering of past properties. Looks similar to the prior FT Wilderness project. Does not fit in to Poly property. With Joe Rohde retired, I worry that any cultural references or Disney touches will be ignored and will have more of a generic Westin feel. Recent Disney actions say they will go on the cheap.