• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need Presidential Owner Help

happyhopian

Reaction score
If there is a presidential owner on here willing to help me with a small, quick research project I would appreciate it. Would you shoot me a message please. I'm trying to book a presidential only resort we've stayed at for years and its completely booked 10 months out. I'm plat VIP and not Presidential so I wanted to see if a pres owner would mind looking up the dates to see inventory. The lying sales people always say Presidential owners see more inventory. This would be my way of actually confirming or disproving such. If you're interested in my 60 second research project shoot me a message. Thanks!

erniecrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve Desert Blue
Wyndham Presidential Reserve Smugglers Notch
Hilton Las Vegas
If there is a presidential owner on here willing to help me with a small, quick research project I would appreciate it. Would you shoot me a message please. I'm trying to book a presidential only resort we've stayed at for years and its completely booked 10 months out. I'm plat VIP and not Presidential so I wanted to see if a pres owner would mind looking up the dates to see inventory. The lying sales people always say Presidential owners see more inventory. This would be my way of actually confirming or disproving such. If you're interested in my 60 second research project shoot me a message. Thanks!
. Did you get what you were asking for?

learnalot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Presidential Reserve owners will see PR inventory in addition to all the regular inventory. They have ARP access at their home resort from 14 months to 12 months. From 12 months to 10 months, they have access to the other PR inventory. From 10 months, 75% of PR inventory is held in reserve for PR owners until 30 days out.

I'm curious what you think you could prove with this experiment. If a PR owner checks and they see additional inventory, that would just mean that the system is behaving as expected. If they check and don't see any additional inventory, that doesn't necessarily prove anything - it could just all be booked.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
One thing they could have determined is if it was an entire block of inventory that was simply offline, if the PR owner also didn’t see any availability at 10 months (one would expect a scattered night here or there if it was simply a sellout situation). But it doesn’t sound like that’s what they were trying to figure out.

happyhopian

Reaction score
Presidential Reserve owners will see PR inventory in addition to all the regular inventory. They have ARP access at their home resort from 14 months to 12 months. From 12 months to 10 months, they have access to the other PR inventory. From 10 months, 75% of PR inventory is held in reserve for PR owners until 30 days out.

I'm curious what you think you could prove with this experiment. If a PR owner checks and they see additional inventory, that would just mean that the system is behaving as expected. If they check and don't see any additional inventory, that doesn't necessarily prove anything - it could just all be booked.

"From 10 months, 75% of PR inventory is held in reserve for PR owners until 30 days out." This is the issue. Owner care in three calls have given three different answers and I cannot find this in the director. Can anyone actually cite the page where this is found? I've bene told 25% I've been told 10 months and I've been told 75% at 12 months and iterations of each. Can anyone tell me where it would be found.

r4rab

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA Margaritaville(USVI)
Pages 302-305 of the current directory (2021/2022) deal with PR. The Preferred Reserve Period for PR Suites is defined on 304 as from 10 months to 1 month prior to check-in date, up to 75% of available PR suites may be held... Page 303 uses this definition and speaks to PR availability. I'm not PR so I've only just skimmed these...

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
It's also on the website here: https://clubwyndham.wyndhamdestinat...e/resources/club-wyndham-presidential-reserve
"Up to 75% of unreserved Presidential Reserve suites will be held for Club Wyndham Presidential Reserve members to access, 10 to one month(s) prior to your check-in date."

PR owners also have home resort access to PR inventory from 14-12 months and PR inventory at all PR resorts from 12-10 months. Non-PR owners don't have access until 10 months. It's all in the directory and on the website.

happyhopian

Reaction score
Thank you. I did not have access to the most current directory and this was very helpful Sarah. At least I can now argue with the owner care team who couldn't get me the same answer.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
As others have said - running online comparisons of search results gives mixed results dependent upon the actual availability of certain inventory at any one moment in time. @Richelle and I have never run search comparisons for PR since neither of us are PR owners - but at one point in time she held a MVC contract, and supposedly MVC holds back inventory in a similar manner to PR inventory - and IIRC we were never able to "see" different search results - meaning she wasn't able to see more/different available inventory at MVC St. Thomas and/or MVC Rio Mar than I could see using the same search criteria. I think in one instance she actually saw something different than I did IIRC. This just proves what others have already said here - that whether or not you see any different results is really dependent upon what inventory has already been reserved, i.e. factors that none of us can see from the back end databases that the system uses to display search results.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
she held a MVC contract

Everytime I see that, I think someone is talking about Marriott. Since it's Margaritaville Vacation Club by Wyndham, maybe we could call it MVCbW...?