• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Amex Offer: Marriott Hotels, $50 Back When You Spend $200+

Dawnwrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN, WSJ-CV
I received the credit within a day on a similar offer back in October 2020. Haven’t received it yet this time, but in the terms it says, “Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 4/10/2021”, so I am still hopeful.....

Dawnwrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN, WSJ-CV
It took about 2 weeks, but the $50 credit showed up on my CC account yesterday. I used it to prepay $200 on my KORVN MFs. Yahoo!

Robotpedlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got mine also. Took some time to post (couple of weeks) but the $50k credit is there now. As others above, I used it to prepay some of my 2022 maint fees ($210 worth).

Negma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk WKV WMH WKORVN SVR Harborside 5* and spoiled
To be clear, we used it at the resort to pay our Bill not on MF
The $50 credit hit our account today for charges at the resort.

luv_maui

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Me too. Got $50 for prepaying WKORV MFs. $50 credit just posted yesterday, paid 13 days earlier. Paid a little over $200 + some cents.

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
I paid the transient accomodation taxes due for my stay at WKORV, along with a purchase at the beach grill. The total amounted to about $206, mostly for the TATs. I checked out of that stay on Feb. 8 and credit showed up on my AmEx statement dated Feb. 21. I wasn't sure this was going to work, but I'm glad it did!

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
I just prepaid $200 for WKORV-N and received the Amex email 2 hours later. I'm very happy since I have 6 of these marriott $50 off offers.

This is confirmed. I just received the $50 credit after 9 days I paid the $200 WKORVN MF. I will use the other 5 cards to pay $200 each soon.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Got mine also. Took some time to post (couple of weeks) but the $50k credit is there now. As others above, I used it to prepay some of my 2022 maint fees ($210 worth).
WOW, a $50,000 credit? Where do I sign up? :p

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
When you all are prepaying your fees, do you call in or just plug $200 in the online payment box even though it shows zero balance?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
When you all are prepaying your fees, do you call in or just plug $200 in the online payment box even though it shows zero balance?
You can do it either way, but online is easier.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Mine posted after about three weeks. The AMEX offers have been great so far this year (Best Buy, Home Depot, Paypal) and should eventually be close to covering the membership fee (AMEX Platinum, non-Marriott).

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I paid $225 toward my Bella unit but haven’t seen the credit yet. The payment just posted March 2 so I’m probably a little early to see anything.

SMH1968

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Villages Key West
Mine posted after about three weeks. The AMEX offers have been great so far this year (Best Buy, Home Depot, Paypal) and should eventually be close to covering the membership fee (AMEX Platinum, non-Marriott).
This is good news! Just to clarify, you pre-paid your maintenance on a Vistana property, right? Not on a Marriott hotel stay?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I was skeptical too but don't like to pass up free money so I paid $210 of my next year's MF at SBP and it took about 3 weeks but the $50 credit showed up. The offer is still showing as available so I wonder if I should press my luck and pay another $200.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
This is good news! Just to clarify, you pre-paid your maintenance on a Vistana property, right? Not on a Marriott hotel stay?
Correct. The credit showed up as "ST AUGUSTINE RESORT CONDO"

I racked up $400 in AMEX credits last month. Marriott, Paypal, airline change fee, Best Buy and Home Depot. Plus it looks like we'll be comfortable flying starting in May so should be able to use my airport club membership from Amex platinum.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
Does $200 have to be in one transaction?

SMH1968

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Villages Key West
For anyone on the fence, here's a screenshot. The credit hasn't posted yet, but it's showing up in the "Savings" tab of my Amex Offers for prepaying my Vistana Villages Key West 2022 maintenance! Offer expires 4/10.

Screenshot 2021-03-14 at 10.48.56 AM.png