• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Myrtle Beach - 1/27-2/3

lmkucala

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are looking to use some RCI points in Myrtle Beach before heading to Florida for most of February. I've never stayed in Myrtle Beach before (only driven through it and it was awhile ago), so looking at suggestions. It will just be DH and I - starting to "snowbird" a bit as our first year of empty nesters from Minnesota.

There is ton's of availability given it's offseason, but looking at Wyndham SeaWatch, Wyndham Westwinds, and Bluegreen Carolina Grand. I'm open to other suggestions as well, but this is what I narrowed it down to based on my limited knowledge. Other resorts with RCI points availability during that time are:
- Wyndham Ocean Blvd
- Grand Palms Resort
- Hilton at Anderson Ocean Club
- Holiday Inn Vacation Club South Beach
- Horizon's at 77th
- Shorecrest Vacation Villas

Some are in N. Myrtle and some are in the main area. Our plan for the week will likely just be to explore the area (don't mind driving), golf if the weather cooperates, possibly do some hiking, etc. We'll be spending a week in Hilton Head the following week, before heading to Florida.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
We are looking to use some RCI points in Myrtle Beach before heading to Florida for most of February. I've never stayed in Myrtle Beach before (only driven through it and it was awhile ago), so looking at suggestions. It will just be DH and I - starting to "snowbird" a bit as our first year of empty nesters from Minnesota.

There is ton's of availability given it's offseason, but looking at Wyndham SeaWatch, Wyndham Westwinds, and Bluegreen Carolina Grand. I'm open to other suggestions as well, but this is what I narrowed it down to based on my limited knowledge. Other resorts with RCI points availability during that time are:
- Wyndham Ocean Blvd
- Grand Palms Resort
- Hilton at Anderson Ocean Club
- Holiday Inn Vacation Club South Beach
- Horizon's at 77th
- Shorecrest Vacation Villas

Some are in N. Myrtle and some are in the main area. Our plan for the week will likely just be to explore the area (don't mind driving), golf if the weather cooperates, possibly do some hiking, etc. We'll be spending a week in Hilton Head the following week, before heading to Florida.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

I own Hilton Anderson Ocean Club (AOC). If they had availability, I would put a preference on the other HGVC properties (Ocean Enclave or Ocean 22).

lmkucala

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own Hilton Anderson Ocean Club (AOC). If they had availability, I would put a preference on the other HGVC properties (Ocean Enclave or Ocean 22).
HIlton Anderson was the only HIlton I saw with availability - at least through RCI. Are you saying you don't recommend that resort?

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
I am not recommending against it at all. Seems great and on the beach. I am just saying I would recommend the other Hiltons more.

Deb from NC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We really like Wyndham SeaWatch in North Myrtle. Direct oceanfront, 4 outdoor pools and an indoor pool and close to a lot of great restaurants. We’ve stayed at several of the Wyndhams in Myrtle Beach and it’s our favorite.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We stayed at A Place At Beach Windy Hill in North Myrtle Beach. Not affiliated with any of the big timeshare companies. Traded into with our RCI week timeshare. We have also stayed at Ocean Walk a Wyndham Resort. We preferred the Place at the beach, I wrote a review . On both. Have fun!

lmkucala

TUG Member
Reaction score
We really like Wyndham SeaWatch in North Myrtle. Direct oceanfront, 4 outdoor pools and an indoor pool and close to a lot of great restaurants. We’ve stayed at several of the Wyndhams in Myrtle Beach and it’s our favorite.

Not being familiar with the area, I'm curious about the location of this vs. for example Hilton Anderson in Myrtle Beach? I think I've read that North Myrtle Beach area is quieter but during the off season would it be better to be more centrally located and closer tot he boardwalk in Myrtle Beach?

I'm not sure I completely understand the difference between the two.

Deb from NC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not being familiar with the area, I'm curious about the location of this vs. for example Hilton Anderson in Myrtle Beach? I think I've read that North Myrtle Beach area is quieter but during the off season would it be better to be more centrally located and closer tot he boardwalk in Myrtle Beach?

I'm not sure I completely understand the difference between the two.

Seawatch is a little over 8 miles North of Hilton Anderson. It’s easy to go back and forth by car between Myrtle and North Myrtle. As far as where to stay, it just depends on what you like. We like it a little quieter so usually stay in North Myrtle. Great beaches and plenty of good restaurants close by.

plpgma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Palm-Aire
My wife & I are going to the SeaWatch for the first time this coming November and are really looking forward to it! Speaking from a totally self-centered standpoint, I hope Ian hasn't caused too much damage to either it or the surrounding area.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Grand Palms is nice, also look at Sheraton Broadway Plantation. It's now managed by Marriott.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Grand Palms is nice, also look at Sheraton Broadway Plantation. It's now managed by Marriott.

Neither is at all close to the beach, if that is important.