• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Napali Coast cruise

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are on Kauai and the wind and surf is great for those who love to put a board in the water and walk on it through the waves, but I am concerned that it will be very rough and cold on the Napali Coast. Also it costs +$270 for the two of us and I don't want to pay that if we're not going to enjoy it.

The other side of my brain says "go, you may never get to see it again". A surfer told me you can drive to the end of the northern most road and walk a mile and see it from there.

Any advice?

Mahalo! :)

somerville

TUG Member
Reaction score
The boat was still running out of Hanalei Bay a couple of years ago, when we were there the end of October. The boats will usually not go out if it is dangerous. If they have shut down for the season at Hanalei Bay, then your only option is out of Port Allen on the south side. Unless you are an experienced hiker and have good sturdy hiking shoes, I would not recommend hiking from the end of the road on the north side. If the weather is clear, you can also get a view of the Napali Coast from the overlook at the end of the road at the top of Waimea canyon.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
You wont believe your eyes. This is the most beautiful coastline we have ever seen. You really cant see the coastline unless your on a boat. My favorite Hawaii picture is is of the rugged mountains just past Honolei. Puff the magic dragon lived by the sea here. It really looks like dragon country if there is such a place. The whales and dolphins came out to see us, or maybe we chased them, Im not sure, but they were fun to watch.

Kauai Kid

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd go for it and have always enjoyed Captain Andy's cruises.

If it is really rough reconsider if you have back problems. Boats don't have shock absorbers, except for your butt and back. Rough seas can be down right uncomfortable and painful. That's why the Captain is standing a lot.

Where are you located? See if you can talk with some folks who have recently done the Na Pali Tour. Perhaps the concierge can direct you to the right folks.

Sterling

myhottoddy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Diane,

My wife and I took the Napoli Coast morning cruise on Oct 15 from Port Authur with the Blue Dolfin. The sea was a little rough but enjoyable. The crew was very attentive and we saw dolphins and a shark attacking a turtle.
The views were great. Take the morning cruise and take a jacket, water proof, if available. The 30 minute snorkel stop was marginal. We did the Shell Vacation TS tour and paid a discounted price of $91. The food was good but difficult to eat because of the wind on upper deck.

Tom

DianneL

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We did Captain Andy's back in May. The water was a little rough but the view of the coast is spectacular. Not to be missed. This was our second time to do this with Captain Andy.

Dianne

plgallagher

Reaction score
Napali Coast

Take the boat if the weather permits.
However....definately drive to the end of the north road (Kee Beach) and see the most beautiful beach view on the island.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
However you do it, just make sure you go see Napali Coast while you're there. When we were there in July, we did a helicopter tour of Kauai. It was fantastic! Napali Coast was awesome.

We did not do the boat trip, but did do several other activities and wanted to leave a few things for future visits as we are now owners.

I am so jealous that you guys are there. :D