• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

My survey -and just bought

TheKman

TUG Member
Reaction score
We hope you've gotten the letter in the mail- and an email sent. BTW, to send USPS to Mexico and have tracking, it has to be sent Registered. Certified won't do it.

From your first post, it doesn't look like you'll be too upset (yet) either way.

Best Wishes!

Jim
I did. Thank you. Please see my other post for my update.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I did. Thank you. Please see my other post for my update.
I did, and Good Job. The 'no badmouth' type stuff is just standard boilerplate. You might email that you'll return their 'agreement' as soon as your money is safely in your account, but not before.

Now, the fun part of finding a resort/group that will allow you to travel the way you want to. Good Luck- that little jewel is out there waiting.

Jim

TheKman

TUG Member
Reaction score
They emailed back and said the refund is processed and I will have my refund within 5 days. My $17 registered letter was redundant, but I'm sure it was good back up, just in case.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, HGVC The Bay Club, HGVC Elara, Worldmark
They emailed back and said the refund is processed and I will have my refund within 5 days. My $17 registered letter was redundant, but I'm sure it was good back up, just in case.
Now invest $15 in a tug membership and take your time with research.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

TheKman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Then why does your signature say Guest?
Timeshare Users Group
Thank you for joining the Timeshare Users Group
We are so glad you have decided to join our group and look forward to having you as a part of the first and largest independent timeshare community on the Internet! We exist for the sole reason of helping each other get the most out of our timeshare experience(after all, everyone in TUG is a timeshare owner just like you!).
I don't know. You tell me. I'm new here.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Timeshare Users Group
We are so glad you have decided to join our group and look forward to having you as a part of the first and largest independent timeshare community on the Internet! We exist for the sole reason of helping each other get the most out of our timeshare experience(after all, everyone in TUG is a timeshare owner just like you!).
Send them an email and the will fix it for you.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Timeshare Users Group
You got an email with a code to enter. I can't remember exactly where- it's been a LONG time. if you can't figure it out, email TUG @ tug2.com. And THANKS!

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*

I feel like saying "You did good Pilgrim", lol. The Villa Group resorts do occasionally show up as resales. Gold and Premiere winter week float in at least a one bedroom unit are the best regarding the Villa Group or UVCI. Most point memberships are not transferable as a regular points membership. Some are but most get reverted to a timeshare week with a home resort like in a Premiere membership but retain the high MF.

Bill

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Timeshare Users Group
Hey, Good Job on the Member designation. Now you'll be looked upon as somebody who REALLY knows their stuff. Welcome, Member!

TheKman

TUG Member
Reaction score
OK. My down payment has now been credited back to my card. All is good.
I'd appreciate any direction based on my survey. I know we kind of got sidetracked with my purchase. What should I lean toward? What should I focus on learning? My wife wants to make sure we don't stand pat after all of this.
Thank you.

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
OK. My down payment has now been credited back to my card. All is good.
I'd appreciate any direction based on my survey. I know we kind of got sidetracked with my purchase. What should I lean toward? What should I focus on learning? My wife wants to make sure we don't stand pat after all of this.
Thank you.
First off, there is nothing wrong with standing pat (i.e. not buying); renting is a viable option for many. No capital cost and you can stop whenever you want. It also helps focus you on where you want to return and what size and quality of accommodations you may eventually want to buy.

Europe is a tough timeshare destination; few European timeshares are in or near major cities.

I have no experience with Carribean timeshares and limited experience with Mexican timeshares (Westin Lagunamar only, which we like, but which you should not buy if you also want to trade), so I will leave that question for Others.