• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need help with RCI combining deposits strategy

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim) NEW: 2 Lawa'i Beach Resort!
Due to COVID, my husband's stroke and open-heart surgery in the last 2 years, and the demise of Kauai Beach Villas, I have a lot of of RCI Deposits, that I don't want to lose. I don't mind paying for an extension, I'm just not sure what the best strategy is:

In July 2024, I have these deposits expiring: 42, 42, & 37 TPU.

In Jan. 2025 I have these deposits expiring: 1 TPU, 1 TPU, 1 TPU, 12 TPU

In Dec. 2025, I have these deposits expiring: 35, 35, 32, 32 TPU.

In Mar. 2026, I have these deposits expiring: 36, 36, 36, 36 TPU.

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Its likely more dependent upon how many searches or booking you are going to want to have ongoing at the same time. Each booking requires a relationship number.
If you only do 1 at time, then only combine 1 or 2 of the years in the month the first lot is going to expire. In your case, July. Pros it is only 1 fee, cons you loose out on 5 months of jan 2025 if you combine. But the price is 1 fee, which depends on if you extend for either 1 year or 2 years.

Better figure out how you might want to use them first, that might dictate how you extend them.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim) NEW: 2 Lawa'i Beach Resort!
I edited my post - I also have 3 x 1 TPU for Jan. 2025. Would it be a better (more flexible) strategy to combine July 2024 with them for 2 years?

At this point, I'm not sure what I'm doing with exchanges, except for Cape Cod in the fall of 2025, and I'm having trouble deciding on a resort.
And Kingsland for 2-3 weeks at some time - maybe 2025 as well.
I'm also interested in Hyatt High Sierra exchanges - flexible, because it's a close drive-to location for us.

* It looks like Kauai Beach Villas will close before 2025, so I won't be accumulating additional deposits going forward.

Last edited:

djyamyam

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Due to COVID, my husband's stroke and open-heart surgery in the last 2 years, and the demise of Kauai Beach Villas, I have a lot of of RCI Deposits, that I don't want to lose. I don't mind paying for an extension, I'm just not sure what the best strategy is:

In July 2024, I have these deposits expiring: 42, 42, & 37 TPU.

In Jan. 2025 I have these deposits expiring: 1 TPU, 1 TPU, 1 TPU, 12 TPU

In Dec. 2025, I have these deposits expiring: 35, 35, 32, 32 TPU.

In Mar. 2026, I have these deposits expiring: 36, 36, 36, 36 TPU.
I edited my post - I also have 3 x 1 TPU for Jan. 2025. Would it be a better (more flexible) strategy to combine July 2024 with them for 2 years?

At this point, I'm not sure what I'm doing with exchanges, except for Cape Cod in the fall of 2025, and I'm having trouble deciding on a resort.
And Kingsland for 2-3 weeks at some time - maybe 2025 as well.
I'm also interested in Hyatt HIgh Sierra exchanges - flexible, because it's a close drive-to location for us.
I would combine your Jul 2024 and Jan 2025 deposits into one super deposit of 137 TPUs for 2 years. The fee for the addional 2 years vs 1 year combo is worth it, especially if you're not going to do a lot of exchanges for the balance of this year.

Since you're thinking of doing Kingsland for multiple weeks, you'll likely need a super deposit or at least deposits worth more than your current 32-36 later expiring deposits. If I remember correctly, the HGVC big island resorts require from 42-55 TPUs

You can use your Dec 2025/Mar 2026 deposits for that mid-tier TPU exchanges

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
In 2012 I passed on all my timeshares, and I very carefully combined and took vacations until 2018 or 19 when I jumped back in. I always left something to combine and got five or six years off it. Had to deposit the new timeshare in 2020 and 2022, so now I have a big deposit, already combined it and just paid to extend it if I find anything.

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I agree with @djyamyam

Combine july '24 and Jan '25 at least. Combining for 2 years. This give you enough coverage for dates, you could later combine those with the Dec '25 date expiration, or make an additional combination.

If you are unsure when or IF you are booking 2025, then you have enough points for whatever booking, without loosing too much time in the combination then combine for 2 years. If you try for multiple HGVC exchanges, HGVC usually bulk deposits all of those at the same time, (but haven't they already deposited 2025 weeks? Traditionally they have been depositing those in Apr and May of the year prior.) But if they are available, only have one combined deposit is likely needed, you can book a unit, get the remainder of the points in an new combined deposit, and book the second unit. You are likely not going to need ongoing searches to match up with bulk deposits. So have one big block of 136 points is fine, and is likely enough for 2 HGVC KL exchanges, but I doubt it will make it for 3.

Last edited:

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
It looks like Kauai Beach Villas will close before 2025, so I won't be accumulating additional deposits going forward.
As an aside, my reading of the FAQ for owners is that there is at least a decent chance that they will operate in '25. So you may have one more year. My own assessment is about 50/50, because even if we vote to terminate (which seems likely) it will take a while to unwind everything. One of us is planning a week there in summer of '25, but we have a backup plan in mind.