• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Myrtle Beach Airport

Steve A

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We'll be going to the Marriott Ocean Watch next October. The airport in Myrtle Beach is pretty close to the ts according to II. Is there a larger airport fairly nearby that might have cheaper prices? We can fly out of Madison (WI) (our home airport), Milwaukee (75 miles away), or O'Hare (we have a place in downtown Chicago).

Any suggestions? ORD looks to be the least expensive right now, but between gas, tolls, and taxis, if we leave early in the morning from downtown and can't take the blue line, it could $100.00 on to the trip.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Myrtle Beach is a small airport, but nice for what it is. It really is a driving time vs. cost scenario. MB isn't really that close to anything that big, except itself. You could fly in to Wilmington, NC and head south from there, but that's also pretty small. Florence, SC is another choice, but, again fairly small. You could fly in to Charleston, SC and head up the coast, about a two hour drive.

The closest, "biggest" airports are probably Charlotte, Raleigh or Columbia, but they are all a 3-4 hour drive away. Southwest does fly into RDU (Raleigh.)

Hope this helps. My DH is actually driving back from Myrtle Beach today (about four hours between here--Greensboro,NC--and there.)

Steve A

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your very thorough answer. I guess we will fly out of Chicago to Myrtle Beach. But it isn't for a year so I'll keep on checking on the best combination of time and cost.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are going to rent a car, I'd check the combination of airfare, car rental and gas for Myrtle Beach, Charlotte and Raleigh-Durham airports. My lowest cost from Dallas always turned out to be Charlotte, and it wasn't a bad drive.

George

dwojo

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Try Direct Air they fly out of Rockford to Myrtle Beach and always have good sales. Their wed address is visitdirectair.com