• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

My reset, I invite you to have hope and to share in inspirational moments

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Last night I knew I needed to reset myself. I have been full of worry, nervous, not sleeping well, not exercising, not eating the best, being a couch potato, etc. Why? the unknown and reality of this virus.

I am talking freely about this because there has to be other tuggers too, even if only one or many that are experiencing the same.

I thought it out and while talking to myself I acquired a new respect and admiration for my mom who I consider very difficult at best. She went through the horrors of war, the unthinkable, plus diseases and she taught me that hope is what makes you survive through the worst. In comparison I am not near of going through what she went through, I don’t have bombs exploding around me, my home put on fire, my uncle beheaded, typhus as she had and the list can go on.

This thread is not to minimize the effects of this virus, health wise, emotionally and financially as they are real and are being discussed elsewhere on tug.

This thread isn’t for everyone. I ask that it doesn’t become gloom and doom. If you think I am out there just ignore this thread. Everyone is entitled to deal with this as they want.

For those of you that want an inspirational moment, have hope and want to be part of support for each other without all the negativity I invite you to participate.

Last edited:

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts
Eleanor Roosevelt

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Last night, my DW and I went around to the 49 homes in our block and placed a small food gift on their front doorstep with a note that said, "In a matter of weeks our world has been turned upside down. So many of the things we took for granted like getting a haircut, having a beer with friends at a brewpub, or even taking our car through the car wash are gone, at least for now. We realize that--especially for our older neighbors and those with underlying health conditions--it's a time of genuine concern and anxiety. That's why Jan and I have been moved to reach out to our neighbors to simply offer our help if you need help. How can we help? If you need someone to make a grocery run because you're afraid to go out or you have physical limitations, let us know. If you need to borrow a roll of toilet paper, let us know. If you need someone to pray with or for you, let us know. Don't worry: we're not going to try to sell you anything. We're just trying to make sure we act as a part of the solution in this uncertain time." We then listed our phone number and gave them our address so they'd know we really do live right in their neighborhood.

The response has been amazing. The phone has been ringing off the hook, with only a few requests, but many expressing thanks. Even though we all feel isolated by social distancing, a simple gesture of kindness goes a long way.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Last night, my DW and I went around to the 49 homes in our block and placed a small food gift on their front doorstep with a note that said, "In a matter of weeks our world has been turned upside down. So many of the things we took for granted like getting a haircut, having a beer with friends at a brewpub, or even taking our car through the car wash are gone, at least for now. We realize that--especially for our older neighbors and those with underlying health conditions--it's a time of genuine concern and anxiety. That's why Jan and I have been moved to reach out to our neighbors to simply offer our help if you need help. How can we help? If you need someone to make a grocery run because you're afraid to go out or you have physical limitations, let us know. If you need to borrow a roll of toilet paper, let us know. If you need someone to pray with or for you, let us know. Don't worry: we're not going to try to sell you anything. We're just trying to make sure we act as a part of the solution in this uncertain time." We then listed our phone number and gave them our address so they'd know we really do live right in their neighborhood.

The response has been amazing. The phone has been ringing off the hook, with only a few requests, but many expressing thanks. Even though we all feel isolated by social distancing, a simple gesture of kindness goes a long way.
I have tears, in a good way. How inspirational! Thank you, it are kind, wonderful people like you that keeps me having hope. Human kindness is the best gift one can give.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Suggestion only. Please turned off and do not watch all the news television stations, cable radio and cable networks news stations.
Please watch only uplifting movies, games shows and listen to some soft music. No Rap music.

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
Panina, what a nice gesture to encourage positive thoughts. I’d like to contribute this poem that was sent to our congregation by our Rabbi yesterday, just before the start of the Jewish Sabbath. There is no religious implication here, just a really beautiful message. Hope this is what you intended and all can appreciate.

The COV19 Pandemic

What if you thought of it
as the Jews consider the Sabbath-
the most sacred of times?

Cease from travel.
Cease from buying and selling.
Give up, just for now,
on trying to make the world
different than it is.

Sing. Pray. Touch only those
to whom you commit your life.

Center down.

And when your body has become still,
reach out with your heart.
Know that we are connected
in ways that are terrifying and beautiful.
(You could hardly deny it now.)

Know that our lives
are in one another's hands.
(Surely, that has come clear.)

Do not reach out your hands.
Reach out your heart.
Reach out your words.
Reach out all the tendrils
of compassion that move, invisibly,
where we cannot touch.

Promise this world your love--
for better or for worse,
in sickness and in health,
so long as we all shall live.

--Lynn Ungar 3/11/20

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bluehende

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Today I put out a lot of our christmas light display. I have already had both dad's from across the street come over and tell me how much their kids will enjoy them. I like to spread light on dark days. It took me less than 2 hrs even with the normal half hour of cussing to hopefully brighten a few peoples day.

PS not my idea I heard it on facebook

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."—Martin Luther King, Jr.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I just read this in an article and found it inspirational:

In a time when no one has the answers, she said, the trick is to stop seeking them out from others. “This is an amazing opportunity of building your inner strength and your strength as a community,” she said. “Is it 5,000 disinfectant wipes that is going to make you safe? I don’t think so. For me, it’s just knowing inside of myself that we’re going to be OK. Bad times come, we should not expect they won’t. So you deal with it and support each other and survive it.”

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
I just read this in an article and found it inspirational:

In a time when no one has the answers, she said, the trick is to stop seeking them out from others. “This is an amazing opportunity of building your inner strength and your strength as a community,” she said. “Is it 5,000 disinfectant wipes that is going to make you safe? I don’t think so. For me, it’s just knowing inside of myself that we’re going to be OK. Bad times come, we should not expect they won’t. So you deal with it and support each other and survive it.”
I LOVE THIS!!! Thank you for sharing!

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I am not doing anything grand but I am keeping in touch with my immediate family to support them- our son to offer any help he may need; my brother who is moving tomorrow and selling his family home on Wednesday through all this and my young niece who is distraught with her parents selling her childhood home, having been laid off, and having to move out of the city temporarily.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
As I put my mind to sleep

I pray tomorrow brings

Strength and wisdom

To be the best of me

Accept the world

As it exists to be

Live and hope

It brings me peace

For as much as I want

It all to stop

Be back

To what I crave for fun

It is what it is

A different norm

Must live my life

In my best form

geekette

Reaction score
I saw something sweet last night - a lady with two little girls was seeking Routine with having them home and suddenly being their teacher. Every morning, they take a flag out to the culdesac and say Pledge of Allegiance. Neighbors are now joining them, most standing at end of their own driveways. It seems that two little boys nearby really like it, says it gets them ready to study.

caribbeanqueen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Surf Club
Panina thank you for starting this thread. It is nice to see positivity (is this a word? lol) in these challenging times.
Walnutbaron what an amazing gesture. Just knowing someone cares I am sure made your neighbors feel better. I hope this kindness is retunred to you twofold.

My husband owns two businesses, both of them closed. We had to lay off 90 employees. I should be getting some unemployment but much less than I make.my husband will not be able to collect owning his own business.
Sunday we wrote out two checks, one for church and one for my son-in-law's birthday. My husband is very nervous writing out anything at the moment but I told my husband when you still give to God, He will take care of you. I went to put the two envelopes in my mailbox but had to take out the mail that had already been delivered. Guess what? In that pile of mail was a check for $150.00 for an over payment to our local hospital from January (probably when I had what we now believe was Covid19). When you give from your heart and trust you will always receive back.
Thanks to everyone for the positive posts. I am really enjoying them.
I try to focus on three things I am thankful for every morning. It gives a very good start to the day.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
my mom's old neighbors are calling her at her new retirement center to see how she's doing-where she's isolated in her apt, alone-they bring meals by and leave at the door. She said she's "been on the phone all morning" in a very happy voice. Please reach out to elderly and those alone.
I'm Facetiming to my niece 3X/week--young, healthy, but recently moved to a new city--now isolated in her apt-at least she has a dog.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panina thank you for starting this thread. It is nice to see positivity (is this a word? lol) in these challenging times.
Walnutbaron what an amazing gesture. Just knowing someone cares I am sure made your neighbors feel better. I hope this kindness is retunred to you twofold.

My husband owns two businesses, both of them closed. We had to lay off 90 employees. I should be getting some unemployment but much less than I make.my husband will not be able to collect owning his own business.
Sunday we wrote out two checks, one for church and one for my son-in-law's birthday. My husband is very nervous writing out anything at the moment but I told my husband when you still give to God, He will take care of you. I went to put the two envelopes in my mailbox but had to take out the mail that had already been delivered. Guess what? In that pile of mail was a check for $150.00 for an over payment to our local hospital from January (probably when I had what we now believe was Covid19). When you give from your heart and trust you will always receive back.
Thanks to everyone for the positive posts. I am really enjoying them.
I try to focus on three things I am thankful for every morning. It gives a very good start to the day.
I always believed be generous, give and it will come back 10 fold for you to give more, financially and emotionally.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I wrote this years ago when I was going thru some very sad times.

Darkness

It is a place of sorrow

Sadly I visited

It was a horror

Run from the darkness

Stay away

Fight hard

To appreciate your days

Darkness

Will creep back in

Say hello, Send it away

Say I cannot visit with you today