• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need Unit Advice for Hilton International Drive in Orlando

suzanne

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be checking in on 11/21/08. We have a two bedroom exchange. I tried to find a previous post on which units or bldgs to request but could not find it. Which one would give us the best view of the lake. Looking for quiet unit not to close to the main pool. Should we call ahead with unit request or wait until we get there?

Also how is the parking at this resort? Is it close to the units?

Suzanne

dvc_john

TUG Member
Reaction score
The resort has 7 buildings situated around a lake with basically 4 buildings on 1 side of the lake and 3 buildings on the other. The leisure pool is at the far end of the lake between buildings 4 and 5. All of the buildings are in a 'U' shape, with 4 units (3 2-brs, and 1 1-br) directly facing the lake. Each end has 2 units (usually either 1 2-br and 1 3-br, or 2 2-brs, or 1-2br and 2 connecting 1-brs). The end units generally do not directly face the lake (although I believe that one end of building 6 does face the lake.)

The end units would have unit numbers ending in 01-04, and 12-15. The units most directly facing the lake would have unit numbers ending in 05-11.
I believe all 2-brs are lockouts (except for a 3-br which would be a dedicated 2-br plus a lockout studio.) The end units closest to the lake (units ending in 04 and 12) would have a balcony with screens on 2 sides - one side facing the lake and one side usually facing a courtyard.)

Building 1 is mostly next to the main pool with the lake beyond. Lake view probably somewhat obscured by the pool complex.
Building 2 would be fairly close to the main pool and have good lake views.
Building 3 would be between the main pool and the leisure pool and have good lake views.
Building 4 would be near the leisure pool. Some units (but not all) may not have much of a lake view due to the leisure pool, and units on one end would be across from a parking ramp for the nearby mall.
Building 5 would be on the other side of the lake facing building 4, and be much like building 4.
Building 6 would be next, have good lake views, and one end would directly face the lake.
Building 7 would be next. ( I haven't stayed in this one yet, but I think it has good lake views).
There is a footbridge between building 6 and 7 across the lake to between buildings 1 and 2 near the main pool.

The mall is expanding and there may be some construction (not sure when it is to be done) that might affect buildings 5-7. (I had a unit in building 4 while the contruction was going on and I didn't notice. But I did have a unit facing the lake, not an end unit. The end units would be more likely to notice any construction noise.)

Buildings 1 and 2 are 6 floors in height.
Buildings 3-6 are 7 floors.
Building 7 is 8 floors.
Each building has 2 elevators.

Parking is behind each building, but if coming back late from a park, all the spaces near your building may be taken. There is almost always plenty of parking behind the leisure pool between buildings 4 and 5, and near the check-in building next to building 1.

Last edited:

suzanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your help. My DH is going thru chemo right now so I want a quiet unit with a view of the lake for him, so he can relax on the screened in balcony. We are not doing Disney this trip, mostly relaxing at the resort and spend a day at Sea World and a day at Universal as he gets tired very easily.

Really appreciate all the effort you put into your response. Based on your description, I think I will try to get bldg 6 or 7 top floor for him.

Suzanne

Janann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
Try Google Maps

If you go to Google Maps and type in Arrezzo Way, Orlando, FL for an address you will get an aerial view of the resort. Building 1 is closest to the main pool, and building 7 is still under construction in the aerial photo. Also, the foot bridge which crosses the lake was not yet constructed when the photo was taken. The bridge crosses on the diagonal (top left to bottom right) near the fountain that is in the center of the lake. This aerial view will give you a good idea of which buildings have the best chance for a nice view, and maybe some excess parking availability at night.

bdj604

TUG Member
Reaction score
Need Unit Advice.......

I would recommend you put a call in to the manager of the property right away. While they cannot get into taking requests for specific units from everyone, I had a similar situation and made the request a week before we were to arrive. In my case, I had my elderly mother with me and wanted to be in the first building to minimize walking distance to the pool and deli. While they would not make any promises, they were very understanding about what I wanted to do and why and said they would try to accommodate me. The next year, I had forgotten to make the request in advance but arrived at the resort around noon and was able to make the request before everyone else checked in that day.

I will say that we enjoyed being in the first building but you are right over the pool and all of the music and other activities going on, so it would not be the most quiet for you (and I believe the second building wouldn't be what you want either).

Again, I know they can't take specific requests, but after staying there once a year since the resort opened (beginning three weeks after the resort first opened when only the first building was in use!), I can honestly say that this staff does everything they can possibly do to make your stay the best it can be.

I would call right away as they start planning and assigning rooms well in advance. Call and let them know your situation..you will be giving them a lot of flexibility as to your building assignment but just asking them for a quiet location. Have fun!

suzanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to say thanks for all your help. I called the resort spoke with a very sweet young lady. I asked for Bldgs 2, 3 or 6 top floor with good view of the lake and for a quiet unit and explained why. She said bldg 2 wouuld still be a bit noisy due to the closeness of the pools. She is going to try to get us in a unit in bldg 3 or 6. She said they were the quieter bldgs and offered the best views of the lake.

Thanks again for all your help.

Suzanne