• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need a favour from an SFX Member - re Riviera Maya deal

nsstampqueen

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am hoping someone who is a member of SFX can give me a little information about something I found on their website.

First let me say, I will be joining SFX just as soon as the two timeshare deals that are in the works are finalized (one free from dad, one free from a Tugger). Until then I cannot register - I believe they have a process that confirms you own at the resort you say when you sign up.

Anyway, under the specials deals area - they are now offering deals on Grand Palladium resorts. We are going to go to the Grand Palladium Riviera Maya in September or October this year. We can get some good deals on AI trips around then - as low as $1119 + 120 tax pp inc. flights, transfers, etc. through a travel agent. On the SFX deal in the small print for this special deal it says that you can use a banked or bonus week + a fee of $66 per night to the resort. What it doesn't say is whether that is per person per night or just per night.

Is there anyway that someone could find that out for me?

Our two timeshares are each around the $550 a week for MF - the one from my dad will rent for a little more than MF (usually does every year anyways), the one from a Tugger probably won't because it's Mexico, etc. However, to use a week for this one this year it would be an award week - so if we don't use it we're not out any money.

I'm just trying to figure out which is a cheaper option - exchanging a TS week and then paying the AI fee (my math on this is $462 for a week if it's per night and $924 for a week if it's per person per night + airfare of maybe $600 return each (or even higher) and then transfers, etc.) Almost doesn't seem worth it for this deal (unless it's per night not per person).

Thanks!

falmouth3

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just a friendly reminder, SFX doesn't take all resorts and some resorts they will only take in the high season. Have you checked to see that they will take yours?

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
I have the impression these are for 2 adults. Why don't you just call SFX and ask? They will give you the most accurate info.

H

nsstampqueen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Both of these resorts are in SFX - already checked that one. Both have that little gold feather (I think it's a feather).

I might call SFX today - I was wondering if they would give me any information seeing as I'm not a member yet, guess all they could do is tell me no they can't tell me that!

lynne

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pacific Grove Plaza
Post deleted--sorry, advertising is not permitted on this forum. You can click on any poster's name on the left and send a private message.

Last edited by a moderator: