• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need a correct address to Recind a Hilton time share purchase.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
In the end, I'd comply with the contract...<snip>...and not take any chances. If it says certified--USPS certified it is.

This is indeed the bottom line. There is simply no need, reason or useful purpose for any unnecessary testing of legal waters.

Developer-direct timeshare purchase contracts generally very clearly specify acceptable methods of rescission notice delivery.
Why try to pound a square peg into a round hole instead of just simply complying with the clear instructions of the contract? :shrug::confused::shrug:

Last edited:

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
It should not be that difficult to grasp that a signed document provides the framework for that which follows and the failure to comply with it's terms is where trouble starts. Alternatives may be honored, but to rely on methods or statements which are not contained within the four corners of the contract is folly.

MidwestFA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI, Hilton Grand Vacations Pacific Palisades
Absolutely do NOT call - they will do everything in their power to talk you out of rescinding.

PLUS - Calling has no legal standing, so whatever they tell you over the phone, doesn't matter, because only the WRITTEN rescission counts.

***You may get calls from your sales person now - don't answer the phone, don't return their calls - the sales office has NO authority on rescissions, they are just trying to talk you out of it and protect their commission - DON'T TALK TO THEM!

If you sent it to the right address, don't worry about the person's name - they already KNOW who handles rescissions.
Actually I just called a supervisor (the person who went over my contract wasn't available,) and she was extremely helpful and didn't try to talk me out of my recission at all. This was an upgrade by telephone/internet, and my husband didn't sign it (he refuses to do so while traveling,which he's doing now,) so technically there's no contract anyway. But of course I want to make sure I get my $ back on my credit card. We'll discuss the upgrade later.
10 days to rescind then. Odd (and possibly not even in compliance with applicable Florida law) that an address is reportedly missing from the rescission instructions. :ponder:
The docs can be quite long, but I was able to find an address for recission within my docs. Just rescinded a contract to upgrade to HGV Max for $9,750. May reconsider if they make me a better offer.

Reactions: RX8

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Don't do it even if they offer a better deal - you can buy the same thing on the resale market for a fraction of the cost.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Don't do it even if they offer a better deal - you can buy the same thing on the resale market for a fraction of the cost.
Just rescinded a contract to upgrade to HGV Max for $9,750.
Technically speaking, you can’t buy HGV Max on the resale market. A lot of people claim they bought Max but HGV is selling either deeds (HGVC resorts) or trusts (DRI resorts). They tend to push the trusts hard with their “update” attendees. Think of those retail offers as pigs. Max is nothing more than lipstick on the pig. If someone owns a retail HGV that is enrolled in Max, and they want to sell their deeded week or trust (or pig), HGV will wipe that lipstick off the pig before the resale buyer takes possession.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did anybody notice that today's comments are to a NINE YEAR OLD thread?

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did anybody notice that today's comments are to a NINE YEAR OLD thread?
Yes. However, I also noticed that "MidwestFA" resurrected the thread today in regard to his/her own current and ongoing rescission situation and efforts.
I respectfully submit that the subject of contract rescission and all pertinent subject advice and input is as important and relevant today as it was in 2015.

Last edited: