• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Nasty little surprise on Vidanta arrival

mikenk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Villa
I am at GLV with one of my family units: 8 adults - 2 kids. Just with phones, it is 10 phones. We also have 5 computers; that is 15 devices. We have always had access to basic internet on all devices; we could upgrade to faster speed if we wanted. Now, access is only three devices; now every 3 additional devices costs 1800 pesos; for us, it would cost us $360 for basic internet.

I have been told that it has always been that way by one concierge and by another that it is a new policy. They can't even get their lies straight. I know for a fact, I have never had this issue.

Due to my complaints, they gave me a couple of promotional codes for 6 more accesses. We tried to manage by turning on and off access to share - but it doesn't work as when one logs off, that person is permanently logged off. Since all restaurants are menu-less, most of us can't access menus. This is really stupid.

Have any others faced this? If so, are you OK with it?.

It changes me from a long term Vidanta supporter (except for Sales) to one that sees the customer support side also degrading. I do my member update Tuesday; there will be only one discussion point after I learn stuff and have my gondola ride

Mikenk

Fried_shrimp

Reaction score
I am at GLV with one of my family units: 8 adults - 2 kids. Just with phones, it is 10 phones. We also have 5 computers; that is 15 devices. We have always had access to basic internet on all devices; we could upgrade to faster speed if we wanted. Now, access is only three devices; now every 3 additional devices costs 1800 pesos; for us, it would cost us $360 for basic internet.

I have been told that it has always been that way by one concierge and by another that it is a new policy. They can't even get their lies straight. I know for a fact, I have never had this issue.

Due to my complaints, they gave me a couple of promotional codes for 6 more accesses. We tried to manage by turning on and off access to share - but it doesn't work as when one logs off, that person is permanently logged off. Since all restaurants are menu-less, most of us can't access menus. This is really stupid.

Have any others faced this? If so, are you OK with it?.

It changes me from a long term Vidanta supporter (except for Sales) to one that sees the customer support side also degrading. I do my member update Tuesday; there will be only one discussion point after I learn stuff and have my gondola ride

Mikenk

Wow, that sucks. Sorry to hear that.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
When we were in Penasco, the free internet was just basic for 3 devices - mostly email and slow web surfing. If you wanted streaming or more devices, there were 2 levels to pay for depending on what you needed. I thought that was new. We did not have to pay for internet services when we were at RM in 2018.

We have T-Mobile plans and can use 6GB hotspot data in Mexico, so we used our hotspots to run our computers. We would turn them off when we were done. We also have VPN for our computers so that everything seems the same as when we are home.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I am looking at getting a travel router. It would fix this issue as it shows up on the network as a single device and then you can connect as many devices to your travel router as you want.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
I am looking at getting a travel router. It would fix this issue as it shows up on the network as a single device and then you can connect as many devices to your travel router as you want.
We have done that before. We quit when they let us have more users on WIFI, but will take it when we go to Vidanta again. When we are at the Buganvilias, our 2011 contract specifically states 8 connections at high speed, so we do not take it when we go there.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I have sky roam for places with no free WiFi but this seems better. Let us know what you decide to get.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
We have Tmobile on all our phones so any of the phones can be a hotspot. I was using a router at our Villa Group resort but my router had problems. The resort wifi wasn't as fast as my phone anyway. We get good Tmobile connections in Nuevo Vallarta.

Bill