• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

My Realtor Interviews and Fear of Selling Our Home

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
LOL! No. He has essentially been gone from here since 2006! I could always go on the local Facebook page, though, to see if anyone is interested in helping us out.

Hubby and I were talking tonight and thinking maybe I will just have to stay with the movers and he will have to make multiple trips back and forth to the rental house that same day- unless maybe the buyers (of our house) will let us bring some stuff a head of time- providing they have the room.

Sigh....

Another positive update- we received the CO's in the mail today from the town for our current house! That was super fast!

And- the trusses are up on our new house!

Things are progressing nicely!View attachment 13713
Did you get a picture of the basement excavation? Want to make sure they didn’t forget to do it?

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Did you get a picture of the basement excavation? Want to make sure they didn’t forget to do it?

No- the realtor just sent this one.

The garage sits on a slab.

You can see in the back how the foundation is graduated down the slope. That is the basement walk out part.

I mean- if they didn't do it- they would have a big problem putting in the furnace and plumbing in this tiny house! LOL!

Last edited:

1st Class

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great to see things coming together for you! You might want to try Nextdoor.com to find some packing help. There are recommendations from real people in your neighborhood for just about anything you need. Take a look ... There are also moving companies that will hold your things on the truck including overnight. If you haven't already hired a moving company, shop for one that can accommodate you, or if you have, ask if they provide this service.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Any updates...new pics?

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Any updates...new pics?

Well, now that you mentioned it. LOL! We have not yet seen our home since just the footings back in August, but we will be going up Thanksgiving week and will finally see it in person. It is small and modest and simple.

The realtor says the cabinets have been delivered and the priming paint was put on inside. The tub and shower were installed. Supposedly the driveway is going in. They still have a ways to go. The builder has extended the contract out to 12/31 as a closing. but I think it will be after that.
74473989_10218896807484279_9026169326423506944_n.jpg
75100188_10218896807884289_72145318744948736_n.jpg
73370560_10218896807404277_1434735118013956096_n.jpg

Last edited:

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually, I like all of it. At the moment I am staying with my older sis who lives in a senior community in Gilroy, CA. (Just south of San Jose.) They are stand alone cottages on shared gardens land. The one across the dtreet is for sale at $545,000 if anyone is interested.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
It’s going to be a very comfortable home.

Dave

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I like the vaulted ceilings.

We had a vaulted ceiling put in the living room, but actually all the ceilings in the rest of the house are 9 feet standard.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
"Little kitchen" = no wasted steps!!

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Remember, these lots are tiny as back in the day they used to be tent and trailer lots. They are technically leased lots but no rent forever- just $100 at closing and that is it. There are a couple of larger models (but still no more than 1500 square feet) but their footprints extend upward- meaning a second floor. Ours is 1106 square feet. Plus the walk out basement. Plus the farmers porch and plus the garage.

Here is a photo of the backyard so you can see just how small the lot is. I am not kidding when I say postage stamp size. The back is 12 feet wide by 30 feet in length. LOL! This is so comical for people like us who lived on 10 1/2 acres most of our lives.

That is the walk out basement door and windows right there.

IMG_4900.JPG

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
There is an outdoor pool (unheated) and clubhouse with a fireplace, kitchen and billiards. We can walk to the boardwalk and MS MT Washington, which I intend to get season passes for. I will use the money I save in maintenance fees when we divest ourselves of one of our timeshares for that pleasure. And we can occasionally day use our other timeshare's facilities if we want since it is in NH- indoor and outdoor heated pools, sauna and gym, though it is a bit far (1 hour away) to do most of the time.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Well, now that you mentioned it. LOL! We have not yet seen our home since just the footings back in August, but we will be going up Thanksgiving week and will finally see it in person. It is small and modest and simple.

The realtor says the cabinets have been delivered and the priming paint was put on inside. The tub and shower were installed. Supposedly the driveway is going in. They still have a ways to go. The builder has extended the contract out to 12/31 as a closing. but I think it will be after that. View attachment 14930 View attachment 14929 View attachment 14931
Is there an entrance to the house from the garage?

Richard

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Just perfect for retirement!

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Looks very nice Mary Ann.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I believe once you move in it will feel bigger then you think. It is bigger then I imagined. Looks very nice.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Nice fall colors too, looks perfect for a retired couple.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro