• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need information on Voyager Beach Club, Treasure Island

McKShr6

TUG Member
Reaction score
I won an E-Bay auction for a 1 bedroom Week 5 every year at Voyager Beach Club for $99. Does anyone know if there are any special assessments at this resort or have you stayed there recently and could tell me a bit about the condition of the resort? Any experience with Liberte Management? I realize I should have done due diligence before bidding, but I just noticed this auction a few minutes before it was over. I will probably follow through with the sale anyway, but I am a bit apprehensive because no-one else bid on the auction. Am I missing something?
I plan to use it every year myself, we spend Feb and March in Florida and we are bored with Orlando, Daytona , and Weston. I love the beach and this is on the fifth floor so the view should be great. Also, all my other timeshares are in RCI and this timeshare would allow me to belong to II and I could see their Last Calls (or whatever it is called in II). I don't mind that it is only a 1 bedroom because most of the time there are only 2 of us travelling.
We are in Wells,Me this week and the weather is great.
Please give me advice. This is the first time I have impulsively bid on a timeshare on E-Bay. I think I am addicted.
Sharon

london

TUG Member
Reaction score
Voyager

We own at the Jamaican on the Gulf, which is just down the street from the Voyager. We have a week 5 there.

The Voyager is a well kept resort, with a great location. The units are smaller with a small kitchen area.

I saw the week on Ebay and was tempted to bid on it. Week 5 is high demand in Florida and on the west coast is a plus.

You will not be disappointed. They just opened a Residence Inn next door that charges 200 to 300 per night in high season.

You bought it for a song. Cannot go wrong.

McKShr6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply London. I feel better about the deal, I was just surprised that no-one else bid on that auction.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Check the paperwork...

Thanks for your reply London. I feel better about the deal, I was just surprised that no-one else bid on that auction.

Sounds like a good deal (although the maintenance fee amount is unspecified in your original post).

My only words of caution are to strongly recommend that you verify, verify, verify ALL auction details. eBay listings are notorious for factual errors --- floating weeks mislabeled as fixed, EOY mislabeled as annual use, etc., etc., etc. All that cutting and pasting from one ad to another by the mega sellers inevitably creates occasional factual content errors.

Make certain that you see some paperwork clearly indicating that what you THINK you're buying is exactly the same as what the paperwork actually says. A fixed week 5 in coastal SW FL for $99 certainly warrants some further inquiry and verification. Good luck, enjoy.

McKShr6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the warning Theo. The maintenance fee was quoted as $388 per year. I don't know if that includes property taxes. Since this is my first purchase on E-Bay I will certainly verify all the facts before I sign the contract and send in the the money. I bought it on impulse, and now it is a holiday weekend, but I will call the management company at Voyager on Tuesday to verify the maintenance fee amount, and that there are no monies owing on that unit (I have the number of the unit I bid on ).
I don't plan to follow through on the deal if it isn't at least a 1 bedroom, ocean view, every year and most important a fixed week 5.
I have been looking for fixed weeks 5 to 11 in South Florida on the beach for quite some time. They don't come up very often on E-Bay. I shouldn't get negative feedback from the seller if there are mistakes in his ad.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please let us know how it turns out when all the dust settles.
It's either a great deal or (still another) eBay seller screw-up...

ttt

TUG Member
Reaction score
The 1 bedroom units are small, might be considered a studio at many resorts. The lower the unit number, the closer you are to the beach. the XX01 units are closest, XX07 off the beach. All units have an some Ocean View, but most don't have Ocean Front views. Maint. fees are corrrect at $388. I just sold my week 5 for $550. on bidshares.com

McKShr6

TUG Member
Reaction score
I planned to update TUG once I get the paperwork and it closes.
The unit I won was unit 5503. Does that mean fifth floor? I guess 03 would be fairly close to the beach. Ttt thanks for confirming that the maintenance fees are correct at $388. Are property taxes extra?
Even if the unit is small I will be happy with week 5 on the beach with a partial ocean view.

McKShr6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to send an update on my E-Bay sale, everything went smoothly, Title Outlet were very helpful, I did get Week 5 in condo 5503 every year usage. The only question that I have is - I received a General Warranty Deed, since this is my first E-Bay purchase I'm not sure if that type of deed is acceptable.
Anyway, we're planning to stay there for our week in 2009. It will be exciting to stay in our own unit, our other timeshares we use RCI Points and exchange. This one we plan to use ourselves every winter. I like the idea of buying to use, rather than exchanging. It is a nuisance waiting for the right exchange and paying the fees. It is so difficult to exchange into the areas in Florida that we like in Feb and March. Most of the availability is for Orlando, Daytona, and the Panhandle.
I just have to stay off E-Bay , it is so tempting to buy with the low prices right now.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
The only question that I have is - I received a General Warranty Deed, since this is my first E-Bay purchase I'm not sure if that type of deed is acceptable.

Warranty deed is pretty much standard procedure. You need only have become potentially concerned if it was instead just a "Quit Claim" deed.

That said, however, your post doesn't actually specify that the deed which you've received has actually been officially recorded (County records book and page number, recording date, record number, etc, reflected at the top of each page). I'm assuming yes, but "assuming" can be risky. I am raising the question only because week 5 is now not all that far off --- and you want to be very certain that the resort properly reflects the change in ownership before your arrival. "Who???" is not exactly the first question you want to hear upon giving your name upon arrival and check-in. It might be worth a phone call to the resort (and / or mail the resort a copy of the recorded deed). The closing company should already have done this for you, but some of the eBay closing entities are a bit (often more than a bit) sloppy and are often inattentive to all the "start to finish" details.

Then again, "tis' the season" (i.e., for annual maintenance fee bills).
You may well by now have already received the 2009 bill from your resort, which would in and of itself indicate that they already now have you "on the books and on the hooks". ;) Enjoy, fellow Maritimer...

Last edited:

McKShr6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the warning Theo. Actually at the top of each page it does have the #, page that it was recorded in the book , date recorded by Clerk of Court Pinellas County, Fl. etc. Also, thanks for the information about General Warranty Deed. I learned on TUG that a Quit Claim Deed wasn't as good. Because of all the reading I have done on TUG I wasn't afraid to buy on E-Bay. It sure beats developer prices. Yes, our first timeshare was bought from a developer, we regret that now, but have enjoyed many nice vacations in the past 4 years.