• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New cell phone

cindi

TUG Member
Reaction score
My agreement is up with Altel at the end of the month. And I am in the major search mode for my "new" phone. I think I have it narrowed down to staying wtih Altel and chosing the LG GLimmer, or switching to a new plan at Verison and getting the LG Dare.

I have been reading for two days and am feeling pretty overwhelmed right now. BTW, this all started because of all the advertising for the I phone, which isn't available in ND, so that one is out, unfortunately.

Anyone have any experience with either of these phones? I am not a road warrier, so don't really NEED all those bells and whistles, but that doesn't stop me from wanting them. :D

I have been happy with Altel for many years now, so it would be a big step for me to switch carriers. In addition, we do have a family plan at Altel, which I would still continue. Right now it is me, DH and my mother on there (we added a line for her for a Christmas gift, so must continue it for at least another year).

At Verison I would get a corporate discount which would help with justifying the additional charges, at least in my muddled brain at the moment.

Comments, anyone?

jd2601

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are not in a hurry rumor says that Verizon will come out with a touchscreen blackberry soon. I am hopeful early November, not sure if this date is confirmed. The Storm would have limited buttons and interface is a touch screen.

Lots of info about this new phone on the internet. I am waiting to upgrade to take a look at this new phone.

cindi

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are not in a hurry rumor says that Verizon will come out with a touchscreen blackberry soon. I am hopeful early November, not sure if this date is confirmed. The Storm would have limited buttons and interface is a touch screen.

Lots of info about this new phone on the internet. I am waiting to upgrade to take a look at this new phone.

Thanks for the info. :wave:

Did some checking/reading online about it. Looks to be WAY cool. Didn't make my decision any easier, for sure. :D I signed up to be notified about it's release.

cindi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Verizon's third attempt to put out another Iphone killer will be another failure.

Are you going on past history? I am not familiar with all of this.

Why are all the other companies having such a difficult time coming up with some real competition for the I phone? The technology has to be there, doesn't it? :confused:

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Cindi,
Since your old phone works well and you needn't be in a hurry, why not just wait awhile and continue on with your current plan, without a contract. You like your carrier due to the family plan, so you probably should continue with them anyway. If you want to wait to see if a more advanced telephone comes out, waiting would be my answer.

Fern

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Wait for less? Why?

Thanks for the info. :wave:

Did some checking/reading online about it. Looks to be WAY cool. Didn't make my decision any easier, for sure. :D I signed up to be notified about it's release.

The Palm Centro or Treo (Palm OS based) already does everything the I-Phone and Blackberry can (including touch screens) and more. Why wait or accept less? The Centro is $100 or less.

cindi

TUG Member
Reaction score
My biggest problem is that I have no patience. :p

I definitely don't HAVE to do anything right now. But I am such a huge technology addict, once I get an idea in my head that I want something newer and bigger and shinier, I just can't let it be until I get it. ;)

I looked at the Palms some, but I don't really want a pure PDA type thing. I want a smart phone. One that looks bright and shiney and cool. :rofl: