• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need advise new Vidanta victim

Mac1

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Celebrate Park
Can anyone advise me what they think my best corse of action should be. In august we did a grueling 7hr time share presentation at the Myan Palace where we purchased a junior suite at the Parks in Nuevo Vallarta with the promise that it was opening this year but as it seems it might not even open in 2020. We also purchased the entertainment package which I have been reading wont be of much use. My wife and I are going back to the Myan Palace this weekend for our free sumerfest week which has cost me 1150.00 which they will be taking off my balance owed. I am going to try to cancel my contract when I am there any suggestions would be very helpful. Thanks

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
.....a junior suite at the Parks in Nuevo Vallarta with the promise .....
We also purchased the entertainment package ....My wife and I are going back to the Myan Palace this weekend for our free sumerfest week which has cost me 1150.00 which they will be taking off my balance owed.
I am going to try to cancel my contract when I am there any suggestions would be very helpful. Thanks

1) your not a victim of anything but your own choices .

2) You chose to go to a presentation / you chose to buy .
Vidanta did not make you do this .
Vidanta’s sales component - Vida Vacations did their job .

3) you are 2 months past the 5 day recision period - you are an owner .

4) Vidanta has many many happy owners . Happy - to vacation at a quality well run resort system
with an excellent “ hotel side “ staff . Many of us bought like you did - from a high pressure sales
presentation .

5) SUGESTIONS - contact and schedule a meeting with Vidanta Member Services at the property you
are going to vacation at . Call today ( Friday ) as VMS has appts. availability Monday- Friday generally before noon .

Focus the meeting on resolution of your unanswered questions :
- how does “use” work - especially until the Parks in NV opens .
ie - what can I book / how far ahead / what size unit
how does the “Entertainment Package “ work / what can it be used for .

6) Read and reread your contract before your meeting - so you better understand what you bought and own , and highlight anything that is not clear to you so you can ask explanations from VMS.

Your contract likely renews in 10 years ( with a renewal payment ) Find out the details of use after renewal ( typically set at Mayan Palace and Sea Garden);
The contract expires if you choose not pay the renewal at year 10. .
So that is your cancellation answer .

7) welcome to TUG / enjoy your vacation .

Last edited:

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
T-Dot is correct. You are past the 5 days to cancel and are going back for a week.

Many of us have made the same mistake of buying emotionally with promises of wonderful vacations. We have had 2 non-Vidanta ones that were bought on pure emotion because we loved the locations and both are now closed. That is $$$ down the drain.

Hubs and I bought at Mayan Palace in 1999 because we were staying in a dump in Acapulco and if we bought, we could move over that day! We signed on the bottom line, went to get our things and have been Mayan World owners ever since. It was February in Acapulco and the Mayan Palace had the most wonderful beach and rooms for the last 3-1/2 days of vacation. We like Mayan World so well that we have been owners at most levels over the past 20 years and owned as many as 6 Registered weeks at a time. We have had wonderful vacations at all of the resorts and made some great exchanges.

So - read that contract, learn what you have and how to use it. When you are there, talk to Member Services about your contract.

The Vidanta Resorts are first class, so enjoy them. The Sales group is not - they will say anything to get you to buy.

pianodinosaur

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
@Mac1:

We have booked family vacations with multiple units at The Grand Mayan RM and at The Grand Luxxe NV. They were fantastic vacations. We have used timesharing to travel around the world. Timesharing is fun. Learn your system and learn how to exchange. You purchased a luxury and now is the time to enjoy it. You earned that.

Welcome to TUG. I strongly suggest that you join TUG so you can read and contribute to the reviews. They are an invaluable resource.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Can anyone advise me what they think my best corse of action should be. In august we did a grueling 7hr time share presentation at the Myan Palace where we purchased a junior suite at the Parks in Nuevo Vallarta with the promise that it was opening this year but as it seems it might not even open in 2020. We also purchased the entertainment package which I have been reading wont be of much use. My wife and I are going back to the Myan Palace this weekend for our free sumerfest week which has cost me 1150.00 which they will be taking off my balance owed. I am going to try to cancel my contract when I am there any suggestions would be very helpful. Thanks

Is the contract paid off ? Probably not. Vidanta won't take the it back unless the contract is paid off. I'm not sure if they would take it back even it was.

Is the contract financed through an American Banks line of credit ? If so you own a collectible debt.

If Vidanta is financing the contract and you stopped paying because of a contract dispute they would have to take you to court to get a judgement. If they take you to court it would be a Mexican court and the judgement wouldn't be enforceable in the USA.

They could sell this contract to a collection agency but you could dispute the collection unless it went to an American court and received a judgement. To get a judgement in an American court on Internationale debt the collection agency would need you to sign a promissory note acknowledging the debt. To get you to acknowledge the amount owed they would threaten three times the debt owed but if you sign when they ask they would reduce this amount. If you don't sign this new agreement and they threaten to take you to court it is a hollow threat because they can't prove an International judgement and an American court wouldn't enforce a Mexican courts judgement in the USA.

Send Vidanta a letter telling them they breached your contract and you are cancelling the contract. Let them know what they did that caused this breach.

You will not get any of your deposit back.

Just so every one knows, I'm am not advising anyone to do this, AND I'm not a timeshare attorney.

Bill

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Read and reread your contract before your meeting - so you better understand what you bought and own , and highlight anything that is not clear to you so you can ask explanations from VMS.

This is essential if you are going to talk to someone about what you own...

George

shirlasker

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just bought 2 bedroom grand luxe and found out another couple on same day paid 30,000 less than me for same deal
I can rescind but would just really like to renegotiate price
Anyone have any experience it’s this

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
You can as long as it has been less than 5 days. Sunday does not count.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I just bought 2 bedroom grand luxe and found out another couple on same day paid 30,000 less than me for same deal

Rescinding is actually the first step in renegotiating anything with Vidanta. Make an appointment with Members Services ASAP and tell them you are rescinding and they will make it their business to renegotiate the contract and get you to keep it.

IMHO, you should only use your knowledge of what someone else paid as a signpost for those negotiations; it tells you how low they would go for someone else. That's why they include a nondisclosure clause to prevent this from happening. In any case, it's not just the price that is open for negotiations, but additional benefits you wouldn't get without being in this position. If you don't know what else is available, chat with some other owners to get an idea of what you can ask for. There are a number of things that are fairly standard that they can offer.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

RESCIND IMMEDIATELY. You can negotiate and purchase anytime you want but you only have 5 days in which to legally rescind.

Send your letter via REGISTERED MAIL and be done with it.