• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Nerdwallet-Timeshare Presentations Earns Me Cheap Travel

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score

jrb916

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing as this is one way we have traveled the last 5+ years. We’ve been to Orlando (2x), Myrtle Beach, & Branson (numerous) on these promotional trips. We are going to St Pete (Blue/green) & San Clemente, CA (HVC) this fall.

The writer is correct as that you can negotiate the rewards. We went to a home remodeling show & spun the Capital Vacations (CV) wheel. We ‘won’ a 7 night resort stay, but my wife said she was hoping for a free cruise (one of the other prizes). We own at Stormy Point Village so know all about CV & how to say no. They told us if we sign up, we could get both prizes along with some gift cards, etc. We paid $149 for the package & got:
  1. 3 night stay at CV Calypso Cay in Orlando (Presidents Day weekend)
  2. $100 Visa Gift Card
  3. $50 Visa Gift Card (booked within 60 days of purchase)
  4. $100 Dining credit for Orlando Seafood Buffet (ok place to eat)
  5. $50 Dining Credit (Giordano’s Pizza in Orlando)
  6. Entertainment Voucher (concert/sports tix—haven’t used yet)
  7. 7 night stay @ CV Carriage Place (Branson)—$149 reservation fee
  8. 7 night Royal Caribbean cruise (Spring Break 2025–$149 reservation fee plus port fees/gratuities total of $550)

Our presentation lasted 15 min as they signed us up for an owner update (60 minutes min-they said they didn’t know why we were there & took us to the rewards desk), we didn’t have to pay resort fees since we are SPV owners & no additional presentations are required. We used Southwest Rewards points for our airfare or drove.

We didn’t stay in 5 star places, but we got 3 good vacations for under $1000 for attending one 15 minute TS presentation. Do others do this?

jp10558

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Seaworld
Wyndham Smoky Mountains
Foxrun Lake Lure
Thanks for sharing as this is one way we have traveled the last 5+ years. We’ve been to Orlando (2x), Myrtle Beach, & Branson (numerous) on these promotional trips. We are going to St Pete (Blue/green) & San Clemente, CA (HVC) this fall.

The writer is correct as that you can negotiate the rewards. We went to a home remodeling show & spun the Capital Vacations (CV) wheel. We ‘won’ a 7 night resort stay, but my wife said she was hoping for a free cruise (one of the other prizes). We own at Stormy Point Village so know all about CV & how to say no. They told us if we sign up, we could get both prizes along with some gift cards, etc. We paid $149 for the package & got:
  1. 3 night stay at CV Calypso Cay in Orlando (Presidents Day weekend)
  2. $100 Visa Gift Card
  3. $50 Visa Gift Card (booked within 60 days of purchase)
  4. $100 Dining credit for Orlando Seafood Buffet (ok place to eat)
  5. $50 Dining Credit (Giordano’s Pizza in Orlando)
  6. Entertainment Voucher (concert/sports tix—haven’t used yet)
  7. 7 night stay @ CV Carriage Place (Branson)—$149 reservation fee
  8. 7 night Royal Caribbean cruise (Spring Break 2025–$149 reservation fee plus port fees/gratuities total of $550)

Our presentation lasted 15 min as they signed us up for an owner update (60 minutes min-they said they didn’t know why we were there & took us to the rewards desk), we didn’t have to pay resort fees since we are SPV owners & no additional presentations are required. We used Southwest Rewards points for our airfare or drove.

We didn’t stay in 5 star places, but we got 3 good vacations for under $1000 for attending one 15 minute TS presentation. Do others do this?
Dang. I haven't done it since the HGVC VIP package - mostly because it kind of feels unfair to the company (I know, I'm weird) if I know I have no interest in purchasing retail now. Then again, I've never had anyone offer me 7 night stays or a cruise for $149. That haul you got was amazing TBH. Where do you all find those? I probably just don't live in the right area lol.

It's usually not worth it to me to go for a 3 night in most places.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Got one of these the other day and it included returning the $149 at the end of the Presentation plus whatever other Gifts you were able to negotiate.

jrb916

TUG Member
Reaction score
Where do you all find those? I probably just don't live in the right area lol.

It seems like the mid-tier resorts (Diamond, Capital, Blue/Green) have (had) these deals. With Hilton buying Diamond & now B/G, I haven’t seen as good as deals from them & the locations are more limited.

Capital seems to have hired former Diamond’s marketing/sales staff & are offering these deals trying to sell their points programs.

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
My former coworker seems to go on a few of these presentation, discounted vacations. The 3/4 night arrangements are not my cup of tea, especially if it involves more than 2 hours of travel so we rarely do these.

claraj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Los Suenos
I agree regarding the 3 night arrangement. Marriott let me add additional nights for $199 per night in a 2 BR villa. I asked Hyatt if they had a similar arrangement and was told no.