• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Nanea Villas and views?

mindy35

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are planning a "last minute" (this April as compared to 8 or 12 months out) trip and thought we might as well use points at Nanea rather than being far down on the timestamp list at our home resort.

I understand they are not lock-off units and there are only 2 of us so far. I saw somewhere that 1 bedroom villas are "resort view". What does that mean in Nanea speak in terms of view? Are there rooms facing the back parking lot or the water treatment plant like in the north or south properties or are all villas facing into the courtyard or out to the sea......just some better than others?

2 months out, are we on equal footing in regards to villa location whether we trade to a sister property or visit the North property which is our home but beyond the 8 month window? Are there a larger number units with better &/or worse locations at Nanea than North or South?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
About 15% of the villas are ocean front and the rest are resort view - on the map below, the yellow roofs are resort view and the brown roofs are ocean front. Resort View covers a wide range of views - including parking lot view. Being a Vistana owner gives you some priority for view, but it's not related to what view you own at other resorts. I think that with a Staroption reservation you are more likely to get a better view in the North phase because it doesn't have any units facing the parking lot.

nanea.map.png

mindy35

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks.
As a post script, I was actually able to choose the view category (OF) I wanted when I booked my home property (WKORV-N) 2 months away (so basically using converted staroptions) so I made that choice. I was even able to book the size unit we needed (studio) whereas at Nanea, I had to get a 2bd.

Jayco29D

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott, Vistana
What, if anything, makes Nanea more desireable than WKORV and WKORV-N?

When you stay at one of the three Westins, are you able to use the pools and facilities at all 3 resorts?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Yes, you can use the pools and amenities at all 3 resorts, and have charging privileges.

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)

If you want "Home Resort" flexibility to choose your unit size and length of stay, Nanea is the only resort that allows you to do that. It's also your only choice if you want a 3-bedroom. From a personal preference perspective, the units in Nanea are more contemporary and are newer, which may be appealing to some.

WKORV and WKORV-N have the advantage of "mandatory" status (although the value of that designation is dubious to me since it's still a poor SO/MF trader, and you're likely better off renting it to recover your MFs in years you can't use it). They also have the advantage of lower MFs than Nanea. Some people have noticed a bad smell at Nanea when the winds blow a certain way from the sanitation plant. You can also choose to use your ownership in 2-bedroom lockoff configuration or split it into two separate weeks. The reef in front of the older resorts is better than in front of Nanea.

Basically, I think each resort has its advantages and disadvantages. Buy where you want to go.

rog2867

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nanea is new

When you stay at one of the three Westins, are you able to use the pools and facilities at all 3 resorts?
Nanea is new the others are old, and it shows. The smallest unit at nanea is a one bedroom premium there are no studios. You can use all 3 pools, restaurants etc. It depends on how much you plan to stay in the room. If your going to hawaii why would you stay in the room the whole time? In april its dark before 7 so all you see is dark anyway. Some of the units at Nanea that are called resort view have full ocean views they are very nice, just came back from there last week. You can't request them but they are nice.. Nanea is also the smallest of all 3 so the pool isn't as busy as the villas or north its a much more laid back atmosphere there.