• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need advice on ebay auction for Wyndham Smokey Mtns

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
I’ve been watching an ebay item as wife and I are looking to add a resell contract to our current CWA contract. Does anyone have any experience with ebay seller ‘orlandots7’?

Last edited:

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I’ve been watching an ebay item as wife and I are looking to add a resell contract to our current CWA contract. Does anyone have any experience with ebay seller ‘orlandots7’?
After some research, the company name is Orlando Ventures LLC. Does anyone have any experience buying resells from this company?

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
ebay feedback is probably your best indication of the seller's reliability.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Yes and no. I’m buying from a seller with nothing in the last 12 months. It’s a private seller. Have a copy of the deed and everything seems to be checking out. But yes, generally I’d look at feedback. It was the first thing I did. But I sent a message and figured out it was a private seller.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Yes and no. I’m buying from a seller with nothing in the last 12 months. It’s a private seller. Have a copy of the deed and everything seems to be checking out. But yes, generally I’d look at feedback. It was the first thing I did. But I sent a message and figured out it was a private seller.

I hadn't looked at his feedback when I posted my first response.

He has one feedback as a seller. The buyer complained that the paint job was okay but the engine and transmission were bad. You decide.

In any event, no Tuggers will have anything to say about his performance as a timeshare salesman.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I hadn't looked at his feedback when I posted my first response.

He has one feedback as a seller. The buyer complained that the paint job was okay but the engine and transmission were bad. You decide.

In any event, no Tuggers will have anything to say about his performance as a timeshare salesman.
I’d stay away! Especially for Wyndham. Timeshare nation gives them away free. With free closing. I was able to pull the deed online from my seller. As a matter of fact I sent him his own deed and said, here send this to the closing company so they don’t charge 25 bucks for title search lol.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
After some research, the company name is Orlando Ventures LLC. Does anyone have any experience buying resells from this company?
Personally I don't bid on private identity auctions. I like to see who is bidding. When your bidding against a bidder with a low feed back score of 1 or 2 beware.

Jimag

TUG Member
Reaction score
Personally I don't bid on private identity auctions. I like to see who is bidding. When your bidding against a bidder with a low feed back score of 1 or 2 beware.
I agree. Moreover, I think feedback on Ebay needs corroboration. For example, if I were the OP I would definitely check the Better Business Bureau (and other sources). The results will be informative.

Jimag

TUG Member
Reaction score
How did you learn that Orlandots7 is Orlando Ventures, LLC., and have you checked the Better Business Bureau for information on Orlando Ventures, LLC.?

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How did you learn that Orlandots7 is Orlando Ventures, LLC., and have you checked the Better Business Bureau for information on Orlando Ventures, LLC.?
I sent the seller a message asking a couple of questions about the ts and he responded. One of the questions I asked was who would handle the closing and he said his company would. I then asked what was his company’s name and he said Orlando Ventures. So, that’s when I checked Google and found they have a few BBB complaints for TS buyback scams. So, I won’t be bidding on this. I’m just going to be patient and keep looking. Thanks to everyone who offered feedback. I appreciate the advice.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
If you do want a deed for Smoky Mountains, make sure the deed is tied to governors crossing II, not I. The maintenance fees for Governors Crossing I is $5.47, and Governors Crossing II is $5.13. I own at Governor's Crossing II.

upload_2019-8-14_13-45-30.png

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
If you had a choice between the two at the same price sure, but either one is consider in the lower maintenance fee range.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you had a choice between the two at the same price sure, but either one is consider in the lower maintenance fee range.
That’s true, Scott. And my goal is nothing above CWA mf’s, so I would take either if the purchase price was acceptable. Or free!

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
That’s true, Scott. And my goal is nothing above CWA mf’s, so I would take either if the purchase price was acceptable. Or free!

CWA is still pretty high at $5.99. Don't forget your program fee (which if you only own resale is .58/k.) Sometimes you have to pay a bit of money to get lower MF. But if you need ARP, buy where you want to stay or CWA if that holds where you want to stay.

I think that most closing companies have some sort of complaint against them. I have two that I won't do business with. Sadly you usually don't find out that they aren't any good until you are in the middle of it.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA is still pretty high at $5.99. Don't forget your program fee (which if you only own resale is .58/k.) Sometimes you have to pay a bit of money to get lower MF. But if you need ARP, buy where you want to stay or CWA if that holds where you want to stay.

I think that most closing companies have some sort of complaint against them. I have two that I won't do business with. Sadly you usually don't find out that they aren't any good until you are in the middle of it.

I own a CWA contract purchased from developer so I wouldn’t have to worry about the program fee would I?

Other than the mf’s, and since I do have the CWA contract that could meet my ARP needs, is there any reason I should care about the location if I decided to purchase a CWP contract?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own a CWA contract purchased from developer so I wouldn’t have to worry about the program fee would I?

Other than the mf’s, and since I do have the CWA contract that could meet my ARP needs, is there any reason I should care about the location if I decided to purchase a CWP contract?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your program fee will be .60/k because of that developer. If you don't need any more ARP, then go with the lowest MF that you can find. Like I said, sometimes there is a cost behind these contracts but the lower MF will offset the price eventually. $5.13 isn't bad, but it isn't all that great. Then you need to start looking at multiples of 77 as that is how your reservation transactions come in if you aren't Gold +.

scot111

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I recently worked with
Rick Jones at
Resort Property Marketing
Quitman, AR 72131
look for
National Harbor,
Steamboat Springs
or Panama City Beach.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Your program fee will be .60/k because of that developer. If you don't need any more ARP, then go with the lowest MF that you can find. Like I said, sometimes there is a cost behind these contracts but the lower MF will offset the price eventually. $5.13 isn't bad, but it isn't all that great. Then you need to start looking at multiples of 77 as that is how your reservation transactions come in if you aren't Gold +.
Glad you mentioned the transactions. I’m not quite clear on how VIP benefits work if I have some resell points. Can you help me out? I have 450k developer points for silver VIP. Let’s say I purchase another 450k resell. The benefits that I’m most aware of and use are ARP, the 25% discount at 60 day window, free upgrade at 30 day window, 5 free reservation transactions, and unlimited housekeeping transactions. I know I’ll use more reservation transactions which will cost me an additional $19.95 per transaction. I’m fine with that. What other benefits do I receive on the developer points that I will not get with the resell points? Will all points qualify for the 25% discount, or only the developer points? What about upgrades?

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
What other benefits do I receive on the developer points that I will not get with the resell points? Will all points qualify for the 25% discount, or only the developer points? What about upgrades?

Resell points cannot be used for Wyndham Club Pass reservations. As of now, all points in your VIP account receive the discounts and upgrades. All subject to change at Wyndham's whim.

Wyndham Club Pass info... https://www.myclubwyndham.com/mycw/...ation-options/exchange-options/clubpass.page?

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
5 free reservation transactions

This is based on the number of points you own, not on being silver VIP. You will continue to receive 1 free reservation per 77k points owned and if you add resale points the number of free transactions will increase accordingly.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
If you're looking to add resale points keep an eye on Grand Desert listings. They come up often enough and can usually be had for a reasonable price. The 2019 maintenance fees are $4.73 for buildings 1 and 2 and building 3 is $4.82. Those are the numbers before the program fee. Compared to CWA that is considerably less.