• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need help ASAP, Kaanapali Beach Club pool closed

Marla

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

II just called with a Kaanapali Beach Club, 1 bedroomn unit, during the week we needed in 2009 - going to Maui Schooner the week before.

We were thrilled, but found out that the pool will be closed during our visit for major work.
"Resort under renovation. The resort’s pool and slide will be closed for renovation APRIL 20-JUNE 12, 2009."​

Do you think it will ruin the atmosphere to have the pool closed and maybe drained? II said we may not have another unit come up as we have to go the week before or the week after the Schooner.

Thanks for any help, ASAP. We have to make up our minds quickly.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
It wouldn't bother me a bit, but we have a pool at home. In Hawaii, we tend to be out and about having fun and doing things. We were on Kauai for 2 weeks this summer and I didn't get in the pool once - but we were at the beach nearly every day. Don't forget that the resort is right on the beach.

How much time do you usually spend by the pool on vacation? If it really bothers you, you might want to wait for something else to come along - with the economy and the cost of airfare, I think we will see a lot more deposits for Hawaii.

Good luck! :hi:

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
Are they offering reciprocity rights at a neighboring hotel? Do you have young kids?

KBC is nice. What other resorts are a possibility?

Marla

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the help.

We can't wait for our 2 weeks in Maui. It is just my husband and myself and we don't care that much about a pool, so we are taking the Kaanapali Beach Resort.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a ocean view unit?

Thanks again,
Marla

lynne

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pacific Grove Plaza
We have previously traded into this resort 3 times with SFX and the best we have been able to do is get a partial ocean view room. You may want to email the resort a few weeks prior to your arrival with your room request.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the help.

We can't wait for our 2 weeks in Maui. It is just my husband and myself and we don't care that much about a pool, so we are taking the Kaanapali Beach Resort.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a ocean view unit?

Thanks again,
Marla

When we stayed there in 2004 an ocean view unit was available, if we wanted to pay a $100 per day upgrade fee.

ccflyer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pool Closing Will Be Accompanied by Noise

Just one more thought for you to consider, although it sounds as though you are set on the KBC. We had originally planned to reserve a week in May 2009 but canceled after discussing the pool closing with the maintenance people at the resort.

Like you, we do not use the pool in Hawaii. However, we do enjoy spending some days at the resort, often on our lanai overlooking the ocean (we purchased "deluxe oceanview"). When I learned of the pool closing, I asked to speak to the Maintenance Department. The person I spoke with there (can't remember the name or title) said that the pool refurbishing would be accompanied on some days with quite a bit of noise. I asked if this meant jackhammers, and he said that it did.

So, if you plan to spend any of your days at the resort, you may want to consider this. If you just plan to use the resort as a place to sleep while trekking around the island, then the pool closing shouldn't present a problem for you.