• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New CDC Guidelines for Restaurants and Bars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
I saw this yesterday. I live in Alabama. There is no way I would go eat in a buffet style restaurant in this state right now. Below is another article from yesterday about my state.

Last edited:

Chrisky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fauci claims that the sneeze barrier will prevent the spread of C-19. So it's all good. But expect him to change his mind, tomorrow.

Oh my, aren’t we cynical this morning. Of course, things change and have been changing since the beginning of this pandemic. What’s wrong with that? If your CDC doctors did not change ideas and protocols as the pandemic advances, would you then be criticizing them for not changing?

Don’t commercial establishments in your area use sneeze barriers?
In our entire province we have been using sneeze barriers since the very beginning, wherever there are cash registers. These sneeze barriers work both ways; they protect me as well as the person working the cash register! Oh and by the way, we all wear face masks whenever we are entering any establishment - malls, grocery stores, pharmacies, hair dressers etc. and even when entering condo buildings!
We still have some people who have a problem with social distancing, but peer pressure is changing some of their thoughts on this.

bluehende

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Fauci claims that the sneeze barrier will prevent the spread of C-19. So it's all good. But expect him to change his mind, tomorrow.
Citation please

Brett

Reaction score
Automats are making a comeback

https://www.wsj.com/articles/automats-make-a-comeback-in-covid-19-pandemic-11604854800

" automat is similar to the original style in that customers pick up their meals from a cubby without interacting with an employee. He has made some upgrades. Customers will have a
completely touchless experience by ordering in advance on their smartphones or on the restaurant’s website, after which they will receive a unique code to unlock a food cubby. Mr. Scutellaro said a few kitchen staff members will prepare the food ahead of time to enable a turnaround of 5 to 7 minutes from when a customer places an order.
The kitchen will be operated by robots, with supervision from one or two staff members. Robot arms are attached to the ceiling and hold deep fryers, flip dumplings and maintain the kitchen equipment with artificial intelligence."

cman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know you're being cynical. Fauci has never said anything like that. But I'm baffled at how seemingly intelligent people choose to deny science and cling to their ideology. It seems to be a problem unique to the USA. Attack the scientists for reporting the data. Good luck on your ideological journey. But the only way we're going to get out of this pandemic is with SCIENCE.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo

Only unreliable ideologues (spelling?) will never change their minds or recommendations. A scientist will change/modify their recommendations with new information/data concerning a new disease process that is gained over time.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
I found this graph quite intriguing, as the daily number of infections is still the primary reported data in news stories: US Daily positive tests vs. Daily deaths
Screenshot_20201110-091007_Chrome.jpg

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
But I'm baffled at how seemingly intelligent people choose to deny science and cling to their ideology. It seems to be a problem unique to the USA. Attack the scientists for reporting the data. Good luck on your ideological journey. But the only way we're going to get out of this pandemic is with SCIENCE.
I couldn't agree more. I could state why I think this country has been attacking / ignoring science more in the last few years, but that would venture into the political realm. Suffice to say that I don't have much hope that a good portion of the populace will get behind the science needed to end this pandemic sooner vs. later.

Kurt

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I found this graph quite intriguing, as the daily number of infections is still the primary reported data in news stories: US Daily positive tests vs. Daily deaths
View attachment 28401
This is indeed interesting. I think there are several factors in play here. Deaths lag behind new cases, so we wouldn't expect to see the effects of the latest spike quite yet. We definitely have more effective treatments vs. early in the pandemic, which has resulted in a lower death rate.

Also, there is more testing, so more of the cases are now being counted. If you remember in the first few months, many people could not get tested even if they were exhibiting symptoms; many were only tested if they were admitted into a hospital. I personally know of several people in this category. Now, most people can get tested for a wide range of reasons, so more of the cases are becoming the confirmed cases that we see on these graphs.

I'd also like to see a breakdown of age for the new cases we are seeing. Schools and colleges have been back in session in most parts of the country, which means more interactions of people in age groups where, honestly, testing positive is not life threatening. There are also many colleges that are requiring mandatory and random testing, so again, we are confirming more of the cases that are out there. If a greater portion of the new cases are in younger people, we shouldn't expect to see the deaths spike as much.

Let's just hope that the spike in confirmed cases follows the trend of not causing a proportional spike in deaths.

Kurt

Old Hickory

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know you're being cynical. Fauci has never said anything like that. But I'm baffled at how seemingly intelligent people choose to deny science and cling to their ideology. It seems to be a problem unique to the USA. Attack the scientists for reporting the data. Good luck on your ideological journey. But the only way we're going to get out of this pandemic is with SCIENCE.

This "deny science" meme is so tired. What I've found over the past several months is that many of the C-19 focused scientists are not very good at considering other sciences like psychology, sociology, economics, data analysis, etc. And if two or more highly respected scientists all have completely different opinions, then which one's science is SCIENCE?

Here, watch this video from JAMA of two highly respected scientists (representing larger groups) and tell me which scientist's opinion I should follow:

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
This is indeed interesting. I think there are several factors in play here. Deaths lag behind new cases, so we wouldn't expect to see the effects of the latest spike quite yet. We definitely have more effective treatments vs. early in the pandemic, which has resulted in a lower death rate.

Also, there is more testing, so more of the cases are now being counted. If you remember in the first few months, many people could not get tested even if they were exhibiting symptoms; many were only tested if they were admitted into a hospital. I personally know of several people in this category. Now, most people can get tested for a wide range of reasons, so more of the cases are becoming the confirmed cases that we see on these graphs.

I'd also like to see a breakdown of age for the new cases we are seeing. Schools and colleges have been back in session in most parts of the country, which means more interactions of people in age groups where, honestly, testing positive is not life threatening. There are also many colleges that are requiring mandatory and random testing, so again, we are confirming more of the cases that are out there. If a greater portion of the new cases are in younger people, we shouldn't expect to see the deaths spike as much.

Let's just hope that the spike in confirmed cases follows the trend of not causing a proportional spike in deaths.

Kurt
I meant to post a link to the data which I do below.
Actually, the lag is not an issue, as this is a graph from the beginning of the pandemic (in the US) to today. the incredible thing is that after an initial spikes of over 2000 deaths per day certain days in March and April (mostly attributable to New York and NE states), daily deaths have averaged well under 1,000 per day and have not varied regardless of the extreme increase in positive tests. Despite this, the reporting constantly focuses on the number of positive tests per day, but ignores that deaths per day remains largely unchanged (in fact they continue to decrease.)

This seems to prove what Fauci and other experts said back in March, that we cannot control or stop the spread, we just have to flatten the curve to ensure we can treat all that need treatment. We have clearly done that.

My hypothesis (educated guess) is that widespread mask use does not necessarily stop the spread, but reduces the amount of virus that is spread from person to person, leading to less severe cases as healthcare figures out better treatment, and the most vulnerable stay isolated.

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score

New CDC brief says increasing universal masking by 15% could reduce economic losses by up to $1 trillion

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
New restaurant concept:

As I posted on a thread before this will brings costs down for takeout/delivery I do not want to pay for dining space. Restaurants need to understand that the rent for dining space when dining space is closed or barely used that rent money needs to come out of the "owners" pocket as otherwise they will not be able to compete with this new model. That is dead space for the time being. They can adapt or go under.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well it is certainly true that not listening to Dr Fauci has us rounding this corner.

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
My dd was in the ER last week for a fall and broken wrist. I had a nice chat with the ER doc while she was having x-rays taken. His thoughts on take out were that he's not doing even that any more. He had gone into a restaurant where the owner was a friend of his. The owner came out from the back to say hello, with no mask, then made the comment about "Oh, it's the doctor, Better put on my mask." He felt if they weren't taking it seriously, he wasn't going to do take out any longer. This is just one doctor's opinion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.