• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need to cancel II Bonus Week. Now what?

Polly Metallic

Official TUG Pool Recruiter
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have never had to cancel a week. This is a bonus week for Oct. 15-22. I can't seem to find a written confirmation with any details, or a notation of whether I have insurance etc. The bonus week shows up online at II but there is nothing to click on to get any additional details. Do I have a chance of getting anything back out of the week when I cancel it? Or is it a total loss and I lose the entire fee for the bonus week?

Avery

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure those weeks are nonrefundable, unless you cancel within a day or two of booking. You might try posting it on the 'Sightings/Distressed' board, maybe a TUGger will trade you something for it.

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
If you call II you can find out if you purchased insurance - I always buy it for the fall in case of hurricanes, but II has never sent me the form which they say is automatically sent. However, they do have the records...as it's not a loss for them, but for the insurance company they work with "Insure America".

I had to cancel a week for labour day week this year and had it insured - not for hurricanes but for a health reason, so I'm in the midst of getting their many forms completed and getting the doctor to fill out the required forms and provide his notes back to 60 days prior to booking the insurance, results of diagnostic tests, etc. - quite detailed in fact and don't think the doc was too pleased. Supposedly, according to II, I'm covered for up to $1000 which will be based on 80% of the rack rate for a 2 bdrm suite at Manor Club for that week. A good test of the II insurance however, and we'll see what they finally cover and whether it's worthwhile buying it in the future.

I don't know if you can get coverage for bonus weeks, but suspect you can as no doubt II gets a commission on all the insurance they sell...but it's probably too late now if you didn't buy when you got the exchange.

Brian

gmarine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bonus weeks are non-refundable and if you cancel you dont get anything unless you bought the insurance within 14 days of booking and cancel for a covered reason.

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
gmarine said:
Bonus weeks are non-refundable and if you cancel you dont get anything unless you bought the insurance within 14 days of booking and cancel for a covered reason.

Just to verify -- "bonus week" in this case means a week booked with an AC?

Polly Metallic

Official TUG Pool Recruiter
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, the week I booked was with an accomodation certificate. Is there anywhere on a website that lists all the acceptable "covered" reasons?

gmarine

TUG Member
Reaction score
The covered reasons only apply if you purchased the insurance. If you did you usually will receive a copy of the policy in the mail.