• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need some help buying a resale from Redweek

Soumak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

First time buyer of timeshare. I'm buying a worldmark timeshare through resale at Redweek. I'm buying 20,000 pts with Award Date of October. The contract that I signed with redweek said that I would reimburse the current owner for Oct 2022 as this was already paid.

here is the exact wording:
Special Instructions: Seller has requested an updated Estoppel. Buyer shall receive the points that will be awarded in October, 2022. Buyer to be responsible for the 2022 maintenance fees and taxes. Seller has paid the 2022 fees and taxes and provided proof of payment. Buyer will reimburse Seller for said 2022 fees in the amount of $1,745.51 at closing.

NOTE: Seller must continue to keep the monthly fees current with WorldMark until the transfer of ownership has been completed. Buyer will reimburse Seller for any 2023 fees paid. Seller must provide proof of payment in order to be reimbursed for the 2023 fees.

however, i got the contract from worldmark and this is what i'm seeing:
1670360959952.png

I'm not understanding why there is a Remaining Balance and the annual billing is 01/01/2023 yet october 2022 and october 2023 is already paid.

Maybe i'm making a big deal about nothing but just want to understand.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
Looks like the seller is asking you to reimburse him/her for all of last year’s maintenance dues and all maintenance dues for this year until the sale closes and the account is transferred to your name

How many credits are currently available without borrowing. I would hope that the 20000 credits from last year are still available since you are being asked to pay for them.

How much is the seller asking in payment other then the reimbursement

Soumak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like the seller is asking you to reimburse him/her for all of last year’s maintenance dues and all maintenance dues for this year until the sale closes and the account is transferred to your name

How many credits are currently available without borrowing. I would hope that the 20000 credits from last year are still available since you are being asked to pay for them.

How much is the seller asking in payment other then the reimbursement
Hey Mark. I paid $4700 + redweek fees + title fees ect for 20000pts awarded in October. Seller is asking for Oct 2022 - Oct 2023 fees and taxes and seller will not use any credits. currently there is nothing due for the principal and 40,000 credits are available (see image below).

I'm thinking I just need to ask Redweek for proof of payment for Oct 2022 - Oct 2023 and verify that did indeed take place and that my next due is Oct 2023.

1670430297593.png

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
Hey Mark. I paid $4700 + redweek fees + title fees ect for 20000pts awarded in October. Seller is asking for Oct 2022 - Oct 2023 fees and taxes and seller will not use any credits. currently there is nothing due for the principal and 40,000 credits are available (see image below).

I'm thinking I just need to ask Redweek for proof of payment for Oct 2022 - Oct 2023 and verify that did indeed take place and that my next due is Oct 2023.

View attachment 69830
According to that document there is nothing overdue so last years Membership Dues must have been paid. It looks like the seller is paying monthly and a payment should have been made on 12/1/2022. As long as you are comfortable with what what you are paying then everything looks good to me. $4700.00 for 20,000 credits seems like a reasonable price for a Redweek sale.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Closing and title fees should not be all that much. What is Redweek charging? This is not the same as a deed.

Soumak

TUG Member
Reaction score
it wasn't too bad. i think
Closing and title fees should not be all that much. What is Redweek charging? This is not the same as a deed.
not too bad. it was around $700
$275 deed closing and transfer
$99 admin fee
$299 resort transfer fee
$25 estoppel fee

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
You will be paying the monthly fee to Worldmark. Tell the seller that you will take the monthly MF once account is in your name.

I never see buyer paying MF to seller in advance unless the seller has prepaid in advance.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
You will be paying the monthly fee to Worldmark. Tell the seller that you will take the monthly MF once account is in your name.

I never see buyer paying MF to seller in advance unless the seller has prepaid in advance.
My understanding of the sales contract the buyer is getting 20,000 credits that the seller received on 10/1/21 that will expire on 10/31/23. These have been fully paid for by the seller and the seller is asking the buyer to reimburse last year membership dues since the buyer will get use of those credits. I suppose the seller could have just raised the price and included the credits. I have seen fully loaded contracts sell for $.40 a credit all in. Which in this case would be $8000.00

Last edited:
Reaction score

hello, I need also some information regarding buying a resale form Red-week or should I another platform.​

Soumak

TUG Member
Reaction score

hello, I need also some information regarding buying a resale form Red-week or should I another platform.​

Redweek is fine. its my first time buying so i'm just new to all the terminology and payments dates/times. just don't make assumptions and ask questions and you will be fine.