• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

need your help - looking at Club Intrawest

Funfamily

Reaction score
We were looking to buy at Club Intrawest, but now that Hilton owners can all exchange there it seems like usage options will tighten up. We would like some insights about CI to help us shop:

How many units does CI have across the 9 resorts? is supply sufficient?
Does CI have an internal resales dept we could visit with?
How do they communicate with owners to keep you posted on news etc. and how often do they come out (newsletters, counselors, magazines)?
I understand CI uses points - but is it deeded too?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bill4728

Reaction score
As a happy Club Intrawest owner I'll try to answer some of your questions.

How many units does CI have across the 9 resorts? is supply sufficient?
The CI inventory at the most popular resorts goes fast. you must call at 11 months ahead to get reservations at both Zhaut and Whistler

Does CI have an internal resales dept we could visit with?
There is no resale dept at CI but there are several websites which have alot of CI resales. (I'll post a few for you) Beware you can't buy resale points in any amounts less than 120 pts. So if you buy 120 then want 50 more, you can only buy the 50 more from CI directly.

How do they communicate with owners to keep you posted on news etc. and how often do they come out (newsletters, counselors, magazines)?
They have a monthly newsletter and a twice yearly news magazine

I understand CI uses points - but is it deeded too?
CI deeds are held debt free in a trust, but the points you buy are points in the trust and are not deeded property.

Please read the TUG article on Club Intrawest on the TUG advice page. See the link on the red banner at the top of this page.

Bill4728

Reaction score
We were looking to buy at Club Intrawest, but now that Hilton owners can all exchange there it seems like usage options will tighten up. We would like some insights about CI to help us shop:

I thought I'd comment about this too. The deal with Hilton and CI is that when a CI member uses a HGVC property, a HGVC member can use a CI property. This means that, hopefully, there should be little change in the availability of units for CI members, BUT we'll have to see. ( CI has the same deal with Disney Club members too.)

tashamen

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
I agree with Bill - I don't think that there will be a significant issue of lack of availability for CI owners from this arrangement with Hilton. At least I'm not too concerned about it, especially since I can't even use the option to go into the Hiltons myself (because I don't participate in CI's Extraordinary Escapes exchange program).

He's also right that you need to be prompt about reservations for the most popular times and locations. However not everyone wants to go to at peak times, and we have not had problems booking when and where we want to go within the CI system, even though we usually travel for less than 6 nights at a time and can thus book only 4 months in advance.