• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need advice (re renting RCI exchange week)!

sharktzu

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a week at the HGVC Sea World Resort in Orlando reserved for the week of August 18-25, 2006. The week was an RCI exchange for a week at another resort. Now I can't use it, there's nothing else to exchange it for, and my week would expire in September anyway. I'm thinking my best option is to rent it out or find someone do do a informal one-to-one personal exchange with someone. What is the best way to accomplish this goal or does anyone know of some alternate way to handle my situtation. I know most of you on the board are really well versed in all the facets of timesharing so I'm begging you for help. Thanks

OnMedic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Re: Need advice!

Hey Shark,

A tough spot to be in... the question to ask yourself is, do you want the week to use or to rent!

If you can find a direct exchange to use the week... great! I would however pursue both avenues and take whatever comes first! I see you are rather new here, so I suggest a TUG membership and then use the free classified add that you get with your membership. There is also a direct exchange section and a "Last Minute Rental" borad you can post it to at 45 days. The final options are to post to timeshareforums.com (free), bidshares.com and/or myresort network.

I hope this helps!

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Re: Need advice!

Before deciding to rent, please read this post by RCI's rep to TUG regarding RCI's prohibition on renting exchange weeks. RCI enforces its policy. Some TUGgers have had RCI accounts suspended and have lost deposited weeks and/or reserved exchanges as the result of such enforcement.

Imagine the legal difficulty you would be in if you rent the week and your renter shows up to check in, only to find that there is no reservation because RCI canceled the week! You would have a renter who would be very unhappy with you!