• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

NaPali Kauai Club STATUS 11/4/15

Kauai Kid

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The club is going out of business by selling our times shares and distributing the proceeds to the owners. The club is one of three firms managing the ALII KAI RESORT on PRINCEVILLE,

Just a quick note to bring you up to date on the progress of the resales.

For the last few months, Unit 14D has been listed for $15,000 over its appraised value. At that price there have been a few inquires about the Unit but only two actual showings. No offers have been received.

There are two Units at Alii Kai II that are also listed for more than their appraised values and both those Units have been on the market for over a year.

After discussing the situation with our realtor, we have decided to lower the asking price to $370,000 which is what the Unit is appraised for. Its always easier to lower a price in an attempt to find the price at which a Unit can be sold. That's what we are now attempting to do.

The projections sent out earlier this year estimating what each owner would receive when a Unit was sold were based on our Units selling for their appraised values minus a deduction of 10% to cover broker commissions and closing costs. We are now attempting to sell Unit 14D at its appraised value.

Our intent is not to have our Units priced so high that they sit on the market for an excessive period of time. If after 90 days, and if no offers are received at the new asking price for Unit 14D, our realtor may recommend a further reduction in the selling price. If that happens, all owners will be emailed and asked their opinion of that action. Any reduction in a Unit's selling price below its appraised value will have to be approved by a majority of the owners who respond.

Our goal is to have at least one if not two of our Units sold in 2015-2016 and the remaining three Units sold in 2017. We just need to find what selling price is necessary in order to get the Units sold.

In regards to sending out the paper work necessary for an owner to transfer their week(s) into the LLC we have been processing weeks in batches of ten at a time and have approximately half the weeks done. We will be taking a break for the next few weeks and intend to resume after Thanksgiving. If you have not yet received your paperwork, you should expect to receive it during December and all weeks should be processed into the LLC before the end of the year.

Jim Wyndham

Azjones01

Reaction score
Any update

I AM ALSO AN OWNER AT NA PALI KAUAI AND HAVE STILL HEARD NOTHING REGARDING SALE OR RENTAL INCOME. Anybody know anything new???

Kelly

Sandy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I AM ALSO AN OWNER AT NA PALI KAUAI AND HAVE STILL HEARD NOTHING REGARDING SALE OR RENTAL INCOME. Anybody know anything new???

Kelly

I am also an owner and reached out to Jim Windam for the procedure. It turns out that when we moved, Jim never had the updated contact information. Once we straightened this out, Jim emailed me forms to sign, and later sent a certified letter for me to update and sign/notarize our signatures for the processing.

If you have heard nothing, Kauai Kid has Jim's contact info. I can't find it now, but you should contact Kauai Kid first and then Jim.

Hope this helps.

Kauai Kid

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

Kelly

Here is Jim Windham's contact info
Na Pali Owners LLC
A Hawaii Limited Liability Company
Manager, Na Pali Kauai Club
PO Box 730
Spring Texas 77383
713-931-1670 or 713-931-1650
na.pali.kauai.club@gmail.com

As Sargent Schultz said in Horgan's Heros "I know nothing" more

Sterling