• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need to cancel Worldmark by Wyndham Discovery Program

Posh0682

Reaction score
Please help!!

Ok, so my husband and I got caught up in the time share scheme in order to get a free helicopter ride in Vegas a couple weeks ago. After going back to the hotel, we realized we signed up for a horrible deal, and we really can't afford it right now. I read the contract and followed the rules by sending a letter by mail to the rescission department in order to cancel my contract within the 5 day window. It was postmarked on day 4, certified mail, and now it was returned to me! It never made it to the destination. It says that it is "not deliverable as addressed, unable to forward." The address on the envelope is exactly what was in my contract. I have no idea what to do now to get out of this. Do I have any other options?

Attachments

• 20200915_172154.jpg
    20200915_172154.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 145

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
For clarification: Is the "Discovery Program" you reference in the post title the "rental before buying" trial program? That is, is this a program that does not involve a real-estate transaction and has no ongoing obligation for dues/maintenance fees?

uf_gator_87

TUG Member
Reaction score
This post, #9, has the same POBox but different digit in the zip code. I wouldn't know what to recommend at this point.

Maybe stick the envelope in another envelope, include a letter to show the postmarked date, certify it and mail it. Can't hurt.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Agree with above, when I did a google search I came up with a different zip code (one digit different than that shown in the attachment photo)

P.O. Box 690189
Orlando FL 32869-0189

Posh0682

Reaction score
For clarification: Is the "Discovery Program" you reference in the post title the "rental before buying" trial program? That is, is this a program that does not involve a real-estate transaction and has no ongoing obligation for dues/maintenance fees?
Yes, it is a 2 year trial program. 1 time purchase price and no ongoing fees or maintenance.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
You didn't buy anything to rescind. Sorry you bought something you don't feel able to afford, but really, people do that all the time. That helicopter ride wasn't 'free' after all, so chock it up to 'experience'.

Jim

Posh0682

Reaction score
Agree with above, when I did a google search I came up with a different zip code (one digit different than that shown in the attachment photo)

P.O. Box 690189
Orlando FL 32869-0189

Thats the original zip code I wrote but the post office corrected it to 8.

P.O. Box 690189
Orlando FL 32869-0189

I originally wrote 32689, the post office corrected it to 32868.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would just put that envelope into another envelope and send the whole thing again. They will be able to see that you send in the 5 day window. I don't know if they will process it, but it looks reasonable to me.

As far as what the others are saying that you didn't buy anything to rescind, I don't know anything about that or what you bought. It looks like they gave you an out since you have instructions on how to cancel the purchase. If it's not something that you can cancel (you didn't buy a timeshare, only a vacation), you probably will just be out the money, but I am not familiar with why they would sell you a vacation and give you instructions on how to cancel it if you can't cancel it.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please help!!

Ok, so my husband and I got caught up in the time share scheme in order to get a free helicopter ride in Vegas a couple weeks ago. After going back to the hotel, we realized we signed up for a horrible deal, and we really can't afford it right now. I read the contract and followed the rules by sending a letter by mail to the rescission department in order to cancel my contract within the 5 day window. It was postmarked on day 4, certified mail, and now it was returned to me! It never made it to the destination. It says that it is "not deliverable as addressed, unable to forward." The address on the envelope is exactly what was in my contract. I have no idea what to do now to get out of this. Do I have any other options?
@Grammarhero

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
You may want to send an email to rescissions.wvr@wyn.com and explain the situation. I attached two Wyndham rescission instructions or tried to.

Nice to know that the PO Box in Orlando still being used as a Wyndham rescission address.

Even if you can’t rescind, you simply overpaid by 100 percent. Wyndham points are $6/1k, but the discovery program is $12/1k.

mind sharing how much you’d save with rescission?

Attachments

• F72A8DA9-2059-42B8-8532-EE1E80F65827 (1).jpeg
    F72A8DA9-2059-42B8-8532-EE1E80F65827 (1).jpeg
    110.2 KB · Views: 126
  • 49760458-F0F2-4193-B0D4-34CF1E33F057.jpeg
    49760458-F0F2-4193-B0D4-34CF1E33F057.jpeg
    60.3 KB · Views: 124

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
@ecwinch
P.O. Box 690189
Orlando FL 32869-0189 may still be a correct Wyndham rescission address, apparently.

Posh0682

Reaction score
You may want to send an email to rescissions.wvr@wyn.com and explain the situation. I attached two Wyndham rescission instructions or tried to.

Nice to know that the PO Box in Orlando still being used as a Wyndham rescission address.

Even if you can’t rescind, you simply overpaid by 100 percent. Wyndham points are $6/1k, but the discovery program is $12/1k.

I would save $2000 for 12,000 credits.

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI

Note, that this post is NOT about rescinding Wyndham Points, but Worldmark credits. Two different systems and two different costs.

Posh0682

Reaction score
I would just put that envelope into another envelope and send the whole thing again. They will be able to see that you send in the 5 day window. I don't know if they will process it, but it looks reasonable to me.

As far as what the others are saying that you didn't buy anything to rescind, I don't know anything about that or what you bought. It looks like they gave you an out since you have instructions on how to cancel the purchase. If it's not something that you can cancel (you didn't buy a timeshare, only a vacation), you probably will just be out the money, but I am not familiar with why they would sell you a vacation and give you instructions on how to cancel it if you can't cancel it.
That's what I ended up doing, mailing the original unsealed envelope again. We'll see what happens.

Posh0682

Reaction score
Just a follow up with this post....

I re-sent the original, postmarked, unopened letter to the correct address. It arrived way past the 5 day deadline but they still honored my cancellation request and refunded me my down payment.

Thank you all for your help!

Rubeasta

Reaction score
Just a follow up with this post....

I re-sent the original, postmarked, unopened letter to the correct address. It arrived way past the 5 day deadline but they still honored my cancellation request and refunded me my down payment.

Thank you all for your help!

Hello! Can you confirm the corrected address you sent to? I sent my rescission letter to P.O. Box 690189 Orlando, Florida 32869-0189. Was your experience cancelling smooth after correcting and resending letter? I've tried contacting someone at corporate but no luck. Sent mine in within the 5 days, sent on day 3.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello! Can you confirm the corrected address you sent to? I sent my rescission letter to P.O. Box 690189 Orlando, Florida 32869-0189. Was your experience cancelling smooth after correcting and resending letter? I've tried contacting someone at corporate but no luck. Sent mine in within the 5 days, sent on day 3.

Keep in mind that they do not need to update you on your rescission status, HOWEVER, they do need to act on it. It may take as long as 45 days.

Assuming you sent the letter Certified Mail then you can take your receipt and input the tracking number; that will confirm if in fact if it was delivered to the address which you had it addressed to......

Do think about becoming a member of TUG. Go up to the blue bar and click on "Support TUG".

Rubeasta

Reaction score
Keep in mind that they do not need to update you on your rescission status, HOWEVER, they do need to act on it. It may take as long as 45 days.

Assuming you sent the letter Certified Mail then you can take your receipt and input the tracking number; that will confirm if in fact if it was delivered to the address which you had it addressed to......

Do think about becoming a member of TUG. Go up to the blue bar and click on "Support TUG".

Yes, I've received confirmations the letter was delivered and signed for, do I just assume after the 45 days the contract has been completely rescinded? I will make sure to keep all record of my documentation. Would you say it's worth the effort to email the Rescission department? I found an email on this forum I have also spoken to QA at the sales office I originally purchased the timeshare. He provided me with his email and instructed me to also email him cancellation , which I have done along with the written correspondence that was mailed.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thats the original zip code I wrote but the post office corrected it to 8.

I originally wrote 32689, the post office corrected it to 32868.

On a couple of occasions when the PO has tried to do this to me I have insisted they leave it the way I addressed the letter. Both times it got deliverd just fine...

George