• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need help getting OUT!

danibelle22

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parkway International
I am new to this website/forum and have never posted before...so be gentle. I am not doing very well with searching this topic and understanding my options.

My husband and I bought into this timeshare thing when we were young and broke. 20yrs later we would like to be done but cannot see to get released from this yearly obligation. We are 100% willing to GIVE this away to just be burden free. Is that even possible?? Everything is paid off but we are told our resort will not buy the deed back. ANY help in this area - that is real help! We are desperate.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Check out the free timeshare forum, you can probably give it away since it's been 20 years, it's probably paid off.
Look at some of the other ads to get the idea, and read the pink sticky on top.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• 1674687928699.png
    1674687928699.png
    14 KB · Views: 3

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome to TUG.
I'm sorry that you find yourself in this situation.

The only possibility is for you to put it on ebay* for $1, offer a free vacation for 2023 (make the reservation for a holiday period when kids are out of school), and offer a pair of Disney tickets or $300 (?) VISA card to the buyer upon closing. See if you get any bids.
*You can, of course, place an ad, with beautiful pictures in the Free section here, but ebay will get you a wider audience. (start here, and go to ebay if there are no takers here.)

Other than that, there is little choice for you but to stop paying the maintenance fees, and let the management company close down your account. I wouldn't say this if there were another way. Your resort has no value. There are hundreds of resorts in Orlando, and this one doesn't have any benefit that would differentiate it from any of the others.

Most importantly, do not fall for the "upfront fee" timeshare exit companies. They will take your money and you will still be stuck with it.

There is one for sale on Redweek, and it won't sell.
1674688193941.png

Last edited:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
I am new to this website/forum and have never posted before...so be gentle. I am not doing very well with searching this topic and understanding my options.

My husband and I bought into this timeshare thing when we were young and broke. 20yrs later we would like to be done but cannot see to get released from this yearly obligation. We are 100% willing to GIVE this away to just be burden free. Is that even possible?? Everything is paid off but we are told our resort will not buy the deed back. ANY help in this area - that is real help! We are desperate.

Did you try DRI’s deedback program called Transitions? If not, I suggest you try ;)

Someone reported that they was able to give back a Parkway week. From post #927 dated Feb 24, 2018
Update:
DRI received my notarized paperwork on Jan. 22nd, 2018. I'm waiting for the deedback to be complete. I remembered that some have tried to determine this by attempting to log in to their DRI account. I just did that and received this message: We have no active membership or ownership for the credentials you supplied. YEA!!! So.... now I would like to find the actual record with the county for the deedback. Can someone here tell me how? I know I saw it in this very long thread somewhere but the 'search' function doesn't appear to be able to search just this one thread. :-( I owned at Parkway Intl, so this would be for Orange County Florida. Thanks! I'm SO relieved this is almost done!

Edited:
I think I found it. I don't see mine recorded yet so hopefully this is the right place to look and it will show up soon. Here is the link if anyone needs it. This is the orange county comptroller's record search page.
http://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagleweb/docSearch.jsp

DRI Conditions - From post #1005 dated December 8, 2015
Just an update. I posted last Oct 16 that I had been approved for deedback by DRI. As of today I have a pending charge of $750 to my credit card so I looks like this transaction should be complete before Christmas. The only issue I experienced was a two week delay in getting the credit card authorization charge form. I called and requested to pay by VISA and was told a form had to be requested and would be mailed to me. After waiting two weeks and not receiving the form I called back and after being on hold for 45 minutes the person who answered emailed the form to me while we were talking to each other. Point being, be proactive. All I have talked to at DRI have been courteous and professional.
Reading some earlier posts leads me to post the following. DRI spells out clearly their criteria for deedback approval. Let me post it here:
Conditions to Apply:
  • You must have no existing loan balance or other lien encumbering the vacation ownership.
  • You must be current on the payment of all maintenance fees up to the year for which you are relinquishing.
  • You must have a clear and free title to the vacation ownership.
  • All future reservations must be cancelled or traveled on prior to submitting a request. Does not apply to certain Fixed Week/Fixed Unit deeded week owners who have their reservation automatically booked in advance. Please call the Transitions team on 1.855.342.3689 for more information.
  • Your vacation ownership must be in a Diamond Resorts Collection or managed property. Currently, members who own in Embarc or the EU Collection do not qualify.
  • You must have purchased your vacation ownership directly from Diamond Resorts or from a predecessor whose developer rights were acquired by Diamond Resorts. Members and owners who have inherited or been gifted a vacation ownership from family will qualify if their family members would have qualified.
  • Participation with a timeshare exit or resale company or firm may negatively impact your ability to apply for Transitions.
Where applicable, if you meet the Conditions to Apply for Transitions, Diamond Resorts will consider your application on a case-by-case basis, reviewing it both on its own merits and in the context of all other qualifying Transition applications submitted to date. This program is subject to change or termination without notice and in the sole discretion of Diamond Resorts.

Deedback Fee - From post #1104 dated May 21, 2021
I went through the Transitions program last year, paying 1000 to get rid of my offseason VA Beach week. Transitions used to be easy to find on the Diamond website, but is somewhat in the background now, a link off of the financials section, as I recall. Maybe not, but getting there required a bit of looking around. Overall, things weren't that bad for us during our six years as owners, but I felt the long term trend wasn't going to be worth it, and didn't know how long the Transitions exit program would be an option.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
Dri never sell, rarely even find anyone to take them over unless (as with one posted for free a few days ago) the seller will pay 1st year MF or give free weeks.

Deedbacks are tough with DR as well unless it's Cabo or Kauai.

As a last resort many just stop paying MF and dodge collectors until they inevitably give up.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

TUG has a "Free Timeshare Giveaway Section" and you should post it there. A person or family who wants to return to Disneyland each year may be extremely interested in obtaining it.

Sweeten the deal by offering to pay 2 years of maintenance fees and I bet someone will be happy to grab it from you.

Once you find a taker then use LT Transfers to handle the paperwork for you and get it out of your name. Website below:

www.LTTransfers.com

Give it a shot. You've got nothing to lose other than an unwanted Timeshare......

Best of luck!