• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need Advice

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
How do I PM you? Just attach the file on here?
You could also let us know where your other two Wyndham TS are located. That will let us know the deficiency treatment upon foreclosure.

Last edited:

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I estimate OP’s rescinded TS to be about $25k. His deposit was $7k. His payments on the rescinded TS would be about $500 for ten (10) years. Using the 12 percent interest rate and the Accounting 72 Rule of 2, looks like the financed value is about $18k.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I estimate OP’s rescinded TS to be about $25k. His deposit was $7k. His payments on the rescinded TS would be about $500 for ten (10) years. Using the 12 percent interest rate and the Accounting 72 Rule of 2, looks like the financed value is about $18k.
The way Wyndham hoodwinked the OP he should just walk away and stop paying. Sorry to the few that think it is wrong to use anti deficiency laws to their advantage. But this OP was totally taken advantage of. I would also suggest trying to have the credit card charges reversed if he can prove it is not mentioned in his purchase agreement.

Last edited:

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@BilWil I provided you the wrong link earlier. This is the correct link. Where are your two TS deeded?

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
How do I PM you? Just attach the file on here?

You can do either. I have started a conversation with you. You can respond to it or post the information I had enumerated right here.
.pdf files can be attached in either place. If you're computer savvy, you can selectively hide personal details you don't want to disclose. There are many ways to do it.

Time is of the essence. You must respond in real time or somewhat more promptly than you have been doing so far.
Remember, the Rescission clock is ticking and it's counting down to zero inexorably. No excuses, grace periods or extensions or extenuating circumstances. You must act with alacrity.

You have $11,000 to recover from your latest transaction and I guess similar big amounts from last month's transaction. You have only 60 days to contest CC charges. If you're open to foreclosure and letting them take what they shouldn't have sold you in the first place, there is no need to gift-wrap it 1000s of dollars. There's no deficiency here. They get their real property back. Selling expenses on their part could be claimed as a deficiency. But, that's not worth their time so they will never even bother and would not prevail even if they did, imo.

Last edited:

BilWil

Reaction score
I also just realized that the contract from November in Atlantic City says that I'm married, and I'm not. I wonder would that make that contract mull and void?

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
That's a different battle which you will probably lose.
You have a rescission and down payment recovery at hand both of which require your immediate attention.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@BilWil Thank you for providing this information. Unfortunately, you might not qualify for anti-deficiency treatment as your Wyndham TS are in NJ and DE (PVTO). We have four (4) reports of tuggers who defaulted on Wyndham TS. Two defaulted on Wyndham loans. None got reported to the credit agencies or faced a loan. However, he situation is different.

Last edited:

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I also just realized that the contract from November in Atlantic City says that I'm married, and I'm not. I wonder would that make that contract mull and void?
Okay. We know that the NJ TS has deficiency treatment. Looks like the CWA, with the PVTO being located in DE, also has deficiency treatment. Looks like OP's screwed in this aspect.

Last edited:

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That's a different battle which you will probably lose.
You have a rescission and down payment recovery at hand both of which require your immediate attention.
Laws of NY and NJ are different. In NY, you'd lose with that argument, as a nonmaterial error.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@BilWil Thank you for providing this information. Unfortunately, you might not qualify for anti-deficiency treatment as your Wyndham TS are in NJ and DE (PVTO). We have four (4) reports of tuggers who defaulted on Wyndham TS. Two defaulted on Wyndham loans. None got reported to the credit agencies or faced a loan. However, he situation is different.

I doubt that caution prevents OP from being forthcoming. I suspect he is overwhelmed by all the contract nonsense. He should just take a deep breath and gather all the facts first before desperately looking for a solution. It's much simpler to make the right decision when one has all the facts.

Correct diagnosis is difficult when a patient is not able to coherently describe what ails him and all his symptoms. A kind of paralysis!

When in deep trouble, one must fight paralysis and keep a cool head and rely on facts. I always like to remind myself that my troubles are nothing compared to what countless millions face on a daily basis. That helps to focus my mind. Just some friendly and worldly advice.

Last edited:

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Deleted.

Last edited:

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We hope that you are well. If you made the difficult decision to default, would you kindly let us know or PM me as to whether your credit got affected? The information would help TS owners moving forward.