• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

new deed for Summer Bay?

anne1125

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got a call for the free 4 day mid-week stay last night so I asked the nice man on the phone if he knew when the new deeds will be sent. He said we will get a packet in the mail before the end of the year.

Has any other owner heard anything?

Anne

roadtriper

TUG Member
Reaction score
New Magazine

Hi Anne, no word on the Deeds, but I did recieve a nice full size color glossy 27 page Magazine/Brochure called "Lifestyles" the official publication of Summer Bay Resorts. Volume One, Issue One! it highlights all the properties.
looks like Summer Bay just aquired Sunset Cove Resort in Marco Island Fla.

looks like they are up to 7 properties now? Marco Island, Orlando, Las Vegas, Gattlinburg Tn., Pigeon Forge Tn, Farmington Mo,and Clarksville Mo.

Nice write up on each area. and some owner info in the publication. Kind of Half sales Brochure/Half Newsletter anyone else get their copy of this? Thoughts? RT

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I did recieve a nice full size color glossy 27 page Magazine/Brochure called "Lifestyles" the official publication of Summer Bay Resorts. Volume One, Issue One!

it highlights all the properties.
looks like Summer Bay just aquired Sunset Cove Resort in Marco Island Fla.

I haven't gotten the mag yet, so I will look out for it.

My guess is that SB did not acquire the Sunset Cove Resort, but rather that they acquired some inventory. It is also an Associate Resort for HGVC, and is on page 57 of their currently member guide.

JoeMO

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Clarksville, MO?

Roadtripper,

What resort does Summber Bay have in Clarksville, MO?

Thanks,
Joe

roadtriper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Roadtripper,

What resort does Summber Bay have in Clarksville, MO?

Thanks,
Joe

Hi Joe, thats a very good question! they have Clarksville Mo. listed on the front of the brochure, but when I read through the Midwest resorts section it mentions Crown Point Lodge, Crown Point Links and Crown Valley Winery which are all in the Farmington area arent they? dont know! RT

roadtriper

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's a Mystery

Joe, I figured I could make a simple phone call and find out about the Clarksville Property, WRONG! I called Midwest customer care, who didn't have a clue, who transfered me to reservations, who didn't have a clue, who transfered me to Sales, who tried to sign me up for a free visit to Crown Point, But didn't have a clue, who transfered me to cusomer care in ORLANDO who didn't have a clue, who transfered me back to sales at Crown Point, who still didn't have a clue! nobody knows anything about any resort in Clarksville Mo.??? although it's listed on the front page of the mag and in Mr. Joe Scott's Welcoming letter inside the front cover it says "Inside this debut issue you will find information on all our fine properties in Orlando,Fl. Marco Island Fl. Gatlinburg,Tn. Pigeon Forge, Tn. Farmington, Mo. Clarksville,Mo. and Las Vegas, NV."

So evidently it's a secret at this point! :D Maybe Mr. Scott has purchased something and forgot to tell anyone about it? I tried! RT

JoeMO

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Clarksville

I think there is only one timeshare in Clarksville and it is not a Summer Bay. Clarksville is only about an hour from me so it would be great if there was one there but I suspect it is a misprint. It doesn't list it on the Summber Bay website.

JoeMO

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It Is True

Roadtriper,

I got my Lifestyles magazine today (I don't know why you got yours in ME before I get mine in MO, but that's OK) and I called the Midwest Customer Care number to ask about the Clarksville Resort. The guy checked with a manager and said that it is the Vacation Villas in Clarksville, MO. I called Clarksville and they said it is true and has been that way for awhile. He says it even says Summer Bay on the employees uniforms/shirts. I also noticed that that resort is now a Silver Crown RCI Points Resort.

Vacation Villas at the Summit (#5772) is the name and RCI number. Summer Bay keeps getting better and better.

Art4th

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received my "Lifestyles" magazine on Monday here in upstate NY. I has some nice pictures of the new units in Vegas.

roadtriper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Roadtriper,

I got my Lifestyles magazine today (I don't know why you got yours in ME before I get mine in MO, but that's OK) and I called the Midwest Customer Care number to ask about the Clarksville Resort. The guy checked with a manager and said that it is the Vacation Villas in Clarksville, MO. I called Clarksville and they said it is true and has been that way for awhile. He says it even says Summer Bay on the employees uniforms/shirts. I also noticed that that resort is now a Silver Crown RCI Points Resort.

Vacation Villas at the Summit (#5772) is the name and RCI number. Summer Bay keeps getting better and better.

Joe, I'm glad you found someone who knew! I spoke with 6 people in at least 5 offices in 2 states and then emailed one of the high ups in SB mgmt and I couldn't get an answer! I wonder why they aren't promoting it more? too much, too fast maybe? RT

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
does summer bay have an internal exchange program?
other than RCI.

roadtriper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Soon I Hope

does summer bay have an internal exchange program?
other than RCI.

Sandy, nothing right now, but it sounds like there may be something on the Horizon. on page 3 of the new magazine it says "Coming Soon" Summer Bay Resorts Crown Club it mentions being an exclusive points based club avail. to Summer Bay Resort owners only. "use your annual allotment of points for reservations WITHIN the collection of Summer Bay Resorts. " now I'm not sure if they are going to have their own internal point sytem or this is for RCI Points Owners??? as a weeks owner in Las Vegas only, and not an RCI member. I sure hope they are planning an internal exchange program. especialy at the rate they seem to be aquiring properties! RT

anne1125

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got my magazine. Nice!

Still wish we get something about the deed. I emailed the company that handled the exchanging of the deeds but have not had a response.

Anne

roadtriper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Paper Jungle

I got my magazine. Nice!

Still wish we get something about the deed. I emailed the company that handled the exchanging of the deeds but have not had a response.

Anne

Hi Anne,
I agree, it would be nice to have an answer. I was told this is the largest Real Estate transfer in history. not sure if they were talking LV History? Nevada history? or just Real Estate history? But with 25.000 +/- deeds at the old resort and 32,000 +/- deeds at the Desert Club plus all the paperwork involved with each transfer, I can just imagine they are up to their A$$es in Paperwork:eek: and I Bet that the Clark County NV. Recorder is going to have to put on additional staff to just get it all recorded in a reasonable timeframe. It's also unknown if the actual deeds will be sent to us by Summer bay, or will they be sent by the County Recorder?

I've been watching for activity on the recorders site and there were a couple hundred documents recorded around the 4/29/08 date. (that's when the deal between Harrah's and Summer Bay closed.) and there have been some couple hundred deeds etc. recorded just within the past few weeks. but I can't make head nor tails of them as there are too many different LLC's Corp's etc
they are probably new sales done since the xfer. and maybe some forclosures etc. RT

Mimi

TUG Review Crew
Reaction score
I would be very surprised if weeks owners would have access to Summer Bay point properties in other locations. This is leverage for them to have us convert to points. There is not enough incentive for me, however, since any trades for us would be preferably in Hawaii, which I can get with Trading Places...not RCI. I'll keep that conversion money for quality vacations, thank you very much. :rofl:

gravityrules

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MROP
Mimi,

Here is the quote from the previously mentioned magazine (and what I suspect is the reason for Volume 1 Issue 1 of 'Lifestyles') ...

In addition to all the great benefits that Summer Bay Resorts owners receive, we will soon offer Summer Bay Resorts owners an exclusive point based club - Summer Bay Resorts Crown Club.

Summer Bay Resorts Crown Club is an exclusive club open to Summer Bay Resorts owners only. It offers our owners additional flexibility to make reservations that fit even the most hectic lifestyle, including weekly or daily reservations.
Take advantage of this benefit and use your annual allotment of points for reservations within the collection of Summer Bay Resorts.

.... After you have explored all of Summer Bay Resorts diverse locations, take your adventures a step further with RCI's access to over 3,800 resorts worldwide. ...

A points based club for a handful of properties or is it just RCI points? IMHO, in either case the only thing in this for weeks owners is likely to be a conversion sales pitch.

JoeMO

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
More Points

Maybe I am the last person to know this but when I was awarded my SB RCI Points they gave me the new higher amount.

dwsupt

TUG Member
Reaction score
I might be able to shed some light on the SB property in Clarksville Mo. SB accuired a campground company which dabbled in condo rentals as well as campgrounds. It is now known as Midwest Family Resorts & Travel. They have property in Missouri, as well as Litchfield, IL and Colana, IL (both campgrounds) headquarters is in St. Louis, Mo. Anyway, the Missouri property was highly developed prior to bankruptcy at which time SB. took over. You read about shady TS deals on here, the camground business is not much better. The rumor is that the former owner bought the MO property from a drug sale. Complete with helicopter pad and horse stables. Through a process that spanned over 20 years, the former owner did little development but would milk the dues from the members and then file bankruptcy. Seven years later guess what? you guessed he'd file again. Finally a federal judge had enough and forced the sale to a third party-SBR the rest is history being written.