• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

My reset, I invite you to have hope and to share in inspirational moments

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
Groucho Marx

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I'm sewing masks for my grandkids, green for one and pink for the other. Their mom will be wearing a mask, even when home, and they wanted some, too. I told them yesterday I would make them some, this morning they face timed asking where they were. I had to show them work-in-progress.

We've been having family zoom's. They've been awesome. My sister (day 6 and doing great) wanted to start them to ease my mother's concerns. It's been fun for all of us.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just heard this from a newscaster, good way to look at it.

” we are one day closer to the end of this”

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I was talking to someone today with Covid-19. He said he has become more emotional about the good things in life and acts of kindness. He said since getting sick he prays more and has turned to his faith. He said he has learned to appreciate the small things more. He has been self isolating for 2.5 weeks and is getting better. So for him, Covid-19 has been a gift.

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I liked this brief story from a reader of the Wall Street Journal, which has invited readers to share their experiences in dealing with the virus:

My wife and I have sheltered in place since it was first suggested. We aren't preppers, per se, but have always been ready for earthquakes and have plenty of food. We walk early with masks, and neighbors who see us always ask if we need anything. I was prepared to get into the canned milk and told a neighbor—and a gallon of milk showed up. I commented to another and said we were down to 3 eggs, and a dozen organic brown eggs showed up. Many acts of kindness are being seen. We do like and enjoy our neighbors, so I think next time I'll say we are low on filet mignon or T-bone steak and see what happens.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
"The pain you feel today is the strength you feel tomorrow. For every challenge encountered, there is opportunity for growth."—Unknown

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Here’s a positive news story!

———-
The Science of Helping Out
During a crisis, the people who cope best are those who help others.

At a time when we are all experiencing an extraordinary level of stress, science offers a simple and effective way to bolster our own emotional health.

To help yourself, start by helping others.

Much of the scientific research on resilience — which is our ability to bounce back from adversity — has shown that having a sense of purpose, and giving support to others, has a significant impact on our well-being.

“There is a lot of evidence that one of the best anti-anxiety medications available is generosity,” said Adam Grant, an organizational psychologist at Wharton and author of “Give and Take: A Revolutionary Approach to Success.” “The great thing about showing up for other people is that it doesn’t have to cost a whole lot or anything at all, and it ends up being beneficial to the giver.”........

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Seems from a lack interest in this thread, inspirational moments are difficult for most to embrace now .

I almost didn’t post this but I decided if only one other tugger liked something from some of my favorites quotes it was worth the time.

There is a light at the end of every tunnel. Some tunnels just happen to be longer than others.”
– Ada Adams

"The pain you feel today is the strength you feel tomorrow. For every challenge encountered, there is opportunity for growth."—Unknown

“Tough times never last, but tough people do.” – Robert H. Schuller

“We must meet the challenge rather than wish it were not before us.” – William J. Brennan, Jr.

“If you fell down yesterday, stand up today.” – H.G. Well

“Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I’ll try again tomorrow.” – Mary Anne Radmacher

“Let perseverance be your engine and hope your fuel.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

“If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.” – Thich Nhat Hanh

“When you stand and share your story in an empowering way, your story will heal you and your story will heal somebody else.” – Iyanla Vanzant

Your allowed to scream, Your allowed to cry, But do not give up
Unknown

You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.
Marcus Aurelius

“Choose to be optimistic, it feels better.” – Dalai Lama

geoand

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I liked this brief story from a reader of the Wall Street Journal, which has invited readers to share their experiences in dealing with the virus:

My wife and I have sheltered in place since it was first suggested. We aren't preppers, per se, but have always been ready for earthquakes and have plenty of food. We walk early with masks, and neighbors who see us always ask if we need anything. I was prepared to get into the canned milk and told a neighbor—and a gallon of milk showed up. I commented to another and said we were down to 3 eggs, and a dozen organic brown eggs showed up. Many acts of kindness are being seen. We do like and enjoy our neighbors, so I think next time I'll say we are low on filet mignon or T-bone steak and see what happens.
You will be disappointed We live in small 8 cottage community. All of us are “elderly.” We have all agreed to watch out for each other. I sent a text to each home & said I had 3 luscious sweet potatoes to trade for a gallon of chocolate ice cream. NOT ONE TAKER

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You will be disappointed We live in small 8 cottage community. All of us are “elderly.” We have all agreed to watch out for each other. I sent a text to each home & said I had 3 luscious sweet potatoes to trade for a gallon of chocolate ice cream. NOT ONE TAKER
If you offered chocolate ice cream everyone would have answered you. Sweet potatoes are easy to get.

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you offered chocolate ice cream everyone would have answered you. Sweet potatoes are easy to get.
I'm pretty sure @geoand knew that. He was making a joke.

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My DH just gave himself a haircut. He has some patches and it is very uneven but I love it! He came out of the bathroom and looked embarrassed then asked me how his hair looks. So cute!
It won't be long before it's my turn to do the same. I'm going to YouTube it first, but I'm sure there will be holes galore.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It won't be long before it's my turn to do the same. I'm going to YouTube it first, but I'm sure there will be holes galore.

He asked me to clean it up this afternoon. He says it feels better now. It is hard to cut your own hair. Maybe your wife can help.

geoand

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure @geoand knew that. He was making a joke.
DW has told me over & over that my jokes never make sense.

I did use emojis to show that I was jesting. Learned that my emojis did not show up. Story of my life. I need to listen to my DW.

Wonder where else I have heard this?

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DW has told me over & over that my jokes never make sense.

I did use emojis to show that I was jesting. Learned that my emojis did not show up. Story of my life. I need to listen to my DW.

Wonder where else I have heard this?
I knew you were joking. I was just trying to be cute. :rolleyes:

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Perhaps you needed to ask for a quart rather than a gallon. Ha ha.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I've noticed my emojis don't appear when I've used them here. Thought it was a TUG thing. But I am seeing one here.
You need to select from tugs menu for emojis to work
56BE6010-376A-442B-AA01-9CBD05553378.jpeg

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned