• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Bern NC Timeshares

Nancy

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are several New Bern timeshares available in RCI's Last Call. Are they all located in the same general area? Are there any that should be avoided?

TIA
Nancy

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott's Shadow Ridge Enclaves
Resort In Cocoa Beach, FL
My family stayed in Sand Castle Village during Xmas. This was their second stay in New Bern. I booked the unit for them since they were going to visit relatives in Havelock while we went to Florida to vacation in a warmer climate. Most of the timeshares are located on the same property, but are under different management offices. I was a previous owner at Fairfield Harbour, which is also located there, but I enjoyed the unit at Sand Castles more due to the washer/dryers and jacuzzi in the units. Unless things have changed, Fairfield Harbour did not have washers in the units. The wash huts were shared by a cluster of units.

The amenities were good. I have not been there in 5 yrs, but my sister informed me that the area has really changed for the better with a few stores closer to the resort.

We enjoyed a day trip to historic New Bern. If you go, plan to take the trolly tour. Also, there is a good restaurant located on the property near the dock. We enjoyed a sailboat excursion as well. Bikes are also available to rent.

Nancy

TUG Member
Reaction score
New Bern

Thanks Hajjah. My kids decided to go to Outer Banks instead. I just wasn't certain if all the resorts were together and shared amenities like Massanutten, etc. or if some were located at a different place.

Nancy