• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need help with iPod purchase

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Younger dd is asking for an iPod for Christmas. She currently has an MP3 player that is going belly up. The models she has mentioned wanting are the Classic or the Touch. These seem to be the most expensive models......of course. :rolleyes: Anyone have any experience with either of them? Any recommendations, especially where to look to find one "cheaper"?

ctreelmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just went through this. DD's iPod video is on its last legs and she's asking for a new one for Christmas. Of course, the video isn't offered anymore, so she's asking for the iTouch. Frankly, I think the Classic offers more bang for the buck as it hold lots more songs and videos, but I caved and on the advice of the clerk in Radio Shack, bought the iTouch, which does have a bigger screen. If you buy the iTouch though, be aware they told me it's not quite as durable as the Classic, so a plastic/rubber case is important.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Thanks. I've been trying to do some research and found a site that does a side-by-side comparison. I was trying to figure out how the Touch, which has less memory, costs more.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Thanks. I've been trying to do some research and found a site that does a side-by-side comparison. I was trying to figure out how the Touch, which has less memory, costs more.

I believe the touch is basicly an iPhone without the phone capabilities. It has the wifi capabilities that the clasic doesn't and has the new "cool" factor. There is a price to be paid for that. :D

Lawlar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Love My IPOD Touch

The IPOD Touch really is a good choice. It is really easy to use (I'm not that good with computers). Much improved over the original IPOD that didn't have the touch screen.

My grandkid was able to operate it the minute I handed it to him. When we flew to Maui last year we watched a movie on it together. I read the NY Times at night on the web using Marriott's wifi capabilities.

As I posted on the related thread, I just bought one for my wife. And she is very computer challenged. But she will have no problem with it.

And it is durable. I take mine to the gym and the beach. I've dropped it a few times. No damage. (I don't have a protective covering) It also hasn't frozen up on me the way my original IPOD did.

Great technology.

Jbart74

TUG Member
Reaction score
Go with the Touch. The classic is already out of date and the Touch offers so much more including many cool features from the Apple AppStore. Can't get that stuff on the Classic and she will be able to enjoy the Touch for a few years (at least 2, probably more) until Apple comes out with something even cooler. If that's even possible... lol