• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New confirmation letter from HGVC

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Seems that HGVC have finally updated their confirmation letters. Now we get something useful instead of an attached pdf.

The new ones look like this. When you scroll down it will have all the information right there in the mail.

1585838220962.jpeg

Reaction score
Hooray....I have been complaining about that for years.

Disney has nice confirmation emails too

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, they took the time during which we can't make reservations to fix the reservation system! :)

(Yes, I know we can make reservations for the future even now...)

This is a welcome change.

Cheers.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I hope they fix the guest certificate, so you get an updated reservation certificate instead of having to call in and have it sent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah it is a nice change that most have looked forward to.

Curious to know if guest certificates have been updated too?

DEROS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I use Google Calendar extensively. The new confirmation emails are seen as reservation and is automatically added to my calendar. Under the pdf version, I had to do ad and make changes manually.

Good Job HGVC.

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
I use Google Calendar extensively. The new confirmation emails are seen as reservation and is automatically added to my calendar. Under the pdf version, I had to do ad and make changes manually.

Good Job HGVC.

HGVC does a good job of adding little features that make people happy. The reliability of the websiete is another story. As far as the confirmation notice I got the following: Today I saw availability in green on the website to extend a reservation. I clicked on the dates of the new reservation as usually and when I clicked to make the reservation the confirmation I got was the reservation was no longer available. I waited a few minutes and did the same thing and got the same confirmation. Therefore, while they may have improved the confirmation letter, the website is no longer totally reliable as far as the availability of nights!!

DEROS

TUG Member
Reaction score
HGVC does a good job of adding little features that make people happy. The reliability of the websiete is another story. As far as the confirmation notice I got the following: Today I saw availability in green on the website to extend a reservation. I clicked on the dates of the new reservation as usually and when I clicked to make the reservation the confirmation I got was the reservation was no longer available. I waited a few minutes and did the same thing and got the same confirmation. Therefore, while they may have improved the confirmation letter, the website is no longer totally reliable as far as the availability of nights!!

I agree that reservation system still needs improvement. I saw a unit and time I really wanted. I selected it and it came back "something went wrong". I tried again, the same message. I kind of dropped it but came back about 15 min later to see if it was still available. The date and unit was still available but once again the system would not let me reserve the unit. I eventually called the reservation desk, told them the problem and they reserve the unit for me at the online price and also with the ability to change with no charge. However, it is frustrating because I was afraid I would not get the unit and date of my choice.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I agree that reservation system still needs improvement.... I eventually called the reservation desk, told them the problem and they reserve the unit for me...

A speaker at a microphone looks out over a sea of humanity and asks:
"Does anyone think HGVC's reservation system works like a fine-tuned Swiss watch?"
... Dead silence.
A lone voice is heard: "More like a clock that's stopped working. It's right twice a day."

-------------------
In truth, I've not had a problem with it, but I can sympathize.