• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need help in getting DIK to transfer ownership of sold week

suzanne

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I sold my DIK week last year. This was a private sale and the buyers opted to handle the transfer of ownership instead of using a broker. This should have been a simple process. DIK emailed the documents that they said were needed. The buyers have now sent them the documents three times along with credit card info to bill the fees to. Yet we are still dealing with this as DIK is once again claiming that they can not transfer ownership into the buyers names because they have not received all of the necesary documents. The buyers say they sent all the documents that they received from DIK.

I emailed DIK and explained once again that I no longer owned the week and that they should contact the buyers direct. DIK responded by stating that while they have received documents from the buyers they are missing some of them and will not transfer ownership until they receive them. I have forwarded the new levy statement to the buyers and asked them to contact the resort to get this cleared up once and for all as there is nothing further that I can do. They have become very upset over the entire thing and are considering just walking away from it and chalking up the funds they paid me for it as a loss. All they want is the week in their names and the bill each year for the levy fees. They have asked twice now for DIK to send them the documents that they claim to be missing and DIK has not sent them.

Does anyone have any idea on how to get this resolved? Is it possible at this late date that the buyers could contact a broker to get the necesary paperwork done? If so who should they contact? Also what happens if they do walk away and the levy is not paid? I have a binding contract with the buyers that states that they are responsible for transfering ownership and any fees that that may involve and that the sale is as is where is and final upon signing of the contract. If they walk away and I don't pay the levy will DIK take the week back and/or pursue me thru legal action?

Any advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Suzanne

PAJim

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm sure it's all in the details. I've done it twice, both directly without an agent, one was a Dik week and the other was Mt. Amanzi. Make sure the paperwork is completely filled out and signed by both parties in all required places. Other than the time factor, I had absolutely no problems.

DianeH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hilltop is right on, yes Madeline is good. But you also might want to contact RCI SA about it.

Diane

PClapham

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark
Foxrun
Trouble w. Dik....

We had a major problem with them last year and Herb resolved it for us. Since he is no longer with us, maybe you could try the people who took over his business.
Just a thought...
Anita

Boy do I miss him! :(

suzanne

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for your help. I have emailed Madelain.

Suzanne

DianeH

TUG Member
Reaction score
I miss Herb too :( This site is empty now that he's gone. Yes I realize he wasn't posting but we always knew he was near.....

Diane