• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need Ko Olina help

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
TUGgers,

Does anybody know the Hale Kona building well, or is anybody at Ko Olina now, or will be at Ko Olina in the next few weeks?

I'd love to know how the room numbers layout in the Hale Kona building. I believe the even numbers are the numbers that face the pool area and the odd numbers face away from the pool, but I don't know if it starts at Room 1 close to the ocean, or farthest from the Ocean.

I'm puzzled because I thought for sure I was in room 6016 in 2010, which was an Ocean View studio, but looking at the site map, I can't figure out why that wasn't a Mountain View room if the room numbers lay out the way I expect.

Any detail from on-site TUGgers, or TUGgers who know the Hale Kona building well would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Greg

larue

TUG Member
Reaction score
TUGgers,

Does anybody know the Hale Kona building well, or is anybody at Ko Olina now, or will be at Ko Olina in the next few weeks?

I'd love to know how the room numbers layout in the Hale Kona building. I believe the even numbers are the numbers that face the pool area and the odd numbers face away from the pool, but I don't know if it starts at Room 1 close to the ocean, or farthest from the Ocean.

I'm puzzled because I thought for sure I was in room 6016 in 2010, which was an Ocean View studio, but looking at the site map, I can't figure out why that wasn't a Mountain View room if the room numbers lay out the way I expect.

Any detail from on-site TUGgers, or TUGgers who know the Hale Kona building well would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Greg

Hi Greg. We just got back from Ko Olina, though we did not stay in Hale Kona. When we have stayed before, I have noticed that the line between ocean view and mountain view is blurred in that building. We have a mountain view on one of our weeks but have been assigned units in Hale Kona in the past that have faced to the south with a partial ocean view. The layout of Hale Kona is such that there is a very narrow ocean front line of units immediately over the lobby facing west looking down on the great lawn. In that entire wing, however, you get at least a partial ocean view regardless of which side you are on, either facing to the north looking on the Ihilani and Aulani or to the south looking over the harbor (which is where we have been assigned when occupying our mountain view in the past).

By the way, we did stay in Hale Naia this time and odd units are ocean view and even are mountain view (but the mountain view units in Naia also have partial ocean views of the Harbor as well).

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Hi Greg. We just got back from Ko Olina, though we did not stay in Hale Kona. When we have stayed before, I have noticed that the line between ocean view and mountain view is blurred in that building. We have a mountain view on one of our weeks but have been assigned units in Hale Kona in the past that have faced to the south with a partial ocean view. The layout of Hale Kona is such that there is a very narrow ocean front line of units immediately over the lobby facing west looking down on the great lawn. In that entire wing, however, you get at least a partial ocean view regardless of which side you are on, either facing to the north looking on the Ihilani and Aulani or to the south looking over the harbor (which is where we have been assigned when occupying our mountain view in the past).

By the way, we did stay in Hale Naia this time and odd units are ocean view and even are mountain view (but the mountain view units in Naia also have partial ocean views of the Harbor as well).

Thank you for the information -- this is exactly what is puzzling me on the Hale Kona building.

Separately, can you confirm the Hale Naia comment about odd units being Ocean View? I've double-checked with the Trust filing and in it the Makai units are the even ones, and Mauka are the odd room numbers. Isn't Makai the ocean view? This will be really bizarre if the ocean view rooms are indeed the odd units, as opposed to whats in the Trust filing. Thanks very much!

Best,

Greg

larue

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the information -- this is exactly what is puzzling me on the Hale Kona building.

Separately, can you confirm the Hale Naia comment about odd units being Ocean View? I've double-checked with the Trust filing and in it the Makai units are the even ones, and Mauka are the odd room numbers. Isn't Makai the ocean view? This will be really bizarre if the ocean view rooms are indeed the odd units, as opposed to whats in the Trust filing. Thanks very much!

Best,

Greg

It may be the numbering system on the deeds is different than on the rooms. We stayed two weeks at Ko Olina, the first in 30-340 (single entry mountain view with parking lot view :mad: and the second week in 30-921/923 (three bedroom lockout ocean view). The 30 denotes the Naia tower and the room number is the room with the first digit denoting the floor on which the room is located. By the way, we had to come home early and friends are still having fun in our three bedroom until Friday. I can probably get some pics of the view, which was very good and the room location was basically the first ocean view room in the completed wing, closest to the juncture of the two wings by the elevator.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It may be the numbering system on the deeds is different than on the rooms. We stayed two weeks at Ko Olina, the first in 30-340 (single entry mountain view with parking lot view :mad: and the second week in 30-921/923 (three bedroom lockout ocean view). The 30 denotes the Naia tower and the room number is the room with the first digit denoting the floor on which the room is located. By the way, we had to come home early and friends are still having fun in our three bedroom until Friday. I can probably get some pics of the view, which was very good and the room location was basically the first ocean view room in the completed wing, closest to the juncture of the two wings by the elevator.

That's interesting --- I thought there was a correlation between the unit code on the deed and the room number. Drat.

In the Trust filings, the 3BR's in Hale Naia are 4918C18, for Week 18. The Trust fully loaded the 3BR's in Hale Naia for the 4th, 7th, 8th and 9th floors.

Bummer, I don't think I can correlate the room numbers to the Trust filings then.....

Thx though!!

dualrated2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina, Waiohai, Grand Chateau, Desert Springs Villas, Willow Ridge
Greg,

We were there last month on an exchange and were in 10613 and 10615 in the Hale Kona. The rooms were almost to the end of the hall towards the ocean on the 6th floor and faced the pool area (north). We were supposed to be in an Island/Mountain View Villa but it had a very nice ocean view and I'm not sure just what the correct coding for it was/is.

Bill

calberry

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Timber Lodge, Lake Tahoe (2 weeks)
Marriott Ko Olina, Oahu, Hi. EOY
UVC, Villa del Arco, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.EOY
After reading all the above I went to our Ko Olina folder to see what I had to share. The sheet that I have (got it during our last stay) shows what units (all 3 towers) are MV or OV, but it is just a room by room overhead layout and does not show room numbers...not sure why!?! (I think the answer to that is that the numbering is NOT consistent from floor to floor).

On the longest floors, Hale Kona has 7 2BR units that overlook the pool, and of course then 7 on the other side of the hallway that do NOT overlook the pool. From the elevators, the two 2BR units closest to the Hale Moana that overlook the pool are OV, and the two opposite them are MV.

Going from the elevators heading toward the lagoon, the two 2BR on either side of the hall are each MV, and the remaining 3 on each side are OV.

Clear as mud?

Steve