• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need advice [new Wyndham purchase]

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
We recently just bought into Wyndham resorts, where you have over 215 locations to choose from and paid over $25k for 2 weeks a year. What we liked about Wyndham was able to be able to buy time at low rate or use our points. I read quite few negative post about Wyndham resorts. Is a time share really worth the money. Has anyone had any problems with Wyndham resorts? Is what they tell you true, being able to sell time at the resorts to others? At no additional cost. I am what I am looking for is positive reviews. Me and the wife love to travel and have spent several thousands of dollars on vacations every year to Sandals resorts and Vegas. According to the sales agent Sandals is part of them, and for $279.00 a week we can reserve sandals location. Is this true, has anyone ever use there Wyndham rewards for Sandals? Just trying to find out some information on if we made a wise choice. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
When and where did you buy? You might have time to legally rescind this deal and get all your money back.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
How long ago did you buy? Are you still within your recision period? If so, rescind.

Not because the system isn't great---it is, I've owned Wyndham for a decade, and love the resorts. But, I also bought resale for about a dime on the dollar. Right now it might be possible to buy for even less.

So, if you can rescind, do, and then do your research about whether or not Wyndham is right for you and how you can save serious money on the deal. But, if you are too late to rescind, then we can help you get the most out of your ownership.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
How long ago did you buy? Are you still within your recision period? If so, rescind.

Not because the system isn't great---it is, I've owned Wyndham for a decade, and love the resorts. But, I also bought resale for about a dime on the dollar. Right now it might be possible to buy for even less.

So, if you can rescind, do, and then do your research about whether or not Wyndham is right for you and how you can save serious money on the deal. But, if you are too late to rescind, then we can help you get the most out of your ownership.[/QUOTE

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I just joined today while in Vegas, so yes I can rescind, they told me I had 5 business days, is this correct. How do I rescind, heard I had to submitted a letter by certified mail. Should done my research before I bought. Thanks for the help

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Lots of TUG folks (including me) look askance at buying timeshares from timeshare companies because of the availability via resale of substantially the same thing (or exactly the same thing) for pennies on the full-freight dollar compared with timeshare company prices.

The professional timeshare sellers frequently point out that deeded timeshares can be rented out, bequeathed, or sold. That's true -- meaning that current timeshare owners can sell their timeshare deeds. When they set out to do that, they discover that the true open-market value of virtually all timeshare deeds is very low -- 10% or less than the timeshare companies' original prices.

Not only that, there is no such thing as a new timeshare. By the time any new owner shows up & checks in, other people will have already been staying right there in the new owner's very own unit. That's used-used-used any way you shake it. And there in no sense -- none, zippity-doodah -- in paying new prices for something that is so clearly not new.

Rescind your full-freight purchase if there's still time. Get out of it while you can. Then buy the same thing, or the equivalent, or something even better, for thousands of dollars less on the resale market.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just joined today while in Vegas, so yes I can rescind, they told me I had 5 business days, is this correct. How do I rescind, heard I had to submitted a letter by certified mail. Should done my research before I bought. Thanks for the help

The rescission instructions should have been given to you with your ownership package. And it probably told you to send your rescission letter via certified mail. And yes, I believe the time granted to send your letter (not for them to receive) is five days in NV.

Now if you want to buy something, yes do lots of research. Really and realistically analyse your travel needs, desires and circumstances. Maybe even try renting from current owners to "try before you buy" to make sure that owning one is right for you.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
The rescission instructions should have been given to you with your ownership package. And it probably told you to send your rescission letter via certified mail. And yes, I believe the time granted to send your letter (not for them to receive) is five days in NV.

Now if you want to buy something, yes do lots of research. Really and realistically analyse your travel needs, desires and circumstances. Maybe even try renting from current owners to "try before you buy" to make sure that owning one is right for you.

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
Rescind immediately. You were lied to. Wyndham may be a good option for you, or it may be that another timeshare works better. Rescind, do your research and then make an informed decision.
Sandals is a member of RCI, the biggest timeshare exchange company. Wyndham is also a member, but so are many others. You can belong to RCI and use their exchange services if you own an RCI affiliated timeshare. RCI has weeks available at $279 but they are usually overbuilt areas at the very lowest season. I don't know if Sandals ever shows up on that list. The all inclusive fees would be additional. The sales folks (and Wyndham has a really bad reputation for lies in an industry that has a lot of major league liars) like to imply that you can book any resort in their directory at any time you want. Not true. It depends on availability and competition from all the other timeshare owners. In addition, the owner of that week has to decide to deposit for exchange instead of using or renting. Don't buy for the exchange, buy something you will use.

To see if timeshares are for you, fill out the questions in Denise's post in the newbie forum. With that info, we can point you in a good direction. That may include Wyndham, but others may be a better fit.

Sue

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates
Thanks I will rescind its in the contract. I am pretty sure Wyndal resorts is for us, I will get back with you once I have cancel.
congrats on finding us save some money and purchase resale

Centurion

Reaction score
Thanks I will rescind its in the contract. I am pretty sure Wyndal resorts is for us, I will get back with you once I have cancel.
If you have not received confirmation of your cancellation yet I would send another letter referencing the first certified mail tracking number on the first letter and keep that for additional documentation. Also, never rescind with your sales person, far too often the message will mysteriously get lost until the recision period has expired.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have not received confirmation of your cancellation yet I would send another letter referencing the first certified mail tracking number on the first letter and keep that for additional documentation. Also, never rescind with your sales person, far too often the message will mysteriously get lost until the recision period has expired.

Rescission instructions clearly specify rescission submission to the corporate offices, not to or with the sales location or salesperson.

There is no legal obligation for the developer to provide any form of notification or confirmation regarding the rescission.
Their one and only obligation is to process a timely submitted rescission and issue 100% refund of deposit within 45 days; no more, no less.
If certified mail rescission was submitted and receipt confirmed, additional and unnecessary correspondence is not going to accelerate the process.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k

A few things....

Deal with your rescission first. Keep records, don't talk to them on the phone etc.... They will probably try and get you to change your mind etc...\

Consider changing your Forum name to a moniker or abbreviation etc... if that's your real name. Probably not the safest to give people too much info.

This board is chocked-full of some of the most knowledgeable people (concerning timeshares) on earth. Really. Most have strong opinions (like me) and may have strong advice served on the side with those opinions. But, you will get the truth, people will try really hard to save you money and trouble and help you find what is just right for your vacation needs and goals. And, they'll help you figure out how to do this at a price point you can afford. The survey mentioned above, http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/what-to-buy-questions-for-newbies.208742/ is not just designed to help you find the 'right timeshare for you,' but is also designed to help you figure out what brand/system/location to buy, how much timeshare you need (points or weeks etc..), what the purchase cost will be, the annual cost and the likelihood of being stuck with the timeshare for the rest of your life (in some cases). Really, taking the survey/answering the questions will really help out.

Welcome to TUG. Consider joining the forum. It's money $ well spent. Sounds like it already saved you a bundle.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
The survey mentioned above, http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/what-to-buy-questions-for-newbies.208742/ is not just designed to help you find the 'right timeshare for you,' but is also designed to help you figure out what brand/system/location to buy, how much timeshare you need (points or weeks etc..), what the purchase cost will be, the annual cost and the likelihood of being stuck with the timeshare for the rest of your life (in some cases). Really, taking the survey/answering the questions will really help out.

Welcome to TUG. Consider joining the forum. It's money $ well spent. Sounds like it already saved you a bundle.

The above-mentioned survey will also help people figure out if even owning a TS is right for them. And BTW, it does not cost money to join the forum, although it may well be time well spent.

Centurion

Reaction score
If certified mail rescission was submitted and receipt confirmed, additional and unnecessary correspondence is not going to accelerate the process.

I understand what you are saying. My experience suggests that resorts are notorious for "misplacing" correspondence. With the amount of money on the line I would think an extra letter referencing the first is a small time/$ commitment to ensure the resort complies. I am a firm believer that you can not over-document.

The first letter should work - the second is cheap insurance.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Thanks everyone all is good I am out of the time share, however we are interested in purchasing one from this web site.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone all is good I am out of the time share, however we are interested in purchasing one from this web site.

Glad you rescinded on time --- well done! :clap:. I suggest spending some time reading up (on this site) regarding the many various companies, points systems, fixed vs. floating weeks, etc. to learn exactly what would best suit your particular needs and interests before buying anything, listed on this site or elsewhere.
I would also further suggest maybe renting first, to get a good, solid feel for the types of properties and locations and amenities that you want / like.

Wyndham is a good system for some people, but you should look hard into whether Wyndham actually has properties in the places you seek to visit.
If you get involved with any "points" contract, you also want to have a cost / points ratio that you find palatable --- and with enough points to get adequately sized units where and when you seek to go. For right now however, just take a deep breath and study and learn.

Don't necessarily focus on "buying from this web site" (TUG) either. First understand with clarity just what it is that you want to acquire, then seek it out.
There are many resale sources and options including (but certainly not limited to) the TUG Marketplace and / or Bargain Deals. Good luck!

Last edited:

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Please, you just got out of a very bad and costly situation. Take your time and learn a little bit about other the timeshare systems. You will be pleasantly surprised at all your opportunities.

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)

I agree with the last two posts; take your time. You wisely extricated yourself from a bad situation. Now, to get the full benefit, research.

On-site research -- by renting before you buy -- is actually rather fun. You get to play the "what if" game (what if we buy this view, this season, this phase, this size unit, etc.) without committing your money.

And prices are not going up while you decide.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham deeds for under $1500 with all closing paid by sellers can be found on the tug site. You can never be a VIP buying resale but the $25k saved is a good trade off.