• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need RCI recommendations for Newport, RI ,

nerodog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi all, have never used a TS in Newport. Looking for a 1 or 2BR., October. Any recommendations? Thx! :)

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have always thought of Newport, RI as one of the best kept timeshare secrets. We have gone on quite a few "stay-cations" there being local. Personally, I like leaving my car a tthe resort and walking this area because on the street public parking can be hard to find or costly in paid lots. In October, it won't be so bad though. Newport is also a great starting point for day trips to many Southern New England options.

Any of the Wyndams are great as they all have central location. I prefer Onshore or Long Wharf though because of the full kitchen option.

I have never stayed at OceanCliff because the location is a bit off the main drag and you need a car.

beejaybeeohio

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
#4062 Club Wyndham Long Wharf!
We had a two-bedroom there that abutted the curved facade of the building. Note that this is not the high-rise with a similar name.
There is so much to do in Newport. It was one of our favorite timeshare stays. Mansions, Lobster, the Coastal Walk.....
Hope an exchange comes through for you!

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
#4062 Club Wyndham Long Wharf!

We had a two-bedroom there that abutted the curved facade of the building. Note that this is not the high-rise with a similar name.

There is so much to do in Newport. It was one of our favorite timeshare stays. Mansions, Lobster, the Coastal Walk.....

Hope an exchange comes through for you!

Thanks a bunch. I hope so too as I'd like to invite friends to enjoy all the sights. We have visited many times in past but never a TS.

mish

TUG Member
Reaction score
I grew up in Newport and have stayed at both the

Club Wyndham Long Wharf (1 BR)​

And Inn at Long Wharf. (2BR full kitchen).
They are right across the street from each other. The Wyndham Long Wharf does not have a pool but you have access to the Inn at Long Wharf pool. Also you check in at that resort. Parking is limited but it should be no problem in October. Weather can be cool and breezy because you are on the water. Great seafood places and try Bella’s on the wharf for breakfast. Scales for great raw bar and seafood.

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
We loved the Wyndham in Jamestown a few years ago. It has a lot of character (i.e. old and quirky) but the view from our room was amazing.

I've never seen it available again for the week we pass through there, but would gladly go back.

Sheila

Myrtle

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi all, have never used a TS in Newport. Looking for a 1 or 2BR., October. Any recommendations? Thx! :)
I have been going to Newport and staying in Wyndham's twice a year for 20 years. Long Wharf has many units and the two bedrooms and up are very spacious. Same with Wyndham OnShore. the units have a central common space with bedrooms on either side both with on suite or adjacent bathrooms. Have to say that the pool area at Long Wharf is getting a bit worn out and actually a bit smelly. I did use the hot tub when there mid week without any company but when I see a group of young children in the hot tub I skip that option. October and May are my favorite times to visit and have always been able to get a reservation if I'm a little flexible on dates even though I'm not an owner in Newport at any Wyndham. I like the Inn on the Harbor in the winter. Its location is good for walking and the rooms are nicely kept up. I have gotten 3 BR units at Christmas time and also around Halloween at Long Wharf. Have not stayed in the 1 bedrooms at LongWharf but have toured them. The views from any room there is going to be wonderful as they all look out over the busy harbor with lots of boats and activity that is fun to watch.

regatta333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Long Wharf, Wyndham points, Vistana Westin Kierland
The Wyndham Long Wharf does not have a pool but you have access to the Inn at Long Wharf pool.
Actually, it is the reverse. Wyndham Long Wharf has the pool, which is available for use by the guests at Inn at Long Wharf.

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all.. I've put in an ongoing search for October... cross my fingers!