• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Myrtle Beach

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just came back from there buffet service requires you to wear gloves and a mask when getting food and tables 6 feet apart.

[quote format repaired]

Are other seafood restaurants buffets still open in Myrtle Beach liked Captan George?

That's good news maybe the cruise lines will look at this restaurant . Maybe cruise lines can still have buffets on cruise ships.

Last edited:

tmoscola

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are here now. Masks are required at all indoor spaces on property.

tynian16

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are other seafood restaurants buffets still open in Myrtle Beach liked Captan George?

That's good news maybe the cruise lines will look at this restaurant . Maybe cruise lines can still have buffets on cruise ships.

Pretty sure the cruise lines have said they will try to have buffets where someone serves you to limit the number of people touching stuff. Vegas has already opened buffets back up in modified forms.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Yes it actually WAS Captain Georoe’s

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Even if open, I can't imagine a buffet with 100's of people indoors (even if tables are 6 ft apart) would be safe with the increasing covid numbers in Horry county. Today was our anniversary but we opted for an outdoor dining experience, skipping the water view because it was more crowded in Barefoot landing. Coming back to our unit a man (without a mask) asked us to hold our elevator door open for him and his wife and my husband told him to wait for the next one as we wanted this one to ourselves and it turned into a bit of a shouting match.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Even if open, I can't imagine a buffet with 100's of people indoors (even if tables are 6 ft apart) would be safe with the increasing covid numbers in Horry county. Today was our anniversary but we opted for an outdoor dining experience, skipping the water view because it was more crowded in Barefoot landing. Coming back to our unit a man (without a mask) asked us to hold our elevator door open for him and his wife and my husband told him to wait for the next one as we wanted this one to ourselves and it turned into a bit of a shouting match.

Smart move to make your point. Another option to shouting would be just get off and take the stairs.

Elevators and airplanes are some of the easiest places to catch germs and viruses........

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Smart move to make your point. Another option to shouting would be just get off and take the stairs.

Elevators and airplanes are some of the easiest places to catch germs and viruses........
If he had insisted we would have gotten off and waited for another. We were only on the third floor and typically take the stairs down but we had groceries with us. According to the mandate everyone has to wear masks in public areas indoors but many who are going to and from the pools or beach are maskless. Even in the grocery stores about 20% don't wear masks and the stores aren't enforcing the rules.

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
We wore mask inside the resort at all times. Had no problem with the elevators but told my wife if someone forced themselves on our elevator I would just start a coughing episode to see how fast they would jump off!

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
At Oceana Palms there are signs all over the elevators stating one person at a time unless a family/group staying together. Everyone seemed to be pretty polite about it, but the elevators were really fast/quick to arrive so at most you waited like another 30 seconds. The stairs aren't accessible from the lobby floor there (outside, locked access).

MommaBear

TUG Member
Reaction score
My trade is for two weeks from now so I'm scrambling! Last minute thing.
We are cancelling ours because of the significant rise in Covid in the area. We are very disappointed, because we love the resort and the area. Chesapeake House restaurant send to be open for take out only, we really enjoyed their food. Best hush puppies ever are at Captain Nance's in Calabash, NC.
[/URL]

tynian16

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are cancelling ours because of the significant rise in Covid in the area. We are very disappointed, because we love the resort and the area. Chesapeake House restaurant send to be open for take out only, we really enjoyed their food. Best hush puppies ever are at Captain Nance's in Calabash, NC.
[/URL]

Hey thanks and thanks everyone for the posts. We decided to cancel and managed to trade into Fairway Villas closer to home and basically no Covid in NJ anymore. We'll hit up Myrtle Beach at some point I'm sure!

MommaBear

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks and thanks everyone for the posts. We decided to cancel and managed to trade into Fairway Villas closer to home and basically no Covid in NJ anymore. We'll hit up Myrtle Beach at some point I'm sure!
It is so hard to give up a good trade like that. I traded into NH for the same week we'd had at Myrtle Beach. It will be nice to explore that area, but I will miss the beach. Enjoy Fairways Villas

ebeam

Reaction score
Are the seafood buffet restaurants open at Myrtle Beach?
They are open take your mask though. You must use your mask and gloves they provide every time you visit the buffet area or leave your seat. They are at about 50 percent capacity.

tynian16

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is so hard to give up a good trade like that. I traded into NH for the same week we'd had at Myrtle Beach. It will be nice to explore that area, but I will miss the beach. Enjoy Fairways Villas

What's a good timeshare place in NH?