• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need help finding a trusted Timeshare Transfer company in the Los Angeles county

Mistyangel29

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new here and I'm very glad I found out about TUG. I'm trying to get rid of my Worldmark timeshare for free, I still have a loan on it. I live in the city of El Monte, CA 91732. Please, if anyone who know a good trusted Timeshare Transfer company in the Los Angeles county please let me know ASAP. Thank you so much!

mistyd29@gmail.com

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I think you are looking for a timeshare resale broker - not a transfer company. A title company just transfers the deed - they don't sell it for you. I'm sorry to break the news to you, but if you still owe on your timeshare, it will be impossible to sell it. That's because Worldmark points are literally being given away for free on the resale market, so you will not be able to find anyone who will pay you enough to pay off your loan.

Since you have posted this, you will now be contacted by companies who are going to promise to either sell your timeshare, or get you out of the contract, for a big upfront fee. Don't do it - that's always a scam.

There are reputable timeshare broker who charge a commission for $1,000 and up out of the proceeds, but since you owe money on your timeshare, and it has virtually no resale value, you won't find one who will want to list it.

Your best bet is to pay it off, and then sell it (give it away) yourself.

To see what your timeshare is actually selling for on the resale market:
-search for your resort by EXACT name (or Worldmark points)
-click on completed auctions in the menu on the left
-that will should you the most resent selling prices on ebay.

Last edited:

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm new here and I'm very glad I found out about TUG. I'm trying to get rid of my Worldmark timeshare for free, I still have a loan on it. I live in the city of El Monte, CA 91732. Please, if anyone who know a good trusted Timeshare Transfer company in the Los Angeles county please let me know ASAP. Thank you so much!

Your not going to find one in Los Angeles County

Worldmark is a membership and there are no deeds to be recorded

If the buyer is local you can request the transfer documents directly from Worldmark $ 299 meet the buyers) at a UPS store since there could be up to four notarizations required and you forward the originals to Worldmark

Here is a thread on the process

http://www.wmowners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=214603

This escrow company was recommended at WMOWNERS.COM by a respected Poster

http://www.timesharetitle.com/

This answer was based on the assumption you have found someone who will take over the existing loan and future loan payments and maintenance fees.

If not move over to WMOwners.com , there are enough differences between a Worldmark points membership ownership and a deeded timeshare ownership that much of the additional advice received here will actually be counter productive

Last edited:

Mistyangel29

Reaction score
I think you are looking for a timeshare resale broker - not a transfer company. A title company just transfers the deed - they don't sell it for you. I'm sorry to break the news to you, but if you still owe on your timeshare, it will be impossible to sell it. That's because Worldmark points are literally being given away for free on the resale market, so you will not be able to find anyone who will pay you enough to pay off your loan.

Since you have posted this, you will now be contacted by companies who are going to promise to either sell your timeshare, or get you out of the contract, for a big upfront fee. Don't do it - that's always a scam.

There are reputable timeshare broker who charge a commission for $1,000 and up out of the proceeds, but since you owe money on your timeshare, and it has virtually no resale value, you won't find one who will want to list it.

Your best bet is to pay it off, and then sell it (give it away) yourself.

To see what your timeshare is actually selling for on the resale market:
-search for your resort by EXACT name (or Worldmark points)
-click on completed auctions in the menu on the left
-that will should you the most resent selling prices on ebay.

Your not going to find one in Los Angeles County

Worldmark is a membership and there are no deeds to be recorded

If the buyer is local you can request the transfer documents directly from Worldmark $ 299 meet the buyers) at a UPS store since there could be up to four notarizations required and you forward the originals to Worldmark

Here is a thread on the process

http://www.wmowners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=214603

This escrow company was recommended at WMOWNERS.COM by a respected Poster

http://www.timesharetitle.com/

This answer was based on the assumption you have found someone who will take over the existing loan and future loan payments and maintenance fees.

If not move over to WMOwners.com , there are enough differences between a Worldmark points membership ownership and a deeded timeshare ownership that much of the additional advice received here will actually be counter productive

It been almost a month, and I can finally brings myself back into TUG's forum again, after the shocking news you provided. But thanks god for your valuable advices, I took the first step in order to get this money-eater out of my life.

So this is what I have done to my Worldmark's membership, please let me know what you think of it:

I applied for 3 credit cards, all of them have no 0% APR until Feb.2013 instead of paying 13% interest rate for the loans. I use them to payoff my $7,000 loans. I'm happy to says, I'm now loans free and my ownership is now finally have some market value. But now, I have to make monthly minimum payments for the credit cards. I'm hoping I can pay everything off by next year. And it's not over yet, the ghost of the maintenance fee of $50 will be haunting me every months.

I don't think my timeshare has a title/deed. It's just a membership, I'm not 100% sure.

[advertising deleted]

I hope everything will goes smoothly and I'll finally be living a debts free life.

I hope I can tell you guys the good news in a month or so. Thank you so much for taking the time out to help me with this monster. Have a nice weekend! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I have to make monthly minimum payments for the credit cards.

Friendly advice - even with your 12 mo Interest free period, if you only pay the minimum monthly payment it will take YEARS to payoff the credit card balances. That is true even if you don't use the card again. The only way to payoff the credit cards quickly is to pay more than the minimum - as much as you can each month - especially during the interest free period.

Good luck!

Mistyangel29

Reaction score
Friendly advice - even with your 12 mo Interest free period, if you only pay the minimum monthly payment it will take YEARS to payoff the credit card balances. That is true even if you don't use the card again. The only way to payoff the credit cards quickly is to pay more than the minimum - as much as you can each month - especially during the interest free period.

Good luck!

Right now I can only make minimum payments due to my current financial situation. But I'm getting extra jobs to pay as much as I can. That is the only way to go about it. Thank you for the reminder!