• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

My rental ad is gone & pending again

Margaret13

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Park Hyatt Beaver Creek
Hyatt Mountain Lodge
Marriott Canyon Villas
I tried to find my rental for Park Hyatt in Beaver Creek, January 23, 2021 and it was gone! When I go to my classifieds it is shown as Pending. Did this happen because I lowered my asking rental price? I didn't receive any notification from TUG about them needing any more info from me.

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
When you edit an ad, it goes back to pending until it is reviewed again. It can take a few days to post again.

hcarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure why but when you drop the price it goes back to pending again. I have noticed this several times with mine. With Red week the price adjusts instantly so there are differences.

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure why but when you drop the price it goes back to pending again. I have noticed this several times with mine. With Red week the price adjusts instantly so there are differences.
Redweek makes money off of advertising timeshare rentals. Comparing it to TUG is like apples and oranges.

I think the TUG ruleset to trigger reviews does not exclude situations where the only change is a price drop.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Any editing of a classified on Marketplace goes to pending, usually only a day or two.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
all ads are reviewed throughout the day, but always within 24 hours.

if one could bypass the review process by simply editing an ad that was already approved, it would make the review process pointless.

hcarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the poster only lowered her price so that is what the question was. If you are just lowering a price - not editing anything about the unit - whether it still goes to pending. My experience is yes.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
actually if you click the edit button at all, it instantly removes the ad from the site and puts it back into the pending queue to be reviewed.

you are welcome to blame the folks that try to skirt the TUG rules for these types of policies...we make every effort to ensure the marketplace is fair and free of scams...but no strategy is 100% effective and sadly some of them impact legitimate users as well.

Margaret13

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Park Hyatt Beaver Creek
Hyatt Mountain Lodge
Marriott Canyon Villas
Hello, I am the one who posted that my Park Hyatt Beaver Creek was Pending. Yes, I did click the edit button to lower my price from $5,000 to $4,000, but I was not trying to skirt the TUG rules. I never saw it written in the rules that this would happen, and I did try to read all the rules, if I missed it, I apologize
But how do you review a price change? I have not received any emails asking if it was really me who changed the price. It has been 3 days now since it went pending and therefore no one is seeing it. This rental starts on January 23, that just 11 days away. As the date got closer, I was going to lower it again, but I won't be editing this ad anymore.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
you would need to email tug@tug2.net with questions about your ad