• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

My new Resale is now in RCI points,What???

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I had a similar experience with a Wyndham Bali Hai contract I purchased via eBay from Legacy Adventures. They took their time providing the transfer paperwork to Wyndham, saying they were waiting for "corporate" to cut the check to cover the transfer fee, then ultimately sent in the transfer paperwork without a check. Fortunately, I had been calling up Wyndham to verify the status and learned that on one day I was calling the transfer fee hadn't been paid, so I was able to pay it by credit card and get the transfer completed instead of shredded, which would have happened at the end of the day. That's the fundamental problem with eBay sellers that are back ends for post card companies taking fees to end people's timeshares - they already have the money and don't really care about getting the job done. You wind up having to do the transaction management yourself.

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had a similar experience with a Wyndham Bali Hai contract I purchased via eBay from Legacy Adventures. They took their time providing the transfer paperwork to Wyndham, saying they were waiting for "corporate" to cut the check to cover the transfer fee, then ultimately sent in the transfer paperwork without a check. Fortunately, I had been calling up Wyndham to verify the status and learned that on one day I was calling the transfer fee hadn't been paid, so I was able to pay it by credit card and get the transfer completed instead of shredded, which would have happened at the end of the day. That's the fundamental problem with eBay sellers that are back ends for post card companies taking fees to end people's timeshares - they already have the money and don't really care about getting the job done. You wind up having to do the transaction management yourself.
I didn't by from Ebay.com, it was listed here on tug.
Doesn't matter where I purchase from, I do all the work. But then I know everything is as it should be.
Joys of buying a timeshare is like giving birth. Once the pain is over, the joy begins

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update:
I'm still stuck waiting for the previous owners to call RCI pts and cancel their account. EC(closing company) has tried contacting them via email and phone .
As of today(09/11/20) the former owners are dragging they feet. I'm pissed and can not use my unit.

Mjasp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Update:
I'm still stuck waiting for the previous owners to call RCI pts and cancel their account. EC(closing company) has tried contacting them via email and phone .
As of today(09/11/20) the former owners are dragging they feet. I'm pissed and can not use my unit.

Are they members here on TUG? Can you message them directly? WHY on earth would someone be so inconsiderate, I feel so bad for you :( Hope this resolves sooner than later.

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are they members here on TUG? Can you message them directly? WHY on earth would someone be so inconsiderate, I feel so bad for you :( Hope this resolves sooner than later.
I believe only the Closing company is on tug.

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well good news. The RCI points account is now canceled as of 9/18/20.
Bad news according to SVR even if I get my week out of RCI points I lost the use of my week this year because the points are canceled.
I told SVR its a Resale. They state it doesn't matter because the account with rci points was canceled.
Seriously I give up.
Just pissed

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Today is Good Day:cheer::banana::whooopie::whooopie:

I finally spoke with a RCI pts Supervisor Traina who knew exactly what to do.
So a very small breakdown:
Points account canceled on 9-1, 9-18,9-23.
The only thing I needed to do was call SVR owners services and them to verify with RCI that the account was closed.
Lost my week for the year, but I'm now ok with that .
Going to pay maintenance fees so and get ready for next year.

This would have been simpler if the previous owner had all the paperwork in order before Selling it-
The deed, maintenance fee - proof paid, and what exchange company with( If closed, have proof) in clear understanding in what year is first usage.

Thanks for letting me rant .