• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need exchange info ASAP: MMC or MSE

luv2vacation

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just got back from Manor Club, staying in a studio. Spent a lot of time at Busch Gardens, golfed one day, rode bikes. Hubby LOVED the golf course and would like to play all three. We are looking to go 2nd week of May 2009 when I am finished my spring classes, weather should be nice then for golf, tennis, and bike riding. Would like to finalize plans this eekend before I start back to school. So I have 2 questions for experienced Manor Club travelers and owners:

1. If you exchange into a 2 BR using a Marriott unit, do you get the 6 rounds of golf for cart fees only?

2. Which do you prefer - original (MMC) or sequel (MSE) - and why? Both are available the week that we want to go.

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
You get six rounds of golf (no more than 2 per day) with either MMC or MSE.

I own at MSE and always trade back into MMC with either a studio, or a non-Marriott timeshare. You are on the first hole of the Blue Heron course with MMC (ask for a high floor golf view). The units seem larger than MSE because of less wasted space. You get a full size washer and dryer. There are many fewer units in each building (less people running around). You are closer to the market place and indoor pool and spa. The furnishings are a little nicer.

The only things about MSE that are better for guests are: lock off unit provides an additional kitchenette and sleep sofa, closer to large outdoor pool and kids playground, generally closer to tennis.

P.S. May is the best weather month in Williamsburg (great temps, long days, less humid) with October coming in a close second.

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with MMC but check with the resort regarding renovations. I just returned and the MMC units are scheduled to undergo major renovations starting in January and expected to last a few months. I would assume they would be done by May but you dont want to take a chance on being in a unit with renovations going on in surrounding units.

luv2vacation

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just booked MMC for May 9 check-in. Thanks for the heads up on renovations - I'll be sure to check before I go. We would love a golf course view.

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
For renovations, my guess is that they are going to do it building by building.

Also, does anyone know what would be in store for us owners after the villas are redone (granite, furniture, carpet???)

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was told by management that the renovations include new furniture, carpet, countertops etc. Basically a major refurbishment of the entire units starting in January.