• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

My VIDANTA Nuevo Vallarta presentation story

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
The biggest irritation to me is that they said the presentation part would be 60 minutes, and it was about 2 hours (of course after breakfast, and before the pass around). The funny thing is, most presentations in the US say either 90 or 120 minutes.
It's possible to do it in less than 90 minutes. During our 4th, yes 4th, presentation with them we were out in 84 minutes (including the pass around). We kept reminding them we were required to be there for only 60 minutes. Clearly we failed at keeping it to 60, but it's the best we were able to do.

youknowthenight

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's possible to do it in less than 90 minutes. During our 4th, yes 4th, presentation with them we were out in 84 minutes (including the pass around). We kept reminding them we were required to be there for only 60 minutes. Clearly we failed at keeping it to 60, but it's the best we were able to do.
I actually went in thinking I would walk out after 60 minutes, even if it meant passing up the gifts. They did a really good job of making it feel like it was about to be over (over and over). Now that I know better, I'd just set the alarm for 60 minutes and go.

musictom

TUG Member
Reaction score
2 years ago, we did it in 52 minutes. After we said "no" to the check in lady multiple times, she finally made us an offer we couldn't refuse. No breakfast, and 45 minutes total. Upgrade to GM, $150 credit, black card, and 10% off. I took the bait.

We went to our appointment, and were met by an older English-accented salesman. Of course, he wasn't in sales, more customer service, blah, blah, blah. We watched the little Vidanta video, he took us through a couple of GL units (we're MP level), and then started in on the pitch.

We were armed to the teeth with information, and ready to call up my contract on the phone if needed. I kept correcting him when he said something different about our contract (commission fee to Vidanta on sales, golf privileges, senior certificates, etc.)

He got to the point to show us we already had $74,000 in equity with Vidanta, and I smirked. I offered our friend the opportunity to buy our unit at 1/2 price. Too bad it's illegal for him to buy owner units. :) I then said, "You and I both know I have $0 in equity, and that it would likely cost me a few thousand to get rid of my unit. We have eight years left on our 25 year contract (bought in 2002). We'll use it 8 more times, and then we'll rent from an owner if we want to come back.

His reply was "it sounds as if this program isn't for you". He then said he'd clear up our paperwork, and we'd be on our way. This is when I knew the next level up would appear. Low and behold, 3 minutes later, our British friend has our certificates, shakes hands, and wishes us a pleasant vacation. I couldn't believe it! Out in 52 minutes.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
2 years ago,....His reply was "it sounds as if this program isn't for you" He then said he'd clear up our paperwork, and we'd be on our way.
This is when I knew the next level up would appear.
Low and behold, 3 minutes later, our British friend has our certificates, shakes hands, and wishes us a pleasant vacation. I couldn't believe it! Out in 52 minutes.
Next level up must have been busy - closing a deal.

We did a Feb 2020 presentation. Nice enjoyable sales rep. knowledgeable/ Vidanta background in other depts. before moving to sales.

We did get 5 minutes of his sales mgr & spent the time complimenting our rep. while continuing to say that we were not planning to upgrade from our Mayan Palace contract.

- then we were past off to the nice lady whose job is to get us to sign off. Of course her real job is to outline all the extra weeks we are declining and get us to reconsider.

added- as owners we did not get the additional hand off to the exit package crew -
a benefit of ownership.

As presentations go - it was an “enjoyable one”. We did get 50 % of the resort fee - 2 massages - 10% off meals.
We were at the MP-PV Marina for 2 weeks - our registered week in a 1 bedroom and an RCI week in a 2 bedroom
Our sons joined us for most of the 2 bedroom week.

Last edited: