• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Myrtle Beach or Hilton Head

TEK224

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll be going on vacation in mid-March. My 86y/o mother has always wanted to go to Myrtle Beach and I finally got her to agree to go (she's had some health issues and didn't want to go far).

If we go to Myrtle Beach, would you recommend Marriott's OceanWatch or Sheraton's Broadway Plantation. The Sheraton has some availability showing on-line now. Marriott only shows until late Feb. I could wait to see if mid-March opens up.

My other thought was to go to Hilton Head. It's closer to Savannah and Mom would love to go to Paula Deen's Restaurant.

At either place, are there scheduled activities in March? I guess it's not as crowded as the summer, so not sure if there would be kayaking, dolphin watching, etc. at that time of year.

Does Myrtle Beach have the theatre shows operating in March or only during peak season?

Sorry for so many questions. Just trying to start the planning process.

Thanks!

sail27bill

TUG Member
Reaction score
TEK224--I personally would choose Oceanwatch over the Broadway Plantation. We stayed at Oceanwatch this August and it was incredible. I felt it was more upscale than Broadway Plantation (have stayed here as well). At Oceanwatch, you have direct access to the beach, while at Broadway Plantation it is a little over a mile and you have to worry about parking.

Both are nice. Sheraton Broadway Plantation has a lazy river, water play area for the kids, and mini-golf. Oceanwatch has 2 main pools, one other pool by the garden villas and direct access to the beach. Broadway Plantation is closer to Broadway at the Beach which has an amusement park, shopping, movie theater, etc.

Since I have only gone during the summer months, I am not sure what is planned during that time as far as activities go, so hopefully someone else can chime in. Either way, I hope you have a great vacation.

Anita

TSPam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC, Embarc
If your mom wants to go to Myrtle beach then go there.

I prefer Hilton Head. It is more upscale, quieter. There are three Marriott's on the beach and more on the inland water side. There are activities at the resorts and quite a busy artistic community. Concerts, plays etc. The beach is wide and hard packed making it easy for older folks to walk on it.

gnipgnop

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
If your looking for upscale then by all means go to Ocean Watch but if your looking for a real nice resort that is close to everything then take her to Sheraton Broadway Plantation. We have been to both and if you are not an owner at OceanWatch or a Marriott owner then don't be fooled by thinking you'll be next to the beach. Even if there is a lot of availability you will be placed in a unit in the back of the resort. Don't get me wrong, OceanWatch is a lovely resort but for me it would be Sheraton Broadway Plantation. If you check in on a Saturday ask for building 12 or 13. They are very nice 2 BR units and face the fountain. March is a great time to go. The weather is usually in upper 60's low 70's. Sweat shirt weather. No matter which one you chose you will not go wrong. Have fun and give your Mom a hug from me. I wish my mom was still here to join me on a vacation. ENJOY!

Last edited:

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
Since your mom really wants to go to Myrtle Beach, it seems like a no brainer to go there.

We own at both Oceanwatch and Broadway Plantation and I would take Oceanwatch any day over Broadway Plantation.
The interior appointments at Oceanwatch are far superior IMO. We've stayed at both resorts over the years and there's just no comparison as far as we're concerned. Even if you end up in one of the back buildings (Pines/Maples) it's still only a matter of yards versus miles to walk over to the beach. If you're above the eighth floor in either building you will have an oceanview.

There are many restaurants and shopping close to both and all the theater shows are in full swing. Keep in mind that MB is one of the golf capitols of the world and as such gets many visitors in March so everything is in full swing during that period.

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I prefer Marriott in Myrtle Beach there's a bit more to do. If you want quiet, relaxing then do Hilton Head.