• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

My reset, I invite you to have hope and to share in inspirational moments

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Hello Panina,

I'm sorry I've not seen this thread before -- I don't spend as much time in TUG Lounge as I should and sometimes I find I miss important topics. Although this started a month ago, and I'm late to the game here, I admire your courage in starting this thread and your devotion to finding the positive things in life to help us through these difficult periods. I have found many posts in here that are inspirational and I wish I had something of comparable value to contribute.

My grandfather was an American Naval Officer in the Phillippines in December 1941. When the Japanese invaded the islands and took Manila, the men retreated to the island of Corregidor in Manila Bay. There was a tunnel on the island called Malinta tunnel and the Americans would huddle in the tunnel while the Japanese bombed their island. He used to walk the tunnel every day and he realized the men were watching him, and if he showed fear they would be afraid, so all he did, every day, was walk the tunnels and talk to the men. Where are you from? You have a little boy right? Is he a ball player? I've never been to Iowa, what is it like? He knew how it was going to end, there were no marines coming to the rescue. But it is what he could do to help the men survive and keep their spirits up.

Later, in the POW camps, he recognized the importance of sharing hope to the men, so he continued his posture -- where is the first place you're going to visit when you get home? Think how grand the July 4th celebration will be when we get home. I may stay in the Navy after all, they will need men like us. After the war, he would cherish the simple things, like opening a beer and sitting in his garage with the garage door open, watching it snow outside. He was an amazing man.

As for me, I have confidence in my family, my community, my country and my God. I believe every scientist on the planet is focused on beating this thing and I am betting on them. I wish you and all of my fellow TUGgers the very best during these times of hardship and isolation.

If my grandfather were still here, he would smile and ask me where my first vacation is going to be when this is over? And I would tell him all about Hawaii,and share memories of my family vacations with him. And he would smile with me.

All my best,

Greg

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Hello Panina,

I'm sorry I've not seen this thread before -- I don't spend as much time in TUG Lounge as I should and sometimes I find I miss important topics. Although this started a month ago, and I'm late to the game here, I admire your courage in starting this thread and your devotion to finding the positive things in life to help us through these difficult periods. I have found many posts in here that are inspirational and I wish I had something of comparable value to contribute.

My grandfather was an American Naval Officer in the Phillippines in December 1941. When the Japanese invaded the islands and took Manila, the men retreated to the island of Corregidor in Manila Bay. There was a tunnel on the island called Malinta tunnel and the Americans would huddle in the tunnel while the Japanese bombed their island. He used to walk the tunnel every day and he realized the men were watching him, and if he showed fear they would be afraid, so all he did, every day, was walk the tunnels and talk to the men. Where are you from? You have a little boy right? Is he a ball player? I've never been to Iowa, what is it like? He knew how it was going to end, there were no marines coming to the rescue. But it is what he could do to help the men survive and keep their spirits up.

Later, in the POW camps, he recognized the importance of sharing hope to the men, so he continued his posture -- where is the first place you're going to visit when you get home? Think how grand the July 4th celebration will be when we get home. I may stay in the Navy after all, they will need men like us. After the war, he would cherish the simple things, like opening a beer and sitting in his garage with the garage door open, watching it snow outside. He was an amazing man.

As for me, I have confidence in my family, my community, my country and my God. I believe every scientist on the planet is focused on beating this thing and I am betting on them. I wish you and all of my fellow TUGgers the very best during these times of hardship and isolation.

If my grandfather were still here, he would smile and ask me where my first vacation is going to be when this is over? And I would tell him all about Hawaii,and share memories of my family vacations with him. And he would smile with me.

All my best,

Greg

Your grandfather was a special person.

There is a lot to be learned from our parents and grandparents that endured so much during the wars.

Today while I was talking to mom she said it’s not so bad. You reminded me that bombs aren’t falling over me. Your remembered everything dad and I told you.

My father loved his freedom after the war. His family lost everything, nothing ever received back. He was wealthy before the war. My dad came to America and worked in a factory sewing hats for his income. He never once complained. He always smiled until his last day with us knowing how sick he was.

Dad would not be afraid of this virus but he would do what he had to do to survive while helping others as your grandfather did. My dad taught me what hope was In spite of all the horrors he endured. It was one of the greatest gifts he gave me.

cyntravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello Panina,
Thanks for putting this thread together for all of us to share.

Here is a quote I have in my kitchen.

LORD, help me
remember that
nothing will happen
today that we can't
handle together.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
i have deleted my post to reduce conflict.

Last edited:

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
i have deleted my post to reduce conflict.
I had read you post before you deleted it. You had hope, that wasn’t political but I understand how others here would grabbed on and turn it around.

HOPE is nothing to say you are sorry for and no one has a right to take that away from you. Hope keeps us going, a toast from you to me for having hope.

Last edited:

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last night, my DW and I went around to the 49 homes in our block and placed a small food gift on their front doorstep with a note that said, "In a matter of weeks our world has been turned upside down. So many of the things we took for granted like getting a haircut, having a beer with friends at a brewpub, or even taking our car through the car wash are gone, at least for now. We realize that--especially for our older neighbors and those with underlying health conditions--it's a time of genuine concern and anxiety. That's why Jan and I have been moved to reach out to our neighbors to simply offer our help if you need help. How can we help? If you need someone to make a grocery run because you're afraid to go out or you have physical limitations, let us know. If you need to borrow a roll of toilet paper, let us know. If you need someone to pray with or for you, let us know. Don't worry: we're not going to try to sell you anything. We're just trying to make sure we act as a part of the solution in this uncertain time." We then listed our phone number and gave them our address so they'd know we really do live right in their neighborhood.

The response has been amazing. The phone has been ringing off the hook, with only a few requests, but many expressing thanks. Even though we all feel isolated by social distancing, a simple gesture of kindness goes a long way.
The world needs more people like you! This is so amazing

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A54C2A27-F81B-4F8C-B915-03A16DFDFA0C.jpeg

A little birdie told me today is as good as you make it

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.
Albert Einstein

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I read this today and found it very helpful to help navigate the stress and anxiety that comes with COVID-19.

An Approach to Living with Uncertainty: Control What You Can and Accept What You Can’t

One of the most difficult parts about COVID-19 is uncertainty: about the timeline of the virus, about the impact on the economy, and about the effect it could have on you and your loved ones’ well-being. When people are anxious, they are likely to imagine a worst-case scenario. It’s important to remind yourself that the worst-case scenario is only one of many possible outcomes. It can be helpful to think about the best-case scenario and the most realistic outcome—which often falls somewhere between the best case and the worst case.

Imagine yourself a year from today and create a visual image of the most likely scenario. Although my fortune-telling abilities are no greater that anyone else’s, common sense tells me that on the first day of spring 2021, we most likely will be back at work, and our kids will be back at school. In short, we’ll return to normal. It may be a new normal, with some precautions we’re taking today, but it will feel normal.

The way that you view a situation affects how you feel. If you view the coronavirus as a devastating and imminent threat to you or to your family or community—over which you have no control—you’ll feel quite anxious. If you perceive that you are responsibly following CDC guidelines and are likely to survive, even if you do get the virus, you’ll feel better.

When you’re feeling out of control of some aspects of life, you’re likely to feel better if you take control of other parts of your life, especially your time and your habits. Throughout the day, give yourself credit for the things that you have accomplished… Focus on what you can control: the way you view your experiences and how you respond. I predict you’ll feel much better.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I have high hopes that this virus will make people look inward and maybe to God more than before.

Bickering for no reason, being divisive (here on TUG), taking offense at things that are not meant as offensive. Those are things I am working on.

My relationship with one of my kids is a prime example. For some reason, our grown child thinks our not visiting them often (89 miles each way) is because we don't care about their family. We love our grandchildre, every one of them. It's a bizarre thing. I keep hoping they will realize that it's not an affront to them. We are busy remodeling our townhouse to sell. It's not meant to be against anyone. We are keeping busy. This child is directing the anger specifically at me. I think it's Covid and the constant stress it's causing for all of us. Maybe we will be okay at the end, but I am not all that hopeful things will be the same between us.