• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need to terminate contract on Wyndham star resort in Kissimmee

chrisGSD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Star Island Florida
@chrisGSD, I would attempt to give it away for free and you could start by posting a free ad on TUG. You could even sweeten the deal with a $500 gift card after closing. It isn’t hard to give away a timeshare, LT Transfers is one company who will do everything for you for minimal cost.

If that fails, and knowing you are in the UK, I would suggest telling that not so polite Brian Turner that they could either take it back or they can start the foreclose process because you aren’t going to pay another dime."

Hi RX8

I've no idea what is involved in selling privately, can you post details on LT Transfers please. What sort of costs are involved?

"If that fails, and knowing you are in the UK, I would suggest telling that not so polite Brian Turner that they could either take it back or they can start the foreclose process because you aren’t going to pay another dime."

Hmm yeah been trying that for past two years, they don't seem interesting in foreclosing just sending ever increasing statements!!!! I'm not worried about them trying to collect from me in the UK, but they could sell on the debt to a UK debt agency who could then take me through UK courts.

Obviously if I try to give it away I'll need to pay up outstanding fees... I'm assuming LT will require paid up MF's.

Regards

Chris

chrisGSD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Star Island Florida
Ooops something went wrong I appear to have quoted my reply!!!

Hi RX8

I've no idea what is involved in selling privately, can you post details on LT Transfers please. What sort of costs are involved?

"If that fails, and knowing you are in the UK, I would suggest telling that not so polite Brian Turner that they could either take it back or they can start the foreclose process because you aren’t going to pay another dime."

Hmm yeah been trying that for past two years, they don't seem interesting in foreclosing just sending ever increasing statements!!!! I'm not worried about them trying to collect from me in the UK, but they could sell on the debt to a UK debt agency who could then take me through UK courts.

Obviously if I try to give it away I'll need to pay up outstanding fees... I'm assuming LT will require paid up MF's.

Regards

Chris

chrisGSD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Star Island Florida
I read on another thread "ARDA also claims that there is a "Dissolution Policy" ", does anyone know if this is true?

There was a link to ARDA https://responsibleexit.com/ Is this an option?

Regards

Chris

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Ooops something went wrong I appear to have quoted my reply!!!

Hi RX8

Regards

Chris

You are correct in that you will not be able to give this away unless it is up to date in maintenance fees. Having the fees paid at closing by LT Transfer is an option but honestly, there are many other free options out there at your resort that it is unlikely someone would want to deal with that issue. I looked at eBay completed sales for your resort and there are some sold, either for a buck or a little more, but there are also unsold auctions for your resort.

You referenced Responsible Exit. Taking a deed back is really is up to the resort. Here is a good thread on Responsible Exit - https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/arda-page-responsibleexit-com.284460/

Knowing you are past due on your fees and you are in the UK, here is another option for you. Contact your resort again, reference Responsible Exit that you found at ARDA and offer to bring all your fees current if they would accept a deedback. If they say no, offer next years maintenance fees as well. If they still say no you will have to decide what you want to do. Pay all fees current and try to give it away (maybe enticing a potential buyer with an added perk to separate your ad from all the others) or tell them that you aren’t going to pay anymore and that they can foreclose.

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
You referenced Responsible Exit. Taking a deed back is really is up to the resort. Here is a good thread on Responsible Exit - https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/arda-page-responsibleexit-com.284460/

Knowing you are past due on your fees and you are in the UK, here is another option for you. Contact your resort again, reference Responsible Exit that you found at ARDA and offer to bring all your fees current if they would accept a deedback. If they say no, offer next years maintenance fees as well.

I like this idea except for offering the next year maintenance fees. If they don't accept an entirely reasonable offer of catching up on past due amounts, I would just never pay them again and never contact them again. I'm no expert, but I can't believe they will spend any money at all trying to foreclose or collect from you, being in the UK.

Obviously just an opinion. And good luck whatever you decide.

Last edited:

chrisGSD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Star Island Florida
Hi

Thanks for the support. I have put an Ad in the bargain posts section, I'll try to add to add one to the Bargain Basement section of the Marketplace at the weekend.

Looking at the ARDA site they don't have Star Island Resorts on their list, only the Club Wyndham part of the resort which we don't have :(

timetoplay

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Star Island Resort and Club
After reading this thread I was wondering if anything was resolved? I quit paying 4 years ago hoping they would foreclose. Only recently they sent to a collection agency.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
After reading this thread I was wondering if anything was resolved? I quit paying 4 years ago hoping they would foreclose. Only recently they sent to a collection agency.
@timetoplay
Know your legal rights and privileges.
* Legal Disclaimer: These paraphrases of timeshare MF or mortgage (mort.) foreclosure (FC), deficiency/ anti-deficiency/ permissive anti-deficiency (D/AD/PAD), judicial/ nonjudicial (J/ NJ), and statutes of limitation (SOL) laws are to provide basic information. These paraphrases assist those doing their own legal research and make their own decisions on timeshare-related actions or inactions. The list and paraphrases are NOT intended to render legal advice, establish an attorney-client relationship, or be an alternative for appropriate legal research. The referenced information constantly changes and evolves. Please consult appropriate legal counsel prior to any timeshare-related activities or signing any timeshare documents. Every situation is different, and please consult a legal counsel on your particular situation.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes...ute&URL=0700-0799/0721/Sections/0721.855.html
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes...ng=&URL=0700-0799/0721/Sections/0721.856.html
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0000-0099/0095/0095.html

Operative Language: “If you do not object to the use of the trustee foreclosure procedure, you will not be subject to a deficiency judgment even if the proceeds from the sale of your timeshare interest are insufficient to offset the amounts secured by the lien.”
Operative Language: “WITHIN FIVE YEARS.— (b) A legal or equitable action on a contract, obligation, or liability founded on a written instrument . . . (c) An action to foreclose a mortgage.” Sec. 95-11.
Note: non-objection or inaction likely leads to non-judicial, anti-deficiency treatment; objection may waive non-judicial, anti-deficiency treatment. TS defaults have SOL of five years.