• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need help with rescinding a timeshare at Grandview

dumbydee

TUG Member
Reaction score
The only thing in my paperwork is the revocation form. Is that all I send in the certified letter to the Eldorado Corporation?

When do I send back the material they gave me?

Help I need to do this ASAP.

rgong

TUG Member
Reaction score
The only thing in my paperwork is the revocation form. Is that all I send in the certified letter to the Eldorado Corporation?

When do I send back the material they gave me?

Help I need to do this ASAP.

While I don't know the specifics of the timeshare you purchased or Eldorado Corp., there should be language in your purchase agreement about how to rescind (usually buried in the middle of the agreement) and the time window for rescission. In addition to the form, I would include a cover letter according to the instructions provided by Denise the moderator in this article. Send the rescission form and the cover letter back to the timeshare company via certified mail so you can prove when it entered the US mail system. Good luck!

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Follow the procedure EXACTLY as stated in your paperwork. If it says "Certified Mail" use ti - not priority or UPS only what it says. If you follow those steps you shaould have no problems.

Good decision to rescind as 99% of the time a Developer purchase is NOT a good value/deal.

prickler

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's been over a year since I rescinded my grandview purchase, so I don't remember all the specific details. The following link is where I received all my information that I used to successfully rescind. Truly a wealth of information!! Make sure you send out the papers ASAP.

http://www.timeshareforums.com/forums/horror-stories-bad-experiences-timeshares/87465-how-rescind-berkley-group-grandview.html

I never sent any of the materials back, nor did they ask for it, but always follow up with phone calls and paper trails. If you still want a grandview they go for as low as $1 on ebay.

dumbydee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I sent the revocation form and cover letter in certified mail yesterday. I will follow with a phone call in a few days. I ask for return mail receipt so I will know when they get it.

I sent it to the Florida address as well as the Las Vegas address.

After getting home and researching I found this site and looked on E-bay and realized we could get the same deal for less than $1000.00. I knew better going in not sure what happened to my brain.

I am researching on here and trying to figure out the point versus week system.

We like Disney in Orlando and Vegas so not sure where to buy. We live in Alabama so Destin is also an option. I have lots of questions so will go to the other part of the board and post them.

ArthurN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Count yourself as one of the lucky ones!!! There are many of us on here who found this resource a little too late - but are thankful that it exists nonetheless.
Now take your time, do a lot of research, and jump into the timesharing on your own terms.

Last edited: