• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need help with Welk rescission letter

llauryn

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My partner and I also bought a timeshare from Welk Resort in Escondido yesterday, after spending 5.5hrs with a saleman who made the offer sound really amazing. But upon heading back home, we began looking at their timeshare reviews and saw all the complications others have had with Welk. We too are in the midst of writing a rescission letter, but I was having trouble finding the template.

Also does anyone who has bought from Welk, know where I can find the cancelation option stated in the contract? I can't seem to find it anywhere in the contract I have.

If anyone could please post it on here or link me to the page that it’s on, it would be a great help!

Thank you!

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
The cancellation (rescind) procedure has to be in there somewhere. Often it is at the back, near the signature pages. There will be instructions on where to send the letter (no need for legal help). You don't need a template, no need to get fancy, the letter can even be handwritten. Just state that you are exercising your legal right to rescind the purchase of XXX (size &/or unit #) at Welk Resort in Escondido made on XX/XX/2019. If both of you signed for it then both need to sign the letter. It would be wise to include a photocopy of the signature page for their reference. You can also state in the letter that any promotional materials (if you got any) will be returned by separate (the cheapest possible) post. Send it the way they ask (usually by mail, not currier) to the address listed.

Do not, under any circumstance, re-visit the sales office or phone there. All that will accomplish will be to give them a chance to talk you out of rescinding or sell you even more.

Hopefully others here will chime in with more exact instructions pertaining to Welk, as I am not an owner there. Good Luck and congratulations in fining TUG and saving yourself a bundle.

~Diane

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Diane gave good info. A simple letter that expresses that you are exercising your right of rescission will do fine

We suggest you send it USPS Certified (on Monday) w/return receipt so you will know when itsi delivered, even though it is the date you mail it that counts.

Sorry you wasted a day of vacation being messed with by the sales staff, but we are glad you found TUG.

Jim

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to TUG!

glad you found us in time to save thousands!

AAyala

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My partner and I also bought a timeshare from Welk Resort in Escondido yesterday, after spending 5.5hrs with a saleman who made the offer sound really amazing. But upon heading back home, we began looking at their timeshare reviews and saw all the complications others have had with Welk. We too are in the midst of writing a rescission letter, but I was having trouble finding the template.

Also does anyone who has bought from Welk, know where I can find the cancelation option stated in the contract? I can't seem to find it anywhere in the contract I have.

If anyone could please post it on here or link me to the page that it’s on, it would be a great help!

Thank you!

Did you find specific instructions on how to send the rescinding letter. We just signed up yesterday. After looking more into it we dont believe this is a good match for us.

AAyala

Reaction score
We went yesterday and told them that we liked some of the things they had to offer but wanted to do some research and after them pushing and giving us incentives we caved. I had today to look at reviews and it appears to be something that is not going to benefit us. I looked at the information they gave us and there is a Notice of cCancellation Rights but bo instructions on how to mail or fed ex etc like I have seen in other post..Please someone help and thank you in advance

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
We went yesterday and told them that we liked some of the things they had to offer but wanted to do some research and after them pushing and giving us incentives we caved. I had today to look at reviews and it appears to be something that is not going to benefit us. I looked at the information they gave us and there is a Notice of cCancellation Rights but bo instructions on how to mail or fed ex etc like I have seen in other post..Please someone help and thank you in advance

Just follow the notice of cancellation rights. Have both you and your SO sign the rescission letter. Mail certified via USPS unless specified otherwise. Where did you buy, and what was the price of the TS?

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We bought in Escondido 120,000 points for $15,888
If you can upload the cancellation instructions blacking out all personal info, we can better help you. Most important part is finding right address, having both you and your SO sign, have contract number in letter, and sending certified.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We bought in Escondido 120,000 points for $15,888
If CA, you have seven (7) days to cancel. But you don’t want to wait. Here is a boilerplate.

Today's Date: xx/xx/xxxx
Names on contract: (wife and/or husband)
Contract Number: xxxxxxx
Date of Purchase: xx/xx/xxxx

Subject: Cancellation letter for timeshare contract number: xxxxxxx

Dear sir/madam

This letter is to inform you of my intention to cancel the timeshare contract number: xxxxxxx which was purchased on xx/xx/xxxx by (the exact name(s) written on the timeshare contract) in accordance with the laws of the state of (state where timeshare was purchased). I request a full refund of my deposit of (amount of deposit) and the cancellation of any future deposits found in the contract. The $xx,xxx in timeshare financing we requested should also immediately be cancelled. Please do not make any additional charges to my (debit card/credit card) or any future payments. Please confirm that you have received this legal timeshare contract number: xxxxxxx rescission in writing.

Sincerely,

Signature

Date of signature

Yoron

Reaction score
We are submitting our paperwork to cancel today.

California law requires a 7-day period to cancel; and it was the last paragraph in our contract (which she did not read out loud/summarize—unlike every other sections). In addition, California law requires the first page of the Public Report be a statement of the purchaser’s ability to cancel within 7 days of signing or receiving the Public Report (whichever is later). This is probably why they wanted to give us a USB key with the Public Report on it, instead of hard copy (we asked for both). The Public Report was placed behind a bunch of other paperwork and sealed in an envelope.

I typed a letter using examples here, then copied the first page of the Public Report (which includes signature blocks to cancel, but no contract number); the first and last page of our contract; the first page of our loan document; and the credit card receipt for the down payment. Faxed them today digitally with a return receipt. Will utilize other methods tomorrow for additional confirmation of receipt.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
We are submitting our paperwork to cancel today.

California law requires a 7-day period to cancel; and it was the last paragraph in our contract (which she did not read out loud/summarize—unlike every other sections). In addition, California law requires the first page of the Public Report be a statement of the purchaser’s ability to cancel within 7 days of signing or receiving the Public Report (whichever is later). This is probably why they wanted to give us a USB key with the Public Report on it, instead of hard copy (we asked for both). The Public Report was placed behind a bunch of other paperwork and sealed in an envelope.

I typed a letter using examples here, then copied the first page of the Public Report (which includes signature blocks to cancel, but no contract number); the first and last page of our contract; the first page of our loan document; and the credit card receipt for the down payment. Faxed them today digitally with a return receipt. Will utilize other methods tomorrow for additional confirmation of receipt.
Awesome congrats! How much was your contract for?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
we keep track of the money saved if you wish to share the amount of the contract you rescinded!

rollerone

Reaction score
Did you find specific instructions on how to send the rescinding letter. We just signed up yesterday. After looking more into it we dont believe this is a good match for us.
I just signed up yesterday not I'm panicking an want out after what I read at home at my pace and not told to initial here here and here they gave me no time

rollerone

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Thank you!
I did the same yesterday now after sitting at home reading the paperwork I would like to cancel...please someone help how do I start

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just signed up yesterday not I'm panicking an want out after what I read at home at my pace and not told to initial here here and here they gave me no time
Just follow the instructions in your packet or if you feel you need a template, there is a good one in post #10 of this thread. Send it to the address they will have provided by USPS Certified so that you have proof of delivery and a receipt that you sent the letter.

Welcome to TUG!

Jim

rollerone

Reaction score
Just follow the instructions in your packet or if you feel you need a template, there is a good one in post #10 of this thread. Send it to the address they will have provided by USPS Certified so that you have proof of delivery and a receipt that you sent the letter.

Welcome to TUG!

Jim
Oh my God I just read one of your replies and was hoping on contacting you on how to start the letter.